A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 07:11:39 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: School Lunches  (Read 41832 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 12:40:08 pm »

You are a nonsensical pig. Post a picture of yourself so we can criticize you. If not, shut up.

Here is a picture of her dunking a basketball. She looks fine to me.

http://twitpic.com/dsy47x
I'm not a pretty sight on a picture-- but then I don't go around telling other people what to eat either. Michelle needs to stop being the nations food police patrol. It's fine for her to tell others what to eat but she does not follow her own guidelines. "Do as I say & not as I do" is her moto. Obama still smokes too.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 12:58:49 pm »

I'm not a pretty sight on a picture-- but then I don't go around telling other people what to eat either. Michelle needs to stop being the nations food police patrol. It's fine for her to tell others what to eat but she does not follow her own guidelines. "Do as I say & not as I do" is her moto. Obama still smokes too.

She isn't telling you what to eat.  Or me.  Or anyone I know, or anyone on this forum.  Or anyone in the public schools.  She can and does make recommendations, much like the rest of us based on her opinions and beliefs.  Big difference.

As for following her own guidelines - you have no idea what she eats - beyond a handful of pictures of her at dinner.  You really ought to step away from Fox just every once in a while.  It would give you a much needed improvement in mental function.  Don't even need to watch PBS or listen to NPR - just quit listening to Fox and you will gain about 83 IQ points!  And much more if you did listen to those others!   And here is the perfect object lesson for you about all this - I am not "telling" you what to do - I am recommending a course of action that would be of tremendous benefit to you!  And in much the same way, you won't eat the way she recommends, you also won't partake of news and culture in the way I recommend....so, will remain as you are.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 01:45:47 pm »

She isn't telling you what to eat. 

Come on, it's her agenda.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/michelle-obamas-school-lunch-agenda-faces-backlash-from-some-school-nutrition-officials/2014/05/29/6a8e4af6-e744-11e3-afc6-a1dd9407abcf_story.html

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 02:38:57 pm »

Might just as well change your nickname to 'guidods911'.  Probably more accurate.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 03:55:55 pm »

Might just as well change your nickname to 'guidods911'.  Probably more accurate.

Might as well. Because that's so darned funny.  Roll Eyes

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2014, 09:13:02 am »

Exactly- I believe she also was presuring  fast food joints like McDonalds to change there menus because it's not healthy, she was a force in pushing for different oils at fast food joints  to fry the French Fries in. That is not the job of the first lady anyhow. No one elected her to be the food police, she just put herself into that role. It would also be better if she practiced what she preached, but it's ok for her to gobble down burgers & fries but don't anyone elsedare  do it- We little people  need to eat our broccoli &  greens. Get off our backs Michelle this is still a free country. The schools have been throwing away alot of food because the kids won't eat what Michelle wants them to eat.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:30:01 am by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2014, 09:24:41 am »

Might as well. Because that's so darned funny.  Roll Eyes

Wasn't meant as humor, counselor.  It was a statement of fact.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2014, 01:58:38 pm »

That is not the job of the first lady anyhow.

Please explain what the job of the first lady is.

I wonder what you would have said about Nancy Reagan and her pet cause, "Just say No to drugs"

Her husband decided to spend tax dollars on her pet cause and the result was an extra $1.7 billion being spent on her cause. The results were stunning. Arrests for drug use went up 126% in the two year afterward and sentences for rock cocaine became 100 times as long as those for powder cocaine (no racism there).

Of course, drug use completely went away thanks to the First Lady (sarcasm).

So maybe the problem is that Michelle Obama just hasn't got her husband to spend a billion or so dollars. Maybe she just hasn't found a way to make her cause get millions of people imprisoned.

Michelle Obama is just speaking about healthy eating. It doesn't change your life.

Eat a french fry and shut the hell up.

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2014, 03:26:20 pm »

Please explain what the job of the first lady is.

I wonder what you would have said about Nancy Reagan and her pet cause, "Just say No to drugs"

Her husband decided to spend tax dollars on her pet cause and the result was an extra $1.7 billion being spent on her cause. The results were stunning. Arrests for drug use went up 126% in the two year afterward and sentences for rock cocaine became 100 times as long as those for powder cocaine (no racism there).

Of course, drug use completely went away thanks to the First Lady (sarcasm).

So maybe the problem is that Michelle Obama just hasn't got her husband to spend a billion or so dollars. Maybe she just hasn't found a way to make her cause get millions of people imprisoned.

Michelle Obama is just speaking about healthy eating. It doesn't change your life.

Eat a french fry and shut the hell up.

Well well. Look who can't heed his own advice. Who wrote this?

The last comment about British food was meant to be funny. Of course, you have no clue and just go ahead and post to attack everybody who disagrees with you.

Really, guido911. You sure seem dense sometimes. I think your want to be mean to me, Hoss, and others shows a real bad side of you.

And are you seriously comparing the war on drugs to school lunch/nutrition restrictions? Really? And I suppose obese kids will vanish as a result of Moochelle's pet project, and this batter over the "dreaded pink cookie in Ohio":

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/386079/forget-pink-cookie-interdiction-washington-jim-geraghty

If the drug war was such a failure, why is the OBAMA administration saying this about it (on top, of course, of spending millions on it even today):

"Drug use in America is half of what it was 30 years ago, cocaine production in Colombia has dropped by almost two-thirds, and we’re successfully diverting thousands of nonviolent offenders into treatment instead of jail by supporting alternatives to incarceration," said Rafael Lemaitre, communications director of the White House drug policy office.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/06/white-house-urged-by-world-leaders-to-end-the-war-on-drugs.html

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2014, 02:15:33 pm »

No guido911. I don't suspect that childhood obesity will go away because the first lady has made it a cause that she works on.

But would you not agree that it is a problem that someone needs to address? Being first lady gives you a platform.

I became involved in the environmental movement that was in part started by Lady Bird Johnson and her highway beautification and anti-litter work. Betty Ford pushed hard for treatment facilities to battle alcoholism. Hillary Clinton made historic preservation a mission after failing to make changes to the health care system. Barbara Bush and Laura Bush made literacy a cause.

Do we still have litter, alcoholism, tear down history and have children who can't read? Unfortunately, yes.

Do you have any problems with any of these causes? Or are just opposed to helping overweight people or just that a black woman wants to make a difference?

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2014, 07:07:18 pm »

Yeah...it's an agenda.  Just like everyone has.  That's not the same as telling you what you have to eat.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2014, 07:15:06 pm »

And are you seriously comparing the war on drugs to school lunch/nutrition restrictions? Really? And I suppose obese kids will vanish as a result of Moochelle's pet project, and this batter over the "dreaded pink cookie in Ohio":

You and sauer seem to be trying to do just that - elevate a little jaw-boning about eating a salad to being somehow being worse than setting up another one of those RWRE situations we all love so much in this country.  Her and Raygun's continuation of the "war on drugs" costs us tens of billions a year in wasted effort just to perform the interdiction part of the plan.  That doesn't the costs of confinement for extended prison terms for trivial offenses (pot possession).

But yeah...it's a travesty what she is doing to the country and our kids health....

I think maybe you have been eating way too many Reuben's lately....the pickled veggies are starting to affect your mind....

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2014, 07:15:31 pm »

No guido911. I don't suspect that childhood obesity will go away because the first lady has made it a cause that she works on.

But would you not agree that it is a problem that someone needs to address? Being first lady gives you a platform.

I became involved in the environmental movement that was in part started by Lady Bird Johnson and her highway beautification and anti-litter work. Betty Ford pushed hard for treatment facilities to battle alcoholism. Hillary Clinton made historic preservation a mission after failing to make changes to the health care system. Barbara Bush and Laura Bush made literacy a cause.

Do we still have litter, alcoholism, tear down history and have children who can't read? Unfortunately, yes.

Do you have any problems with any of these causes? Or are just opposed to helping overweight people or just that a black woman wants to make a difference?

The image of a facepalm that straw man post would require has yet to be created.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2014, 07:16:23 pm »

You and sauer seem to be trying to do just that - elevate a little jaw-boning about eating a salad to being somehow being worse than setting up another one of those RWRE situations we all love so much in this country.  Her and Raygun's continuation of the "war on drugs" costs us tens of billions a year in wasted effort just to perform the interdiction part of the plan.  That doesn't the costs of confinement for extended prison terms for trivial offenses (pot possession).

But yeah...it's a travesty what she is doing to the country and our kids health....

I think maybe you have been eating way too many Reuben's lately....the pickled veggies are starting to affect your mind....

It ain't me. These kids are not eating it. They apparently would rather do without, or just throw it away. Who wins?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2014, 07:21:57 pm »

It ain't me. These kids are not eating it. They apparently would rather do without, or just throw it away. Who wins?

Let them do without....they get hungry enough, they can catch the next meal....

Biggest problem, as with all things school related is getting parental 'buy in'.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org