A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 11:50:55 am
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) One Place Tower  (Read 251791 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2011, 03:34:47 pm »

Glad to see the project moving forward.

As for the surface lots, I understand many of them are city owned and leased to the parking companies (American is the only one I can think of at the moment).

I'd appreciate a change in the lease structure where there's a minimum of care taken by the parking companies for beautification of each lot.  (trees, walls at entrances, leveling of each lot, etc).

Hell, I was walking across the lot across from the PAC and nearly kissed the asphalt when I tripped over a 3 inch broken rise in the middle of the lot.

They are bad people.  Tripping on something like that in flip flops can be detrimental to my pigs.
dbacks fan
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2011, 04:21:23 pm »

You're really on with the quotable movies thing this week...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN99jshaQbY[/youtube]

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2011, 06:31:59 pm »

We use tax policy to promote all sorts of behavior and actions.  Tax surface parking as though it were a multi-story parking garage.  Make it financially unattractive to put in sub-par asphalt...

*spittake*
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2011, 07:17:44 pm »

I'd appreciate a change in the lease structure where there's a minimum of care taken by the parking companies for beautification of each lot.  (trees, walls at entrances, leveling of each lot, etc).
Hell, I was walking across the lot across from the PAC and nearly kissed the asphalt when I tripped over a 3 inch broken rise in the middle of the lot.
They are bad people.  Tripping on something like that in flip flops can be detrimental to my pigs.

I think the best you will get is a "Shoes Required" or "No Flip-Flops Allowed" sign.   Sad

rdj
City Father

« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2011, 08:53:39 am »

American Parking operates Main Park Plaza (4th from Main to Boulder), Philtower (monthly only), KC Auto Hotel (Cincy btw 3rd & 4th / monthly only / and has an apartment on top that owner lives in), Civic Center Parkade, BOA Building Garage, Murphy Garage (1st & Detroit across from Lyons'), Mayo Motor Inn (4th & Cheyenne) & 100 W Garage (1st & Boulder) and 15-17 other surface lots.

Central Parking has 4 garages in the Williams Tower / One Tech / Jazz HOF area and a garage down by the Doubletree.  The also have 15-17 surface lots they manage.

Those two companies don't own most, if any, of these garages or lots.  They have management contracts and charge what they negotiate with the owner.

Assuming the city had free night & weekend parking in the contract I didn't have a problem with privatizing the enforcement of street parking.  One of the issues downtown continues to be workers or day long visitors squatting in spots.  The city doesn't have the staff to enforce this all over downtown.  In the last year they have started enforcing it heavily in the 4th & Boston area.  For three years (ending in January) my office was at street level in that area and I saw the enforcement change before my eyes.  It was great because clients had a much easier time stopping by the office for a 30-60 minute visit when a spot wasn't clogged by a squatter.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2011, 10:31:33 am »

The enforcement at the surface lot at 3rd & Boston has been even more agressive lately.  Whereas in the past violators received a ticket, now they get a boot.  You have to pay the fine to get the boot removed.  They probably got tired of writing tickets no one paid.  It is clear the fines are not being used for maintenance or upkeep.  Although some of the worst pot holes were patched last year, the lot is rought and has many uneven spots of the type that tripped up Townsend.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2011, 12:08:38 pm »

The enforcement at the surface lot at 3rd & Boston has been even more agressive lately.  Whereas in the past violators received a ticket, now they get a boot.  You have to pay the fine to get the boot removed.  They probably got tired of writing tickets no one paid.  It is clear the fines are not being used for maintenance or upkeep.  Although some of the worst pot holes were patched last year, the lot is rought and has many uneven spots of the type that tripped up Townsend.

That lot would make a great new home for the Tulsa arts high school or TSAS.   Smiley

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2011, 12:15:37 pm »

I'd accept any use (tattoo parlour or homeless highrise) over surface lot.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2011, 01:32:22 pm »

That lot would make a great new home for the Tulsa arts high school or TSAS.   Smiley

I bet the residents of Owen Park would say they have a better location...   Wink

I've heard the PAC doesn't want that lot to go away.  It allows for front door parking for their older patrons.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2011, 02:27:16 pm »

There is a huge surface lot just east of the PAC that could be developed into structured parking and retail that could serve the PAC, City Haul and visitors to the Dome or the CBD.
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2011, 02:50:36 pm »

There is a huge surface lot just east of the PAC that could be developed into structured parking and retail that could serve the PAC, City Haul and visitors to the Dome or the CBD.

Agree totally. 

That lot seems like this huge black hole in between the CBD and Blue Dome.  It's like you have to walk through this open expanse to get to another area with any kind of density of development.

Something like you describe would really tie the CBD together with Blue Dome.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2011, 05:47:44 pm »

I'd accept any use (tattoo parlour or homeless highrise) over surface lot.

Probably not. Meth Lab, House of ill-repute, Republican Party Headquarters?

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2011, 09:43:31 pm »

Agree totally. 

That lot seems like this huge black hole in between the CBD and Blue Dome.  It's like you have to walk through this open expanse to get to another area with any kind of density of development.

Something like you describe would really tie the CBD together with Blue Dome.

That lot would make a great urban park/sculpture garden that could connect the CBD to Blue Dome with development around it by the PAC. 

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2011, 06:45:40 am »

That lot would make a great urban park/sculpture garden that could connect the CBD to Blue Dome with development around it by the PAC. 

What could be more urban than a paved over area?

(Running for cover now!)  Grin

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2011, 06:59:29 am »

Probably not. Meth Lab, House of ill-repute, Republican Party Headquarters?

Explain the distinction between these please: Meth Lab, House of ill-repute, Republican Party Headquarters

Yes, this would be better than a surface lot.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org