A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 03:32:01 pm
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Dome Diner closing @ end of month  (Read 49831 times)
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2012, 11:55:38 am »

Judging by the "for lease" sign and the fact that the diner space looks basically the same as it did when occupied, I have a bad feeling this place is gonna sit vacant for some time.

Anybody have any real info?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2012, 05:28:42 pm »

Judging by the "for lease" sign and the fact that the diner space looks basically the same as it did when occupied, I have a bad feeling this place is gonna sit vacant for some time.

Anybody have any real info?

I talked to someone who is pretty tight with Sager and they've got "several prospects" they are speaking with.  I think the idea that a national tenant willing to do $800K in leasehold improvements was a pipe dream though.  It was also explained to me that BDD was delinquent on rent.

Personally I trust nothing which comes out of the Sager camp these days.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TulsaGuy
Activist

« Reply #122 on: September 07, 2012, 06:52:05 am »

What is the going rent for a restaurant in the Blue Dome district these days? 

Is Sager asking for something higher?  Unwilling to pay for improvements?  Just difficult to work with?  Or a combo of all three?

It seems like the way you treat people in life will eventually come back around to you.  Sager has to deal with the way he treats others, good or bad, but I wish the development of our downtown didn't suffer in the near term for it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #123 on: September 07, 2012, 11:25:02 am »

What is the going rent for a restaurant in the Blue Dome district these days? 

Is Sager asking for something higher?  Unwilling to pay for improvements?  Just difficult to work with?  Or a combo of all three?

It seems like the way you treat people in life will eventually come back around to you.  Sager has to deal with the way he treats others, good or bad, but I wish the development of our downtown didn't suffer in the near term for it.

He wanted BDD to make improvements and will likely want the same out of a new tenant.

A diner in the hand is worth two bistros in the bush, they say.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2012, 07:53:19 am »

He wanted BDD to make improvements and will likely want the same out of a new tenant.

A diner in the hand is worth two bistros in the bush, they say.

It says a lot when the TW's "go to guy" for all things downtown turns out to be the worst possible thing for downtown.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2013, 03:14:54 pm »

FB post by Blue Dome Diner:

Officially opening tomorrow morning! Let's do this!
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2013, 10:37:17 am »

Sager has got a new tenant...

Purportedly, they are willing to pay a shut ton more in rent and will be making $800,000 in tenant improvements to the property... $800K is a lot of cash for a build out in that existing structure. That sounds like a gut job with big backers. Makes me wonder if it's a chain.

Sager gave him 30 days notice, classy. Brian's a nice guy and the whole thing pisses me off but that's capitalism...

Just wish we'd go after Sager to get our cash back on the ghost lofts.

Walking by there the other day it doesn't look like anything at all has been done. It's just another empty space with crap piled inside.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2013, 10:57:47 am »

Walking by there the other day it doesn't look like anything at all has been done. It's just another empty space with crap piled inside.

Yea, that whole "I've got this great new tenant that wants to spend a donkeyload of money on my building" ended up being a Sager. The truth was that he wanted the Blue Dome Diner gone.
JCnOwasso
Civic Leader

« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2013, 11:04:08 am »

Yea, that whole "I've got this great new tenant that wants to spend a donkeyload of money on my building" ended up being a Sager. The truth was that he wanted the Blue Dome Diner gone.

I hope I never pull a "Sager". 

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2013, 01:16:50 pm »

Inside info says BDD was very delinquent on rent.  Why provide charity to a bad tenant when you might be missing out on a more financially able tenant?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2013, 01:25:29 pm »

Inside info says BDD was very delinquent on rent.  Why provide charity to a bad tenant when you might be missing out on a more financially able tenant?

Not surprised.  A diner surrounded by bars that did not stay open later than the bars was a real missed opportunity.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org