A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:35:51 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Verzion Jobs Coming To Tulsa  (Read 15804 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« on: January 18, 2013, 12:29:03 pm »

I just heard on KRMG radio that Verzion is bringing 500 more jobs to Tulsa, and it seems Mary Fallin played a big part in getting the jobs to Tulsa, they are not low paying jobs but good solid jobs at good pay. Mary Fallin is doing a great job on bringing jobs to Oklahoma and new jobs here in Tulsa! This is very good news for all of us!! Smiley

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 12:31:59 pm »

I just heard on KRMG radio that Verzion is bringing 500 more jobs to Tulsa, and it seems Mary Fallin played a big part in getting the jobs to Tulsa, they are not low paying jobs but good solid jobs at good pay. Mary Fallin is doing a great job on bringing jobs to Oklahoma and new jobs here in Tulsa! This is very good news for all of us!! Smiley

If you mean she made her way to Tulsa to take part in the announcement, then yes, she did tons.

On another note, it is great to see such a positive in Tulsa.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 12:36:24 pm »

Without Mary Fallin those jobs would of gone elsewhere.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 12:45:02 pm »

How so?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 12:51:42 pm »

Even her press release doesn't say she did a thing but join them for the announcement.

https://www.ok.gov/triton/modules/newsroom/newsroom_article.php?id=223&article_id=10607

Press Release

Friday, January 18, 2013

Governor Fallin, Verizon Officials Announce Company Bringing 500 New Jobs to Tulsa Facility

OKLAHOMA CITY – Governor Mary Fallin joined with officials from Verizon in Tulsa today to announce that the company is adding up to 500 new jobs at its North Lakewood facility in Tulsa.  The jobs will be finance and accounting positions.  The company currently employs more than 900 at the Tulsa facility.

“Today’s announcement is great news for Tulsa and northeastern Oklahoma. These positions represent the kind of high-quality, good paying jobs we are working to bring to the state,” Fallin said.  “We appreciate Verizon’s investment in Oklahoma and are excited about the 500 new jobs coming to Tulsa.  Today’s announcement is another great example that our pro-growth, pro-business policies are working and are making Oklahoma an even better place to do business.”

Verizon serves local, long distance, wireless and data customers in Oklahoma and has 50 retail stores and authorized agents throughout the state.  The company has nearly 1,200 employees statewide and has an annual payroll of approximately $85.3 million in Oklahoma.

Verizon officials said the decision to create a financial services hub by adding up to 500 new positions in Tulsa comes after an extensive review of numerous locations across the nation.  Many factors were considered as part of the company’s search, including the quality and availability of financial services talent, quality of life considerations, the cost of living and more.  At the end of the evaluation process, Tulsa emerged as an ideal location.

“Verizon has a long-standing relationship with the city of Tulsa and the state of Oklahoma. With a significant presence in Tulsa, we know from first-hand experience that Oklahoma has a business-friendly environment that encourages investment,’’ said Michelle Robinson, Verizon vice president of state government affairs. “Selecting Tulsa as a new financial services hub for Verizon allows us to take advantage of the financial services talent throughout Oklahoma. We look forward to extending our commitment to the Tulsa metropolitan area and the great of state of Oklahoma for future growth.”
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 01:04:36 pm »

Even her press release doesn't say she did a thing but join them for the announcement.

Actually, it does:   "Today’s announcement is another great example that our pro-growth, pro-business policies are working and are making Oklahoma an even better place to do business.”

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 01:08:02 pm »

Actually, it does:   "Today’s announcement is another great example that our pro-growth, pro-business policies are working and are making Oklahoma an even better place to do business.”

You think she designed a pro-growth, pro-business policy in order to gain Verizon's financial services business?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 01:15:51 pm »

You think she designed a pro-growth, pro-business policy in order to gain Verizon's financial services business?

You earned it:

With that said, anything from Verizon refuting her statement? Do you have any evidence that Verizon would have showed up if a dem leg/gov were in charge? If not, you have nothing to stand on.  

If nothing else, there is the ol' reliable "ObamaFallin gets credit because it happened on her watch."

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 01:22:09 pm »

If nothing else, there is the ol' reliable "ObamaFallin gets credit because it happened on her watch."

That's what you'll have to rely on.

I looked all over for the "Thanks to Oklahoma's Governor, Mary Fallin, without whom we'd've set up shop elsewhere..."

Didn't find it.

Fallin forgets about Tulsa until someone drives her back up here for photo opportunities.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 01:32:11 pm »

Crazy, the articles I can find don't say anything about the Governor, the Mayor, or the Chamber talking Verizon into this development.  They just mention that it's an add-on to Verizon's facility already in existence.

I'm guessing this happened in spite of the Governor and Mayor and most likely Tulsa owes it's thanks to the President.  (Rolling eyes emoticon wafting with a cupped hand placed here.)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 02:16:09 pm »

Crazy, the articles I can find don't say anything about the Governor, the Mayor, or the Chamber talking Verizon into this development.  They just mention that it's an add-on to Verizon's facility already in existence.

I'm guessing this happened in spite of the Governor and Mayor and most likely Tulsa owes it's thanks to the President.  (Rolling eyes emoticon wafting with a cupped hand placed here.)

Who knows, their audit, finance & accounting facility is in Irvine, CA.  Perhaps the 12.84% state and city tax they pay there is unattractive. 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 02:41:48 pm »

Well I guess Verizon just put a bunch of names of states into a hat, and Oklahoma got picked.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 02:43:07 pm »

Well I guess Verizon just put a bunch of names of states into a hat, and Oklahoma got picked.

Well then you go with that guess.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 02:47:36 pm »

No, I think Townsend may be right.  I think perhaps President Obama gets at least partial credit for this.  States like Oklahoma, Texas and others offer an excellent opportunity for companies facing higher taxes, and healthcare expenses to shift some of that liability.  They probably don't have to pay nearly as high salaries here as they do in many of their other facilities and the taxes are lower.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 02:59:45 pm »

They probably don't have to pay nearly as high salaries here as they do in many of their other facilities and the taxes are lower.

They know with our shorter life span, they won't have to deal with us on an individual basis as long.  Huzzah for our lack of affordable health care.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org