A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:11:08 pm
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: God's Quarterback  (Read 55931 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2011, 09:33:43 am »

"The political commentator and columnist for USA Today finds nothing funny when it comes to lampooning Tebow"

Apparently Tebow is off limits.
Funny how Pat Robertson's rant saying the skit was hate-speech pretty much characterizes all Muslims as bomb-tossing terrorists.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2011, 09:34:50 am »

"Funny how Pat Robertson's rant saying the skit was hate-speech pretty much characterizes all Muslims as bomb-tossing terrorists.

He's a looney toons.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2011, 03:08:39 pm »

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201112/comedian-takes-heat-over-tim-tebow-tweet

Even in defeat, Tim Tebow creates controversy -- this time in Tinseltown.

HBO's Bill Maher created a firestorm over the Christmas weekend with a scathing reaction to Tebow's subpar performance in Buffalo. Shortly after Tebow threw four interceptions in the Broncos' lopsided defeat to the Bills, Maher turned to his Twitter page to poke fun at the very religious NFL star. (And a warning: Maher's tweet includes harsh language and divisive references.)

"Wow, Jesus just [screwed] #TimTebow bad! And on Xmas Eve! Somewhere ... Satan is tebowing, saying to Hitler "Hey, Buffalo’s killing them," Maher tweeted.

Maher, a proud atheist who supports legalizing pot, same-sex marriage and is a board member for PETA, upset a number of conservatives, according to Entertainment Weekly. Eric Bolling of Fox News responded to Maher by calling him "disgusting vile trash," among other things.

Tebow didn't bother responding to Maher, but plenty of his fans did. Some called for a mass cancellation of HBO subscriptions over the offensive tweet. "Real Time with Bill Maher," is scheduled to return to the premium cable channel on January 13, 2012.

Right...HBO is going to yank him...don't think so.

I thought one of the great Media moments this year was when Hank dissed the Prez and kaput he was. Very little if any support for Bocefus (sp?)
indicates change is coming to America.... Shocked
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2011, 12:37:13 am »

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201112/comedian-takes-heat-over-tim-tebow-tweet

Right...HBO is going to yank him...don't think so.

I thought one of the great Media moments this year was when Hank dissed the Prez and kaput he was. Very little if any support for Bocefus (sp?)
indicates change is coming to America.... Shocked

I hated HBO long before that jackass developed an unhealthy obsession over Teblow. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2011, 01:04:30 am »

I hated HBO long before that jackass developed an unhealthy obsession over Teblow. 

I love watching the conservatives heads asplode to Maher.  I'm kinda 'meh' about most of his stuff, but he says what he believes.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2011, 08:28:10 am »

I love watching the conservatives heads asplode to Maher.  I'm kinda 'meh' about most of his stuff, but he says what he believes.

He's the opposite side of Limbaugh and the rest of the radio cult leaders.

I went to Brady to see him.  We left early.  Too much of either side is just that...too much.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2011, 09:15:48 am »

If you had stayed to watch the rest of the show, you might have known that the largest part of his material wasn't even political.

You know you're an Okie when you think that Maher is the opposite side of the Limbaugh coin. One has consistently principled, if unpopular, opinions. The other changes his tune whenever it's expedient to achieve his political ends.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2011, 09:20:24 am »

If you had stayed to watch the rest of the show, you might have known that the largest part of his material wasn't even political.

You know you're an Okie when you think that Maher is the opposite side of the Limbaugh coin. One has consistently principled, if unpopular, opinions. The other changes his tune whenever it's expedient to achieve his political ends.

I lost intererest and the tickets had been free.  Never been much for sitting through a lecture, comedic or not.

I meant the audience and for entertainment value.  I didn't mean he was another leader of the crazed.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2011, 09:37:36 am »

I used to watch Maher years ago on his Politically Incorrect.  First on HBO (I, think), then on network (ABC, I think).  At first he was entertaining but obviously left leaning. Then he started getting really nasty.  3 liberal guests and one not so liberal.  Maher and the 3 lefties would gang up on the poor guest remaining and have a field day.  Shouting, simultaneous talking, not allowing the odd guy out to even respond.  That was when I stopped watching.

I believe that Bill O'Reilly, Hannity, and Greta are more respectful of their liberal guests than Maher could have hoped to been with his conservative guests.  JMO.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2011, 09:45:28 am »

I used to watch Maher years ago on his Politically Incorrect.  First on HBO (I, think), then on network (ABC, I think).  At first he was entertaining but obviously left leaning. Then he started getting really nasty.  3 liberal guests and one not so liberal.  Maher and the 3 lefties would gang up on the poor guest remaining and have a field day.  Shouting, simultaneous talking, not allowing the odd guy out to even respond.  That was when I stopped watching.

I believe that Bill O'Reilly, Hannity, and Greta are more respectful of their liberal guests than Maher could have hoped to been with his conservative guests.  JMO.

Really?  Greta, and maybe Hannity.  If Bill doesn't like what the liberal has to say, nine times out of ten you'll hear him tell his producer to 'cut his mike'.  And that's only if the liberal gets a word in edge-wise over the blowhard screaming at him or her.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2011, 09:53:15 am »

Really?  Greta, and maybe Hannity.  If Bill doesn't like what the liberal has to say, nine times out of ten you'll hear him tell his producer to 'cut his mike'.  And that's only if the liberal gets a word in edge-wise over the blowhard screaming at him or her.

Bill gets going but just as often I've heard the liberal guest just keep talking and talking louder.  I'm not buying your 9 out of 10.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2011, 09:58:47 am »

Bill gets going but just as often I've heard the liberal guest just keep talking and talking louder.  I'm not buying your 9 out of 10.

And I'm not buying your jazz.  We're even.

Cool

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2011, 10:09:35 am »

And I'm not buying your jazz.  We're even.

Cool

As long as you agree that Maher is a jerk.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2011, 10:11:09 am »

Just like any entertainer he's found his audience and he plays to them.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2011, 10:17:03 am »

He can be, yes.  But just like anyone else, he can also speak truth and be entertaining.

O'reilly?  He's just an out and out jerk.

"We'll do it LIVE!"

That's some funny stuff right there.  What a pompous wind-bag.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org