A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:58:16 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayor Taylor won't run  (Read 31986 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: June 04, 2009, 02:23:00 pm »

KTUL says she won't run for re-election.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 02:26:41 pm »

I'm disappointed.  She's been incredibly effective as mayor.  I don't agree with everything she's done as mayor, but I do believe in many ways Tulsa is a much better city due to her influence.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 02:27:44 pm »

I agree. I have worked for forty Mayors in twelve towns...she was the best of all of them.

jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 02:28:50 pm »

I'm disappointed.  She's been incredibly effective as mayor.  I don't agree with everything she's done as mayor, but I do believe in many ways Tulsa is a much better city due to her influence.

+1 

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 02:30:35 pm »

Yeah, but what do I know?  According to FOTD and a few others, I hate women and am threatened by powerful women.  Wink

I was an adamant opponent to her last campaign yet I gladly would have supported her this time around.  I think she could have garnered 65% of the vote.

What's the line now on Martinson running?  I'll vote for whomever is running against him if he does run.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 02:31:53 pm »

The opponents have sure been tough on her. Bastards.

The hardest thing about public service is the public

Gold
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 02:32:31 pm »

I'm kind of bummed about this, but can't blame her.  A lot of people seem to have it out for her, but a lot of people don't know jack taco.  She doesn't have a perfect record, but she's done well as far as I'm concerned.

The silver lining is that hopefully someone comes along who doesn't polarize people or invite controversy and that can truly bring people together.  The thing is, I'm pretty sure the people kicking up dirt at KT would be doing it no matter who the mayor is.  Tulsa seems to have this group of haters that don't want progress and seem to prefer to be pessimistic.

The candidates listed in the World article mostly scare the crap out of me.  I don't think we'll find anyone better for this job right now.

Any chance people can get her to reconsider?

jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 02:33:06 pm »

Without an enemy for any councilor alliance to rail against, there is plenty of opportunity for a wild card here.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 02:47:20 pm »

With everything I've read I can't blame her for not running again.

I'm thick skinned but damn.
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 02:52:17 pm »

Does it seem a little odd that she would have had so many fundraisers, her kickoff, etc...., only to decide not to run?  I hear she has already raised a lot of money, and I would think she has a very good chance of winning.

My guess--she's running for Sullivan's seat.

kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 03:10:28 pm »

With everything I've read I can't blame her for not running again.

I'm thick skinned but damn.

I totally agree. I also think she's done a great job, but geez....the hatred spewing from the TW commenters is really kind of disturbing honestly.
Gold
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 03:15:39 pm »

I generally ignore the TW commenters unless there is some special reason to check it out.

The latest update makes it sound like she is really done with political office; something about being a business person and not a mayor.  That's sort of odd to me.  I think she did a fine job and I voted for the other guy last time around.
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 03:21:34 pm »

Yeah, but what do I know?  According to FOTD and a few others, I hate women and am threatened by powerful women.  Wink

I was an adamant opponent to her last campaign yet I gladly would have supported her this time around.  I think she could have garnered 65% of the vote.

What's the line now on Martinson running?  I'll vote for whomever is running against him if he does run.

So I can count on your vote?? What are the chances that a 27yr old with a college degree and operations management experience can beat a Tulsa City Councilor who doesn't know his donkey from his head??   

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
Wilbur
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 03:34:13 pm »

The people who lined up against the Mayor was because of how she handled 'business.'  It didn't come down to right and wrong, it became a personal crusade of having to win.  Her 'team' approach was a joke because you didn't dare go against the team.  The team had no input, unless your input was agreeing with her.

While I think she has done some good for the city, and I could list a few items, as a combination citizen/employee, I'm glad to see her go.  I think us citizens will be dealing with some of the problems she created and left behind for some time.

I'm wondering if some of the upcoming council voting that won't go her way played a part.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 03:44:07 pm »

Does it seem a little odd that she would have had so many fundraisers, her kickoff, etc...., only to decide not to run?  I hear she has already raised a lot of money, and I would think she has a very good chance of winning.

My guess--she's running for Sullivan's seat.

Perhaps she's seeking higher office? 
I think she leaves on a high note.  She has been very good for Tulsa.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org