A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 11:42:12 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edward Delk's Bar and Restaurant  (Read 48112 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2013, 03:14:05 pm »

Just curious, who carried the financial load on the build out, was it Delk or the property owner? I read reviews of Delk's on yelp! urbanspoon and Trip Advisor and they were mixed as to 60% liked it and 40% didn't and the compalints were universal almost on the food, srevice and prices and those three always seem to be the down fall of most places. Also noticed that The Vault has similar reviews on those three sites as well.

Same kind of reviews Prhyme is getting as well.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2013, 03:20:56 pm »

I had the crab risotto at Prhyme and it was delightful.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2013, 03:22:51 pm »

1/2 Delk was/is the property owner.

Don't be sad....
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2013, 09:30:36 am »

Discussed going there with my wife some night.  After reading the reviews, she said she would rather spend half the money at Juniper.
I suppose we'll wait until the inevitable Prhyme Groupon.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2013, 10:23:22 am »

Sounds like a good investor...not sure if I would be spreading that around..

He is spreading in response to patrons telling him it is overpriced and they don't want to go back.  Encouraging them to give it another shot and try the cheaper steak.  Apparently, everyone that tries the cheaper steak gives him good feedback.  Everyone that tries the more expensive steak tells him its overpriced.  

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2013, 02:49:41 pm »

He is spreading in response to patrons telling him it is overpriced and they don't want to go back.  Encouraging them to give it another shot and try the cheaper steak.  Apparently, everyone that tries the cheaper steak gives him good feedback.  Everyone that tries the more expensive steak tells him its overpriced.  

I don't understand most of the complaints about pricing at Prhyme.  Its prices are high but in line with Mahogany, Flemings and other high-end steakhouses around the country.  If you think those places are too expensive, then don't both with Prhyme.  I assume the "most expensive" steak people are complaining about is the 40-day dry aged strip/rib eye.  A steak dry-aged that long is an acquired taste (and super expensive due to time, shrinkage and trimming) that does not appeal to most people.  After aging that long, the meat takes on a somewhat funky mushroomy/blue cheese kind of concentrated smell/taste.  Some love it, but it's most definitely not for those used to non-aged beef.

I wish Pyhyme would offer a 21 to 28-day dry aged steak instead of the 40.  But I think it is trying to offer something no one else in town is offering.  For what it's worth, I thought the grass-fed rib eye was one of the best grass-fed steaks I've ever had.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2013, 03:34:45 pm »

Delk's FB status if anyone's interested:

CHEAP BEERS!!!!!!

Delk’s is offering HUGE DISCOUNTS on select bottle and all tap beers.

All Tap Beers $4

Abita Amber $3
Big Sky Trout Slayer Wheat Ale $3
Boulevard Bully Porter $3
Coop Horny Toad Cerveza Blonde Ale $3
Flying Dog Pearl Necklace Oyster Stout $3
Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout (650ml) $10
Left Hand Polestar Pilsner $3
Three Philosophers Quadrupel Ale $7
Rogue Hazelnut Brown (650ml) $10
Samuel Smith Organic Cider (550ml) $7
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale $3
Southampton Double White Ale $3
PBR $2
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2013, 03:41:03 pm »

I don't understand most of the complaints about pricing at Prhyme.  Its prices are high but in line with Mahogany, Flemings and other high-end steakhouses around the country.  If you think those places are too expensive, then don't both with Prhyme.  I assume the "most expensive" steak people are complaining about is the 40-day dry aged strip/rib eye.  A steak dry-aged that long is an acquired taste (and super expensive due to time, shrinkage and trimming) that does not appeal to most people.  After aging that long, the meat takes on a somewhat funky mushroomy/blue cheese kind of concentrated smell/taste.  Some love it, but it's most definitely not for those used to non-aged beef.

I wish Pyhyme would offer a 21 to 28-day dry aged steak instead of the 40.  But I think it is trying to offer something no one else in town is offering.  For what it's worth, I thought the grass-fed rib eye was one of the best grass-fed steaks I've ever had.

Love prime steak, and we frequent Mahogany and Flemings.  I've eaten at Lowry's and others around the country.  LOVE A GOOD STEAK!!  I wanted to try Prhyme in spite of the silly name, but with all of the poor reviews, compared to other offerings, I just figured we'd wait for a Groupon.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2013, 03:56:05 pm »

I'm not disagreeing.  Just have to remember this is Tulsa.  You can walk across the street to The Tavern and get a steak frites for half the price and most Tulsans will think it is just as good.  Phyrme is trying to make sure it is covering the steak connoisseur, as you mentioned, while still offering a steak that appeals to the crowd that wants a price point just a bit lower than Fleming's and Mahogany.

Which, BTW the last two times I've eaten at Fleming's the steaks have been terrible.  Steaks ordered rare and medium rare served well done.  I was somewhat forgiving the first time, although I did request a replacement.  The second time I was none too happy.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2013, 04:04:25 pm »

CHEAP BEERS!!!!!!

All Tap Beers $4

Abita Amber $3
PBR $2

Call me a cab! I'll be right there!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2013, 04:07:37 pm »

CHEAP BEERS!!!!!!

All Tap Beers $4

Abita Amber $3
PBR $2

The $3 prices are pretty good for a single bottle price.  Most of the liquor/beer stores seem to offer a mix-a-six for less than $9 for medium and lower price beers.   I can understand not including the really pricey beers in the mix-a-six.  

Edit:  Nevermind, I missed the thread name and thought I was responding to "Best Selection of beer and best place to purchase for value ".

What I said is still true though.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 04:12:12 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2013, 07:36:13 pm »

CHEAP BEERS!!!!!!

All Tap Beers $4

Abita Amber $3
PBR $2

Runnin' them specials on OK+ for 7 days at a time can be a beach... lessin' you want ABLE to come bust up your gin joint

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
dbacks fan
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2013, 06:10:12 am »

$10.00 for Rogue River beer? Even for a pint and a half, that's way too much.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2013, 11:27:30 am »

$10.00 for Rogue River beer? Even for a pint and a half, that's way too much.
I'm unfamiliar with the cost of this specific beer, but the other $10 one on their list, (Yeti) is about $10 at the liquor store.

I can't find online prices for any local stores, but it's $7 at Total Wine in Dallas. That's a pretty slight markup for a bar. I seem to remember a lot of big bottles at McNellie's going for nearly twice as much as liquor store price.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2013, 12:05:25 pm »

I assume Delk's is having a "clearance" sale.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org