A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:40:19 pm
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: God's Quarterback  (Read 55923 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2011, 10:21:34 am »

He can be, yes.  But just like anyone else, he can also speak truth and be entertaining.
O'reilly?  He's just an out and out jerk.

I don't find Maher entertaining.  My opinion of him closely matches your opinion of O'Reilly.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2011, 10:22:42 am »

I don't find Maher entertaining.  My opinion of him closely matches your opinion of O'Reilly.

There you have it.

Maher's a comedian by profession.

I don't think O'Reilly is.  He does make me laugh uncontrollably on occasion though.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2011, 10:27:42 am »

There you have it.

Maher's a comedian by profession.

I don't think O'Reilly is.  He does make me laugh uncontrollably on occasion though.

I was referring to "He's just an out and out jerk."

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2011, 10:37:35 am »

I was referring to "He's just an out and out jerk."

I know you were.  I still think that.

I don't know of a liberal commentator today that tries to scream over or pull the mike on someone making an argument the way O'Reilly does.  If there's one, point me in that direction.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 10:39:07 am by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2011, 10:40:41 am »

I know you were.  I still think that.

I don't know of a liberal commentator today that tries to scream over or pull the mike on someone making an argument the way O'Reilly does.  If there's one, point me in that direction.

Actually, if you ever listen to Hannity, he speaks over liberal callers all the time.  Far worse than O'Really.

And if Maher is a comedian, his humor is lost on me.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2011, 10:42:25 am »

Actually, if you ever listen to Hannity, he speaks over liberal callers all the time.  Far worse than O'Really.

And if Maher is a comedian, his humor is lost on me.

Speaking over is bad.  I'm talking about the way O'Reilly amps up the volume if he feels like he's losing an argument.  That's sandlot crap right there.  But I guess it plays to his viewers.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2011, 10:46:45 am »

Speaking over is bad.  I'm talking about the way O'Reilly amps up the volume if he feels like he's losing an argument.  That's sandlot crap right there.  But I guess it plays to his viewers.

"You set him right Billy Billy Billy"

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2011, 12:18:36 pm »

They are all pricks trying to push their agenda however they can.
dbacks fan
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2011, 12:34:33 pm »

They are all pricks trying to push their agenda however they can.

+100
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2011, 12:43:17 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rxzE8x2pnK4[/youtube]

I love this!
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2011, 12:48:44 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyYlF3aonho&feature=related[/youtube]

Bill!
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2011, 07:20:37 pm »

I believe that Bill O'Reilly, Hannity, and Greta are more respectful of their liberal guests than Maher could have hoped to been with his conservative guests.  JMO.

Maher does not shout over guests. He does a fair job of keeping the rest of the panel from doing so also. He does make disrespectful remarks toward their ideas, but given that such a large fraction of the right's chattering class is content to tell out and out lies (which he often accepts, to my astonishment), I can't really blame him. His audience, on the other hand, are often a bunch of pricks who Maher has to shout down to get them to **** and let the righties speak.

As often as the lies go unchallenged, there seems to be a better chance that said lies will be allowed to be called out on Maher's show than just about any other of the shows involving lefties and righties yelling at each other. Say what you like about the politics of his guests, but most of the time they know their stuff. I just wish he'd stop letting P.J. O'Rourke on because literally every time I've seen him on the show he has said at least 5 things that are factually untrue that aren't told as a joke.

We're all entitled to our own opinions. We are not entitled to our own facts.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2011, 08:13:22 pm »

Maher does not shout over guests. He does a fair job of keeping the rest of the panel from doing so also.

It's been a while since I watched him but my memory is guests talking over other guests with Maher's implicit permission.  They may not have raised or lowered mic levels but the result is the same, you can't understand any of them.  Lies.... Two different experts can take the same data and get opposed truths.   Honest, he pushed his nose right into my fist.  And he did it hard enough to hurt my hand.  The right does not have a monopoly on stretching the truth.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #148 on: December 28, 2011, 09:14:55 pm »

It's been a while since I watched him but my memory is guests talking over other guests with Maher's implicit permission.  They may not have raised or lowered mic levels but the result is the same, you can't understand any of them.  Lies.... Two different experts can take the same data and get opposed truths.   Honest, he pushed his nose right into my fist.  And he did it hard enough to hurt my hand.  The right does not have a monopoly on stretching the truth.

No, but they do it a helluva lot better and more frequently.  My observation, of course, feel free to disagree (which I'm sure you will).  Or maybe it's simply because the right has so many barkers (Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly, etc) that the sheer volume makes it so.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #149 on: December 28, 2011, 10:40:31 pm »

No, but they do it a helluva lot better and more frequently.  My observation, of course, feel free to disagree (which I'm sure you will). 

Of course I disagree.  It was merely waiting to see which one of "you guys" spoke up first.  Congratulations! You won.  That and $5. will get you some kind of coffee at Starbucks.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org