A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 04:45:53 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Cup Football 2010  (Read 15295 times)
HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« on: June 11, 2010, 04:54:57 pm »

So do we have any "football" fans?  And no, I don't mean the American game. 

Who saw the two matches today?  It's interesting that both games ended with a tie.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 05:24:33 pm »

So do we have any "football" fans?  And no, I don't mean the American game.  

Who saw the two matches today?  It's interesting that both games ended with a tie.

I played soccer in HS...I can't understand how anyone could watch a sport that ends with a tie.  Kinda like kissing your sister.  I'm glad the NHL went to the overtime/shootout system.  I could hardly watch it prior to that.

But no, didn't watch it today.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 06:49:36 pm »

I like soccer and enjoy following the World Cup. 

I've got the France/Uruguay game right on now. 

Be sure and catch the US/England game tomorrow at 12:30 on channel 8. 

Trust but verify
HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 10:58:21 pm »

I like soccer and enjoy following the World Cup. 

I've got the France/Uruguay game right on now. 

Be sure and catch the US/England game tomorrow at 12:30 on channel 8. 

I thought Uruguay played very well and kept France on their toes.  Too bad about that red card though, leaving Uruguay with 10 men on the field, but it didn't seem to hurt in the end.  They both ended with 0-0.

I plan on watching US-England game tomorrow.  Any thoughts on the US team? 

bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 10:51:32 am »

I can't watch it either.  It makes baseball look incredibly exciting by comparison.  And those stupid bee horns only make it that much worse.  Give me a gridiron football game or a college basketball game any day.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 12:14:57 pm »

I can't watch it either.  It makes baseball look incredibly exciting by comparison.  And those stupid bee horns only make it that much worse.  Give me a gridiron football game or a college basketball game any day.

Gimme hockey over all of 'em.  They may not score all the time like basketball or football, but fights won't get you ejected (unless you have three in a game or you are out to hurt someone) and you can knock someone into the middle of next week with a check.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 01:48:30 pm »

Hitler videos re: England v. U.S. and the horns:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJvcHtQv_3s[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Ln_rqPpPk[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 02:21:24 pm »

Okay the Hitler video was growing mold but that's about the funniest use of it I've seen.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
JeffM
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 09:54:54 am »

Tired of watching USA conceding early goals.... great effort in the second half.... ref robbed us of the winner.

btw, Why do fans of other sports insist on the superiority of their sport over soccer?

I don't go to a thread on the US Open telling people I don't like golf.
I went to the Drillers game last night for dollar beers..... I had fun, but it was more of a social event than anything else....

GO USA!

Bring back the Tulsa Roughnecks!.... JeffM is now TulsaRufnex....  http://www.tulsaroughnecks.com
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 10:05:55 am »

Tired of watching USA conceding early goals.... great effort in the second half.... ref robbed us of the winner.

btw, Why do fans of other sports insist on the superiority of their sport over soccer?

I don't go to a thread on the US Open telling people I don't like golf.
I went to the Drillers game last night for dollar beers..... I had fun, but it was more of a social event than anything else....

GO USA!

Because fans of other sports have something called 'opinions'?

I'm not bashing the fans, or even the sport.  Just stating I don't like it and like other sports.  It really amazes me how some people get so sensitive about sport bashing.

JeffM
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 10:11:42 am »

What other sports have you bashed?   Roll Eyes
This thread is about World Cup Football 2010.
GO USA!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 10:13:16 am by JeffM » Logged

Bring back the Tulsa Roughnecks!.... JeffM is now TulsaRufnex....  http://www.tulsaroughnecks.com
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 10:12:51 am »

What other sports have you bashed?

Curling and synchronized swimming

USA came back and tied btw
JeffM
Civic Leader

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 10:15:02 am »

Should have been 3-2..... very bad call.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 12:03:03 pm »

What other sports have you bashed?   Roll Eyes
This thread is about World Cup Football 2010.
GO USA!

I don't bash on sports Jeffee...I just say that I dont' care for them...

Here's my current list:

Basketball
Baseball
Soccer
Rugby
NFL Football
Most College football.

Now, I could spit out the reasons why I don't like them, but then you would call it bashing.  It's my opinion.  I realize other people like other sports, and that's just fine with me.  Just don't try to get me interested in them by jamming them down my throat (not saying anybody does that, but I have had people attempt it on me).

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 12:03:40 pm »

Curling and synchronized swimming

USA came back and tied btw

I hate synchronized swimming.

Curling, while I find it fascinating, is just shuffleboard on ice.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org