A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:58:59 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Can Has New Bar on Riverwalk?  (Read 13561 times)
dbacks fan
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 01:11:39 pm »

So how long did Blind Lemon's last at RWC?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 01:19:27 pm »

Riverwalk needs to be big enough that everyone who comes wants to do 203 things minimum. ie. dinner & movie, dinner & shopping, movie & drinks, etc. The retail is sparse and sparsely open so most people go to Los Cabos and then leave. You can't support a walkable district when everyone leaves after visiting one place. Not worth the trouble driving there and parking 2 blocks away.

Did you copy and paste that from someone's old post about downtown?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 06:02:32 pm »

Did you copy and paste that from someone's old post about downtown?

No, but downtown is about 10% better about it than RWC
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 05:51:02 am »

Riverwalk needs to be big enough that everyone who comes wants to do 203 things minimum. ie. dinner & movie, dinner & shopping, movie & drinks, etc. The retail is sparse and sparsely open so most people go to Los Cabos and then leave. You can't support a walkable district when everyone leaves after visiting one place. Not worth the trouble driving there and parking 2 blocks away.

But I don't have time to do 203 things!!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 12:05:56 pm »

I did 203 things once, but the wheels fell off...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Empower Tulsa
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 12:20:35 pm »

Why not another Mexican restaurant?
Stone
Activist

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 02:38:34 pm »

I say turn that area into an outlet mall. I garantee you people would flock to the RW if it had a gap, coach, banana republic, etc. etc. Sprinkle in a few good restuarants/ bars and I'm talking gold Jerry gold!

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 02:53:36 pm »

I say turn that area into an outlet mall. I garantee you people would flock to the RW if it had a gap, coach, banana republic, etc. etc. Sprinkle in a few good restuarants/ bars and I'm talking gold Jerry gold!

Nah, we go to Utica Square for that.
Stone
Activist

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 02:59:36 pm »

When did they turn Utica into an outlet?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 03:07:48 pm »

When did they turn Utica into an outlet?

April 1st, last year.  Go check it out.  You'll love it.
Stone
Activist

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 06:10:07 pm »

I live down south. That's a little too far a drive for this cat.

Hawkins
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 03:40:57 pm »

The outlet center idea cracks me up.

It LOLz me because I often think of the Tanger Outlet Mall in Stroud when feeling sorry for the Riverwalk.

The BEST thing that could happen to the Riverwalk would be an F-5 Tornado. Then, the property owners and small businesses (the few that have held on this far) could all collect insurance money and walk (run) away. Permanently.

If a tornado destroyed the Riverwalk, I can say with certainty that--like the Tanger Outlet--none of it would be rebuilt. Ever.

--

« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 03:43:15 pm by Hawkins » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 08:18:42 pm »

The outlet center idea cracks me up.

It LOLz me because I often think of the Tanger Outlet Mall in Stroud when feeling sorry for the Riverwalk.

The BEST thing that could happen to the Riverwalk would be an F-5 Tornado. Then, the property owners and small businesses (the few that have held on this far) could all collect insurance money and walk (run) away. Permanently.

If a tornado destroyed the Riverwalk, I can say with certainty that--like the Tanger Outlet--none of it would be rebuilt. Ever.

--

That's why there are two new building in phase 2 set to open in the next couple of weeks and I think people have started to move into the Riverwalk's new apartment complex.
Hawkins
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2010, 08:37:01 pm »

That's why there are two new building in phase 2 set to open in the next couple of weeks and I think people have started to move into the Riverwalk's new apartment complex.

By George you may be right!! We should place a call to the Sperry Van Ness office at Riverwalk to confirm this.

...oh wait.   Lips sealed

--
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org