A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:06:28 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton  (Read 100406 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2016, 12:18:44 pm »

Linda Perry....

If one is not old enough to remember 4 Non Blondes, think Christina Aguilera.... "Beautiful".   Perry wrote it.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2016, 04:48:57 pm »

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2016, 09:52:56 am »

Seth....

https://www.facebook.com/LateNightSeth/videos/752515804899101/

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2016, 10:22:30 am »

But its a tough decision eh? I noticed she was having trouble handling that Weiner. Trump has no problem handling his. Wink

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2016, 11:48:54 am »

But its a tough decision eh? I noticed she was having trouble handling that Weiner. Trump has no problem handling his. Wink

It's so even.....

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2016, 11:56:40 am »

It's so even.....

It's the only reason he likes his tiny hands....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2016, 06:06:38 am »

This should go over well here.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/why-is-hillary-clinton-so-widely-loved/506402/

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2016, 06:31:34 am »

There went my appetite.  Isn't "dim-witted mind-numbed sycophant" reserved only for Trump supporters?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2016, 08:02:06 am »

I am truly scared that this election has pushed us towards a breaking point for a functioning Republic. Not that we are there and the sky is falling, but certainly this has pulled the covers back and shown that its possible for the State to fail.

Hillary manipulates government and politics to rise above, she has perfected the art.  She has worked her entire life to get people into positions that could benefit her. She appears to be an expert on walking the line between criminal and consummate politician. An utter expect on "soft power" and manipulation. That's dangerous. 

Trump is the opposite end of the spectrum. He appears to have little understanding of how government works or even basic civics.  He wants to use power overtly to undermine the institutions of the Republic (jail political opponents, erode constitutional rights for populism, etc.). If it doesn't go his way, he has shown a willingness to try and undermine the institutions of the Republic by other means (like refusing to accept a transition of power).

The FBI is either a political tool, incompetent, or manic. Essentially, the Federal Police have twice now interfered with a Federal Election (once by declaring no charges would be filed - when that's the job of the Justice Department [Federal prosecutors] and not the police, and then by declaring the case back open and refusing to even say if the decision was supported by evidence). I don't believe the conspiracy theories that Comey is for Hillary or against her, but certainly things have gone off the rails.

We have Justices of the Supreme Court weighing in on political matters, left and right, and making themselves into celebrities for a "side". We have Congress openly saying they will subvert the Courts by simply refusing to do their jobs. We have the executive branch and legislative branch criticizing the Court for its decisions using flowery hyperbole. Instead of arguing the merits, or stating they don't like it - they try to undermine the authority of the Court (and thereby the Constitutional rule of law).

We have military commanders endorsing candidates, rather than endorsing or refuting ideas directly related to the military (if asked: I believe Hillary's plan of cutting funding for R&D would undermine long term strategic goals, or I believe Trump's plan of killing civilians related to terrorists would be an illegal order). A politicized military is bad for representative government (see Egypt, Russia, China, etc.).

Stop applauding when your "side" engages in this same behavior. Its bad when either "side" does it. Its dangerous.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2016, 08:57:44 am »

Well, that's well stated, you are a lawyer after all, your business is words. But I disagree with some of your assumptions. Hillary is a career politician and that has no more credibility than a criminal defense lawyer, or a teacher. Both are difficult jobs that are undervalued by the public. As a leader she has been pretty pragmatic and resolute considering there really is a widespread conspiracy to block her upward movement. She killed 77 people? Really? We are that gullible? It isn't her or Obama that is fueling our confusion and anger. What we are seeing is a confluence of some rather strong climactic changes in economics and politics.

Economically, the world has jumped forward with technology and left a sizable part of the labor force behind. Namely the Baby Boomers. Meanwhile they are starting to retire and find their sources of wealth are threatened by financial markets, skyrocketing health care costs and SS changes. At the same time they are retrenching from the marketplace because their major purchases have been made earlier in life. Think about that. The Boomers were a huge population and that population is not actively buying second cars, refrigerators, TV's, houses, second houses etc and is having a huge impact. Indeed, they are scaling down rather than up.

And the next generations are not repopulating at the same rate as the post WW2 generation did. So, along with outsourcing production, refining, manufacturing and services to other countries by often disloyal major players in hopes that globalization would take up the slack, the next group has to deal with smaller domestic market growth. The next generations are also not into manufacturing. They can tell you about investments, beer and high tech phones but can't understand how to check their oil on a dipstick. They went to college to match their parent's wealth and its just not happening. Meanwhile the top tier is getting more and more wealth while those in the middle are squeezed and lower levels are not advancing.

The party in power, not the current POTUS, has muffed up their role and used their power to protect themselves, their jobs and their party. In the last two decades, a critical time for our country, they have followed the Gingrich lead of demonizing their opponents, obstructing the country's wishes and ignoring their obligations. Now, foreign powers smell blood on the water. They use a tried and true method of encouraging the division of their opponents against each other and making use of our own passion for winning at all costs to diminish our power in the world. In this regard, Trump truly is a "useful idiot". And the bonus for them is our own ignorance in underfunding education, infrastructure and renewable energy sources in opposition to examples in other countries of the immense benefits in increasing that support. And why? Read my lips..."no new taxes". That didn't work and re-electing these boobs isn't going to work either.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 09:00:28 am by AquaMan » Logged

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2016, 09:52:47 am »

Well, that's well stated, you are a lawyer after all, your business is words. But I disagree with some of your assumptions. Hillary is a career politician and that has no more credibility than a criminal defense lawyer, or a teacher. Both are difficult jobs that are undervalued by the public. As a leader she has been pretty pragmatic and resolute considering there really is a widespread conspiracy to block her upward movement. She killed 77 people? Really? We are that gullible? It isn't her or Obama that is fueling our confusion and anger. What we are seeing is a confluence of some rather strong climactic changes in economics and politics.

I disagree with your assessment of HRC. 

Career bureaucrat is a more fitting description of her professional life.

She's only faced voters three times in her entire professional career, once as a Senator the other as a current candidate for POTUS.  The vast majority of her experience has been as an un-elected bureaucrat. 

It matters because she has really only had to account for her job performance as an elected official once: in her re-election in 2006. 

Maybe it is what I'm programmed to listen for, but any accomplishment she tries to use as great experience has been touted as either her push for health care as First Lady, her foreign policy experience, or her early career as a cub attorney during Watergate.  I don't hear her touting any noteworthy accomplishments as a Senator.

In terms of real experience, I doubt we've had a first term candidate with such innate knowledge of how the office of POTUS works since she was married to a previous one and there's little doubt she helped shape policy in the Bill Clinton White House.  She does have a very good real world view of foreign policy too.

She has the qualifications.  Her penchant for operating in a grey area of the law and believing she is above the law are why I cannot vote for her.  I see no real ethics in her.  HRC is all about herself and her 50 year quest to become the first female POTUS.  I admire the drive that got her there, but it came on the backs of many people who paid a high price for their association with her.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2016, 09:59:31 am »

Aqua, you really think Gingrich was the first to demonize his opponents? I think what the modern day media has shown is how morally bankrupt politicians HAVE ALWAYS BEEN!

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2016, 10:20:54 am »

Aqua, you really think Gingrich was the first to demonize his opponents? I think what the modern day media has shown is how morally bankrupt politicians HAVE ALWAYS BEEN!
He was the first to do it in a totally propagandist, organized way in the Congress. He actually passed out printed material to train his fellow Congressmen on what to say, how to say it and how to spin truth into fiction and vice versa. While Fox and the ditto head were doing it on the airwaves, for profit, Gingrichs did it for power. His evil is only surpassed by Goebbels whose principles he followed.

Modern day media is bankrupt. Politicians are like cops and FBI agents. Some are law abiding, protectors of the public interest. Some are crooked, vile and self serving. Might as well indict all of humanity with that phrase!

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2016, 09:45:10 am »

He was the first to do it in a totally propagandist, organized way in the Congress.

Do you have a link on the "first" part?

TulsaMoon
Civic Leader

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2016, 11:06:28 am »

Well, that's well stated, you are a lawyer after all, your business is words.

Such a condescending statement.

CF you are no longer allowed to state anything of value because you are lawyer and pretty words are your profession.

Hey, you in the medical field, don't comment on healthcare either.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org