A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 02:43:04 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Macy's to Open Distribution Center - 1,500 jobs  (Read 83303 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2013, 12:57:09 pm »

They did have that obligation when I sold real estate for a Realtor broker. I couldn't say for commercial real estate people but if you had the information or were privy to it before the public, you could be held liable for not sharing that with a buyer or seller. For instance if the land nearby had recently been zoned for coal mining but the signs were not obvious, yes, you better inform them even if it had been in the newspaper. Prospective buyers (not offering a contract) I don't know. As a professional there was a reasonable expectation that we would not mislead, withhold or deceive buyers and sellers. Otherwise there is no real reason for the Real Estate licensing.

Thank you for the clarification.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2013, 12:59:14 pm »

They may have to widen the road as they build the new distribution center and WoW that new building will be huge and  state of the art. I worked at the Big Lots distribution center in Columbus, Ohio back in 1992 and I thought that place was huge but we only had 400 employees and it was not not large as this Macys center will be. What a boom for Tulsa and Oklahoma!

Sauer, could you comment on how strange it is that Macy's decided to come here in spite of the fact that Failin's tax cuts were found unconstitutional because of log rolling, so that the top 5% will not get their tax break? And how truly weird it is that after nearly 4 years removed from a national recession and unemployment at 7%, its lowest since 2008, ALL DURING THE LEADERSHIP OF A DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENT WHO YOU THINK IS USELESS? Weird. Wow, soon we'll all be eating horsemeat or something.....

onward...through the fog
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2013, 01:02:48 pm »

Nonetheless and regardless of who is responsible, I am excited as hell for Tulsa to get this chunk of jobs and business. I wish I owned rental property nearby.

onward...through the fog
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2013, 01:17:50 pm »

Is Krazy Kathy taking credit for this..... Huh Huh Huh

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2013, 06:09:23 pm »

I wish I owned rental property nearby.

Which brings us to the obvious question, who does own the lucky property?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2013, 06:35:53 pm »

Is Krazy Kathy taking credit for this..... Huh Huh Huh

Duh.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2013, 06:37:59 pm »

Probably but see BKDotCom's even better analogy.
My point was that realtors don't seem to be obligated to tell prospective buyers of even existing situations much less ones that are zoned but just not developed yet.

No one bothered telling me that Lifetime Fitness, the Spirit Bank Arena, and the whole mess of business down by me was coming seven years ago when I relocated..

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2013, 06:39:10 pm »

Well, it's a lot better than minimum wage.

$15.00 is minimum wage if you are wishful democrat.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2013, 07:41:13 pm »

I could support a $15.00/hr minimum wage if, and only if, the rest of you guys didn't get raises (to keep prices from rising too much) and if and only if my salary more than doubled (need to make up for income tax bracket creep).

Grin

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2013, 10:31:09 pm »

Or someone deciding on heat or food for the kid
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2013, 08:20:25 am »

Not sure how the neighbors can complain since they did build their house in proximity to the "Cherokee Industrial Park".

They don't have a problem with all of the gun fire, but a distribution center is just too much. 
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2013, 08:31:48 am »

Residents near there are complaining they weren’t told about it first.

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2013, 01:22:15 pm »

Do you really think if we had a democrat as a governor we would of got Macys distribution center in Oklahoma? Democrats hate business they want to tax them and regulate them out of business. When Brad Henry was governor we had 7% unemployment, Henry didn't do diddly for Oklahoma jobs fled Oklahoma for Texas a more business-friendly state. Mary Fallin changed all that and she's bringing in and attracting companies to Oklahoma, last year she brought 500 jobs to Tulsa. The $15.00 an hour  wage I mentioned was for the distribution center workers not as a mim. wage.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
JCnOwasso
Civic Leader

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2013, 01:22:37 pm »

Lived down the street when they were building whirlpool back in the day and if I remember correctly, there aren't many "neighbors" in that area.  If it is in the CIP than I don't think it would be on the north side of 76th Street, unless they rezoned the area.  So many some of the businesses are a little pissy about it?

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2013, 01:26:09 pm »

Like it or not, Mary Fallin gets all the credit here as I see it. It's her administration and her policy's that attracted Macys  to Oklahoma and beat out the other states fighting to get Macys. Great job governor! We need Mary Fallin to get another term as governor.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org