A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:46:11 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Verzion Jobs Coming To Tulsa  (Read 15794 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2013, 06:26:03 pm »

500 high paying jobs are announced and all you guys can do is grumble at each other about it?

This is really good news for Tulsa.  Thanks for mucking this up and making Tulsa Now look like it's populated by complete idiots and ingrates.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2013, 08:42:12 pm »

500 high paying jobs are announced and all you guys can do is grumble at each other about it?

This is really good news for Tulsa.  Thanks for mucking this up and making Tulsa Now look like it's populated by complete idiots and ingrates.

True.  Might as well just send 'em packing.

Times up Verizon.  We don't approve.  Tulsa Now Forum has spoken.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:19:21 pm by Townsend » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2013, 09:37:13 pm »

True.  Might as well just send 'em packing.

Times up Verizon.  We don't approve.  Tulsa Now Forum has spoken.

Okay, okay beer spewing chuckle.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2013, 09:41:53 pm »

Just curious, what is "high paying" jobs salary? Are these $10.00/hr call center jobs, or are they mid-level/management scale positions?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:43:46 pm by dbacks fan » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2013, 09:45:29 pm »

Okay, okay beer spewing chuckle.

No wasting beer allowed. 

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2013, 10:37:07 pm »

You earned it:

With that said, anything from Verizon refuting her statement? Do you have any evidence that Verizon would have showed up if a dem leg/gov were in charge?

I give the credit to President Barack Obama, Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin, Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett, Owasso City Manager Rodney Ray, and Chamber Head Mike Neal.

They all either spoke at the announcement or were quoted in the paper. Verizon didn't say they didn't so that makes it so.

Power is nothing till you use it.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2013, 11:33:14 pm »

Just curious, what is "high paying" jobs salary? Are these $10.00/hr call center jobs, or are they mid-level/management scale positions?

Have you read the article? It clearly states that...good place for "news" rather than intereweb forum facts"...

So anyone else think this is good other than Conan and I?
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2013, 01:06:47 am »

I'm a pro business Chamber of Commerce Republican.

But I have a history with sauerkraut that goes way back to other forums other than Tulsa Now.

He is the most ignorant, stupid, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck parroting idiot I have ever encountered.   

So anything he has to say I would discount as something a blethering idiot would be saying.   

I am sure that some people like Chelsea Levo and Mike Neal and his staff had some heavy influence in the decision making process that Verizon made.    The politicians such as Rodney Ray , Governor Fallin and Tulsa Mayor Bartlett get the glory with the photo oops.   

I do know something about the process for making something like this happen.   Not the photo oops that idiots like sauerkraut look at.

Oh, fyi, Chelsea Levo is the economic development manager for Owasso, and most of you know Mike Neal is the Tulsa Chamber President.   They are the people that make announcements like this happen. 

Trust but verify
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2013, 08:47:01 am »

I'm a pro business Chamber of Commerce Republican.

But I have a history with sauerkraut that goes way back to other forums other than Tulsa Now.

He is the most ignorant, stupid, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck parroting idiot I have ever encountered.   

So anything he has to say I would discount as something a blethering idiot would be saying.   

I am sure that some people like Chelsea Levo and Mike Neal and his staff had some heavy influence in the decision making process that Verizon made.    The politicians such as Rodney Ray , Governor Fallin and Tulsa Mayor Bartlett get the glory with the photo oops.   

I do know something about the process for making something like this happen.   Not the photo oops that idiots like sauerkraut look at.

Oh, fyi, Chelsea Levo is the economic development manager for Owasso, and most of you know Mike Neal is the Tulsa Chamber President.   They are the people that make announcements like this happen. 

That's going to leave a mark...

But yes, typically from my understanding (which admittedly is limited) is that the smaller players do the largest part of the work to get these companies here and they don't get the recognition simply because they are lower on the state or city totem pole, so they don't get to make the soundbite.  Sad really, but most of these people also don't hold a grudge about it.

After all, as Conan said, 500 jobs for the Tulsa area is always a good thing, especially with AA's shaky status.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2013, 11:27:39 am »

This is super news for Tulsa, the 500 new jobs will also make spin-off jobs. Anyone who really wants to work can find a job in Oklahoma... On the flip side,  If anyone heard in Michigan Chrysler/Jeep is closing up shop and moving to China.. Looks like Michigan is losing more jobs to China and elsewhere. Oklahoma is making jobs while other states are bleeding away jobs.... Oklahoma has some of the nations lowest unemployment rates, along with the Dakotas, and  Nebraska. The natural resource industry in Oklahoma is booming  with our oil and natural gas...Mary Fallin is pushing for more natural gas development. Things are really looking up for Oklahoma & Tulsa!

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2013, 11:41:13 am »

This is super news for Tulsa, the 500 new jobs will also make spin-off jobs. Anyone who really wants to work can find a job in Oklahoma... On the flip side,  If anyone heard in Michigan Chrysler/Jeep is closing up shop and moving to China.. Looks like Michigan is losing more jobs to China and elsewhere. Oklahoma is making jobs while other states are bleeding away jobs.... Oklahoma has some of the nations lowest unemployment rates, along with the Dakotas, and  Nebraska. The natural resource industry in Oklahoma is booming  with our oil and natural gas...Mary Fallin is pushing for more natural gas development. Things are really looking up for Oklahoma & Tulsa!

Do you ever read news from anywhere other than Drudge, Fox or the like.

Chrysler is NOT moving to China.  That's OLD news.  Wow.  You NEVER cease to amaze me.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2013, 01:46:57 pm »

The state of Oklahoma and the city of Tulsa have some the lowest unemployment rates in the nation.. That is what a pro-growth governor and a  pro- business governor can do..

But other states also have some low unemployment rates. Hawaii has the same rate currently as Oklahoma has, and their Governor Neil Abercrombie is the polar opposite of Mary Fallin. He is a strong supporter of mandatory national healthcare, as a congressman sponsored bills on making it easier to register to vote, and has one of the highest liberal ratings from the ACLU.

Your love for Mary Fallin has gone sour on us, sauerkraut. She gets some credit for good things, but not all of it. Decisions like Verizon made include many factors and many players. It is a team game.

Field goal kickers really don't win games. They only play a few plays per game. You must think they snap the ball to themselves, block the other team, hold the ball on the ground, and kick it through the uprights all by themselves. They have a job to do and doing it poorly can cause their team to lose, but a win happens because of a team all doing their job.

Verizon adding 500 good paying accounting and finance jobs is a win. Way to go team!

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2013, 02:16:48 pm »

Do you ever read news from anywhere other than Drudge, Fox or the like.

Chrysler is NOT moving to China.  That's OLD news.  Wow.  You NEVER cease to amaze me.

In an interview with NPR broadcast this morning, Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne defended the decision to move production of cars for foreign markets to those locales.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/chrysler-ceo-building-cars-in-china-makes-us-stronger-at-home-2013-1#ixzz2ISFGOjjb

http://www.businessinsider.com/chrysler-ceo-building-cars-in-china-makes-us-stronger-at-home-2013-1

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2013, 03:29:20 pm »

Why do the righties here want us to show our support for this announcement. Of course it's great news. But really, who gets the credit? Worldcom.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2013, 04:21:51 pm »

There's a difference between adding jobs in China and eliminating jobs in the US and moving them to China.

Also, just to be clear, I am happy about this announcement, but I still would like to know what, if anything, we're paying them to get these jobs.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org