A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 05:48:31 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Was that an Earthquake?  (Read 19963 times)
David
Citizen

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 02:21:18 am »

I've decided social media has completely overtaken news media. I felt it, sat there for a minute and then verified it via Twitter.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 07:28:23 am »

I've decided social media has completely overtaken news media. I felt it, sat there for a minute and then verified it via Twitter.
I got a faster verification from FB.  I was checking twitter on my way down the stairs with no joy, but plenty of chatter on FB.  Then again, I may not be following enough people on twitter...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 07:44:14 am »

That's the second quake in a year for me, I was in OKC for the one that was centered under Lake Thunderbird.  We mostly noticed this one from the window blinds rattling.  Sounded like a dump truck going down the street outside.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 07:57:44 am »

That's the second quake in a year for me, I was in OKC for the one that was centered under Lake Thunderbird.  We mostly noticed this one from the window blinds rattling.  Sounded like a dump truck going down the street outside.

Woke me up and I wasn't sure what it was.  Went back to sleep and didn't think anything about it until I read this and have been visiting the news sites.  Lot of activity around here lately.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 08:44:55 am »

Woke me up and I wasn't sure what it was.  Went back to sleep and didn't think anything about it until I read this and have been visiting the news sites.  Lot of activity around here lately.

Same here. What are you people doing up at that time in the am anyway?!

My wife woke me up and asked what that was, my son came in and let the dog out thinking there might be a burglar outside. I just had dreamed about some kind of explosion and went back to sleep.

onward...through the fog
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 09:59:26 am »

My wife woke me up and asked what that was, my son came in and let the dog out thinking there might be a burglar outside. I just had dreamed about some kind of explosion and went back to sleep.

Had just turned the computer off to go to bed, sounded like something banging in the hall.  
Being reported as a 4.7

(edit: the pictures on the opposite side of the wall I was facing were banging around.  I didnt initially connect that sound to the overhead cracking sound moments earlier that I thought was a large animal that had found it's way into the attic, because they seemed like two distinct sounds coming from different directions.)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 02:21:05 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 11:07:15 am »

I had actually been in bed, we just hadn't gotten to sleep yet, was up talking (yes, we were actually talking when it happened).  We seriously thought we had either a home invader or poltergeist, until it occurred to me that the bed was moving in the middle of it as well.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 04:02:49 pm »

I was sitting on the couch watching some Dr. Who, so it was an exceedingly odd experience. Quite unlike the last one, which I actually heard more than felt. This felt almost exactly like floating in the ocean as the swells pass by. Almost no noise at all, just the sensation of movement.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 09:57:49 pm »

Well here we go again.  Wonder what this one was?  Getting hard to sleep around here with all the earthquakes going off every night.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:02:29 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2011, 10:02:24 pm »

Either somebody had some gas or somebody's been fracking. Wink

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2011, 10:06:24 pm »

News is saying same epicenter as this morning, registered a 5.2

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2011, 10:21:59 pm »

Says 9 earthquakes in the last 24 hours, this one being the second largest on record.  I tell ya its a cluster thats either building to a big one, or letting off steam.  Ya never know which unfortunately. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2011, 10:22:43 pm »

Either somebody had some gas or somebody's been fracking. Wink

That would be a really major fart. 

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2011, 10:23:56 pm »

Says 9 earthquakes in the last 24 hours, this one being the second largest on record.  I tell ya its a cluster thats either building to a big one, or letting off steam.  Ya never know which unfortunately. 

We can hope for letting off steam.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2011, 10:29:42 pm »

Ch 8 just said it is possibly upgraded to 5.6.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org