A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 01:16:34 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 17 minutes 2,696 words  (Read 5848 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: April 05, 2010, 07:48:42 am »

The question was simple. . . Is it wise to raise taxes during the current economic downturn?

He is the master.  17 minutes of campaigning without ever addressing her question.  By the time he was done, no one even remembered the question that poor Doris asked. 

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/remarks-president-a-discussion-jobs-and-economy-charlotte-north-carolina

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 10:39:28 am »

The question was simple. . . Is it wise to raise taxes during the current economic downturn?

He is the master.  17 minutes of campaigning without ever addressing her question.  By the time he was done, no one even remembered the question that poor Doris asked. 

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/remarks-president-a-discussion-jobs-and-economy-charlotte-north-carolina

Only a violent, racist teabagger would post something like this.   Wink

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
waterboy
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 12:12:04 pm »

Yeah, those simple answers are the best for really complex problems. Yes, No or What? Ever seen that done on purpose boys?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 12:20:49 pm »

The reach-arounding has begun.

waterboy
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 12:28:45 pm »

The words describing..."you're right".
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 12:33:32 pm »

Yeah, those simple answers are the best for really complex problems. Yes, No or What? Ever seen that done on purpose boys?

I think you could give a very complex answer in 17 minutes.  But that's just me.

Of course, you are probably correct, we are not smart enough to understand the complex nature of economic stimulation through taxation. 

Today the administration slipped a little jewl into the FCC Broadband Plan 4.20: "The federal government should investigate establishing a national framework for digital goods and services taxation."

The reasoning for the new internet tax proposal is:
Recognizing that state and local governments pursue varying approaches to raising tax revenues, a national framework for digital goods and services taxation would reduce uncertainty and remove one barrier to online entrepreneurship and investment.

So. . .they are attempting to say that taxation would increase online entrepreneurship and investment.

You buyin it?

We are a simple bunch, perhaps we just don't understand such things.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 12:48:06 pm »

I'm embarrassed to admit this but I spent about 30 minutes watching the FCC hearings on CSpan last week during lunch (I'm glad I was done by the time Rep Waxman started speaking).  What got under my skin was the idea that broadband is a right for all Americans.

I'm sorry, but if you want broad-band and live in far NE New Mexico, prepare to pay for it or move out of the sticks if it's important to you.  Don't expect me to subsidize it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 12:57:34 pm »

I'm embarrassed to admit this but I spent about 30 minutes watching the FCC hearings on CSpan last week during lunch (I'm glad I was done by the time Rep Waxman started speaking).  What got under my skin was the idea that broadband is a right for all Americans.

I'm sorry, but if you want broad-band and live in far NE New Mexico, prepare to pay for it or move out of the sticks if it's important to you.  Don't expect me to subsidize it.

There are all kinds of new rights now Conan.

Life, Liberty, The Pursuit of Happiness, Education, Healthcare, Shelter, Jobs, Food, Clothing, Daycare, Dental Care, Transportation, Internets, and the love of those who foot the bill.

All you need to do is cease producing, and you may continue to consume.

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 01:02:15 pm »

Do you feel the same way about electricity?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 01:02:54 pm »

When will the racism end?  Cheesy

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 01:10:20 pm »

Do you feel the same way about electricity?

If someone wants to live in a remote area by choice, they can suffer with the inconveniences of it or move back closer to civilization, AFAIC.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 01:12:39 pm »

Oh, I forgot. . .electricity, gas, cable, water, and dairy products.   Undecided

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 01:14:12 pm »

There are all kinds of new rights now Conan.

Life, Liberty, The Pursuit of Happiness, Education, Healthcare, Shelter, Jobs, Food, Clothing, Daycare, Dental Care, Transportation, Internets, and the love of those who foot the bill.

All you need to do is cease producing, and you may continue to consume.

That "promote the general welfare" thing is pretty hard on you, isn't it?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 01:22:37 pm »

Promote is not quite the same as provide.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 01:23:57 pm »

That "promote the general welfare" thing is pretty hard on you, isn't it?

No!  I'm celebrating.  Our rights are expanding.  It's new to me, but I'm sure I can learn to "vote for a living." 

No longer is it simply the government's responsibility to provide laws that are in keeping with the principles of the self governed.  They now determine what "is" and "is not" a right. . .Glory and providence from our government.  Joy!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org