A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:37:48 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: God's Quarterback  (Read 55845 times)
dbacks fan
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2011, 04:37:04 pm »

I'm impressed! Tim Tebow to abortion and death penalty in less than 10 posts! Is that a new record for thread drift?  Grin
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2011, 04:37:11 pm »

That verse has been taken out of context many times before. It applies more to those who pray because they want attention, not because they are sincerely thanking God.

Televangelists et al.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2011, 04:38:02 pm »

The same thing applies - government getting into the medical business of birth control, between a woman and her doctor.

I understand that there may be cases that I would condone - the standard platitudes of rape, incest, danger to the mother - but those are such a tiny minority they don't really even count.  And seeing some of the parents and the way they treat a baby, it sometimes makes me wonder if the kid wouldn't be better off elsewhere.  But then I think, dead ain't "elsewhere".  They deserve a shot at this just like we all did.

But IF you are gonna insist on government getting into the act, then you better be prepared to step up and take care of that unwanted kid when the DNA donor shows what kind of garbage they really are.  And we aren't prepared to do that in this society.

The government is already neck deep in health care right now. Hello, Obamacare? And I do not view it as government interference. I view it as a crime like murder/manslaughter, which the government can certainly make illegal like any other crime. Also, I am sick of hearing/reading that jamming a medical instrument into a health baby's skull in order to collapse its head or other grotesque procedures that rip an otherwise healthy would be baby to pieces is a medical procedure. It's barbarism.

I am going to leave you with an image that has forever haunted me. When I was 24, I was working as an EMT in a small community hospital ER. I walked into the "dirty U (an non-sanitized utility room) and found what would have been a new born baby lying dead wrapped in a towel by a sink. This little person was a product of some teenage skank who "delivered" that child in her damned toilet . I was only freakin 24. I will not bother you with the personal tragedy I experienced 7 years ago.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2011, 04:42:17 pm »

I'm impressed! Tim Tebow to abortion and death penalty in less than 10 posts! Is that a new record for thread drift?  Grin
Not so much on the abortion/pro-life issue. Remember how wadded up the panties of the pro-abortion crowd got over this ad:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICSJBePaQSw[/youtube]

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2011, 05:05:11 pm »

Not so much on the abortion/pro-life issue. Remember how wadded up the panties of the pro-abortion crowd got over this ad:

You think there's a pro-abortion crowd?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2011, 05:11:44 pm »

You think there's a pro-abortion crowd?

Oh absolutely. If you support abortion rights, you are pro-abortion in my eyes. Period. What's the problem with calling it as it is? Or, would you prefer "pro-baby killing"?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2011, 05:13:29 pm »

Oh absolutely. If you support abortion rights, you are pro-abortion in my eyes. Period. What's the problem with calling it as it is? Or, would you prefer "pro-baby killing"?

There it is.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2011, 05:18:55 pm »

That verse has been taken out of context many times before. It applies more to those who pray because they want attention, not because they are sincerely thanking God.
It's a matter of interpretation, not taking it out of context (I have read more than just the one verse).  But it still comes down to making a show out of prayer.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2011, 06:24:20 pm »

Back O/T. Here is another example of Tebow Derangement Syndrome:

People are always looking for signs of God’s beneficence, and a victory by the Orange Crush over the blue-clad Patriots, from the bluest of blue states, will give fodder to a Christian revivalism that has already turned the Republican presidential race into a pander-thon to social conservatives, rekindling memories of those cultural icons of the ‘80s, the Moral Majority and “Hee Haw.”  The culture wars are alive and well, and, if the current climate in Washington is any indicator, the motors are being revved up for what will undoubtedly be the most cantankerous Presidential campaign ever.  When supposedly well-educated candidates publicly question overwhelming scientific evidence on climate change and evolution and then gain electoral traction by fabricating conspiracies about a war on Christmas, these are not rational times.

Into the middle of it all rides Tebow.  Absolutely confident that God is on his side, he comes across as a humbler version of the biblical Joseph, who, in this week’s Torah portion, audaciously lays claim to being the Chosen One, and then goes out and proves it.  Tebow’s sanctimonious God-talk has led even pious peers like Kurt Warner to suggest that he cool it. Joseph could have used the same coaching.

If Tebow wins the Super Bowl, against all odds, it will buoy his faithful, and emboldened faithful can do insane things, like burning mosques, bashing gays and indiscriminately banishing immigrants.  While America has become more inclusive since Jerry Falwell’s first political forays, a Tebow triumph could set those efforts back considerably.

This is what douchebaggery on steroids looks like (I mean, besides aox)

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2011, 06:56:47 pm »

No one is for more abortions. I have never heard a single pro-choice person (and I have volunteered and donated many times and dollars to the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Rights) ever say they want a world with more abortions.

If we are going to make up names, we might as well say one group is pro-choice and the other no-choice.

How do you reconcile having the government say what you can do with your body? You want government completely out of our lives except for women who are pregnant?

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2011, 07:31:04 pm »

No one is for more abortions. I have never heard a single pro-choice person (and I have volunteered and donated many times and dollars to the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Rights) ever say they want a world with more abortions.

If we are going to make up names, we might as well say one group is pro-choice and the other no-choice.

How do you reconcile having the government say what you can do with your body? You want government completely out of our lives except for women who are pregnant?

The government tells people what to do with their bodies all the time. It can order males over 18 to put their body in a uniform and go to war, it can order your body to be placed in an orange jumpsuit and go to jail, and it can order what medications you and I are allow to ingest. Heck, our fat lady wants the government to tell us what our kids can eat at school. And quit making this about a woman and pregnancy. Like I said earlier, abortion can be deemed unlawful just like physician-assisted suicide/euthanasia (which are another "procedure" between a patient and their doctor) or a doctor prescribing narcotics to a known addict just to make a few extra bucks (which is another "procedure" between a patient and their doctor).

And again, if you support abortion rights, you are pro-abortion. You are "pro" the idea that a woman can voluntarily order the execution of an unborn baby. Arguing that no one wants "more abortions" to avoid your much deserved label is just another:

Now, if you want to call me no choice? Fine. Just know that I do support a "pro-life" choice. And my choice doesn't leave a baby butchered.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2011, 08:03:40 pm »

Making abortion illegal will not stop abortions.  It may result in two deaths rather than one.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2011, 08:13:38 pm »

Abortion is killing a child. There are a few cases in which I would condone it, but they're pretty much like heiro's so I won't list them here.

A woman choosing to abort is not making a decision about her body, she is making the decision to kill a small child. It's illegal to kill a child, so why should it be legal to kill one just because they're not born yet?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2011, 08:49:07 pm »

And again, if you support abortion rights, you are pro-abortion.

No it doesn't. My wife and I never considered an abortion when she was pregnant with our children. We are not pro-abortion. That still allows me to believe the decision of others is their decision and should be made without government involvement.

Speaking of strawmen...what the hell are you trying to say about orange jumpsuits? (The government can arrest us and make us cheer for the OSU football team?) No they can't. I cannot be held without committing a crime. I also have the option of packing my child's lunch. 

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2011, 08:55:49 pm »

Making abortion illegal will not stop abortions.  It may result in two deaths rather than one.

You are assuming (wrongfully) that all abortions are done to save the life of the mother. But please, keep doing whatever convinces you that supporting abortion rights is a good thing. Lemme ask you something, from one father to another, which of your children would be better off aborted. Because that is a question a woman who has had one either before or one having other kids answers with "that one".

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org