A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:38:08 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote Grizzle (or not)  (Read 5250 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: September 08, 2009, 07:25:30 am »

Remember to Vote today! They expect low turnout due to the holidays.

Due to sign thefts I held off on a lot of my signs until this weekend. I put out about 40 Saturday, 60 Sunday and 100 this morning. All and all, I think sign rules/enforcement in Tulsa is kinda ridiculous. Either they need to be well enforced, or given a grace period during campaign times. The current spotty enforcement (and vigilante sign thieves) do little more than create an advantage for well funded candidates. I enjoyed it on Sunday, when Lakin put out a new sign "Keep Unions Strong, Vote Bill Christiansen" only to have someone drive down the street and remove every single one of them.

For those that did Vote Grizzle, want to give me money, or generally have nothing better to do, there is a watch party tonight in a suite at the Renaissance Hotel. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you the room # when I get it.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 07:31:09 am »

Remember to Vote today! They expect low turnout due to the holidays.

Due to sign thefts I held off on a lot of my signs until this weekend. I put out about 40 Saturday, 60 Sunday and 100 this morning. All and all, I think sign rules/enforcement in Tulsa is kinda ridiculous. Either they need to be well enforced, or given a grace period during campaign times. The current spotty enforcement (and vigilante sign thieves) do little more than create an advantage for well funded candidates. I enjoyed it on Sunday, when Lakin put out a new sign "Keep Unions Strong, Vote Bill Christiansen" only to have someone drive down the street and remove every single one of them.

For those that did Vote Grizzle, want to give me money, or generally have nothing better to do, there is a watch party tonight in a suite at the Renaissance Hotel. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you the room # when I get it.

Good luck
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 09:29:33 am »

I wondered out to South Tulsa this weekend and saw some Vote Grizzle signs.

Also saw some "TULSA FIREFIGHTERS FOR CHRISTIANSEN" signs.  Which seems a lot like the Tulsa Firefighters campaigning for him, but I'm just a stupid citizen.  I resisted the urge to steel illegally placed Anna Falling signs.  Ok, I didn't so much resist the urge as not see any that were convenient to take.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 09:33:33 am »

I wondered out to South Tulsa this weekend and saw some Vote Grizzle signs.

Also saw some "TULSA FIREFIGHTERS FOR CHRISTIANSEN" signs.  Which seems a lot like the Tulsa Firefighters campaigning for him, but I'm just a stupid citizen.  I resisted the urge to steel illegally placed Anna Falling signs.  Ok, I didn't so much resist the urge as not see any that were convenient to take.

There were plenty this morning that I saw. She apparently was doing a late sign blitz too.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 10:57:29 am »

I enjoyed it on Sunday, when Lakin put out a new sign "Keep Unions Strong, Vote Bill Christiansen" only to have someone drive down the street and remove every single one of them.

Those signs are all over 111th St. between Sheridan and Memorial. I saw them this morning and had to do a double take.  Best of luck to you today Grizz.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 11:17:43 am »

I resisted the urge to steel illegally placed Anna Falling signs.  Ok, I didn't so much resist the urge as not see any that were convenient to take.

Would it be legal to remove illegally placed signs or are you just a rebel?  Smiley

Good luck Grizzle.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 11:47:32 am »

Those signs are all over 111th St. between Sheridan and Memorial. I saw them this morning and had to do a double take.  Best of luck to you today Grizz.

That's funny. I guess they didn't go that far south. I last saw the sign-nabbers at 101 & Memorial.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 11:52:28 am »

That's funny. I guess they didn't go that far south. I last saw the sign-nabbers at 101 & Memorial.

Probably thought both sides of 111th (between Memorial and Sheridan) were Bixby.  Common mistake.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 12:57:02 pm »

I voted for Frisco and Streetman, I've liked some of the stuff I've heard out of Norris, and I'm still holding out hope we will get a hippie on the council some day.  I figured they were two of the least-connected I could vote for.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 01:30:03 pm »

I voted for Frisco and Streetman, I've liked some of the stuff I've heard out of Norris, and I'm still holding out hope we will get a hippie on the council some day.  I figured they were two of the least-connected I could vote for.

Frisco is more sane than I thought but I still tend to score him low no "plays well with others" which could be an issue.

I will have to say that who I'm voting for mayor has changed since going to multiple functions with these folks. Medlock will have you believe that voting for anyone but him is a vote for Dewey but I don't like either of their chances against Adelson. the only strong issues, well spoken and professional candidate in the GOP was Nathaniel Booth. I liked streetman but I saw him placating the audience too much.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 01:57:46 pm »

The low turn-out, will it help or hinder you?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 10:30:44 pm »

The low turn-out, will it help or hinder you?

Yes.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org