A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:41:07 pm
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trader Joe's  (Read 90021 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2015, 08:55:55 am »

Is that a new development?  One of the investors in the building told me that about 45 days ago.

Yes....Unless it has changed again.....

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2015, 08:55:53 am »

So, the good news is that this Trader Joe's is built right up to the sidewalk.
The bad news is that it's the side of the building that is facing the sidewalk.
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2015, 09:48:49 am »

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2015, 11:08:26 pm »

The separate wine annex is off the table.
http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local/tulsa-trader-joes-delayed-2016-will-not-sell-liquo/nny26/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2015, 01:19:50 am »

So, Jarboe, the ABLE Commission and others as well as the state constitution are as usual preventing choice and commerce just like Edward J. DeBartolo Sr had the horse racing commission in his hip pocket.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2015, 11:03:49 am »

Other stores have run into this problem in the past and there is a way around it if a separate building is constructed to serve as a liquor store. However, the separate store must be owned by an individual, not a corporation. - See more at: http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local/tulsa-trader-joes-delayed-2016-will-not-sell-liquo/nny26/#sthash.PfQlqu1K.dpuf

For a nominal cut of the action, I’d be willing to be that individual.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2015, 08:32:24 am »

For a nominal cut of the action, I’d be willing to be that individual.

For a case of wine, indemnity against any lawsuit or other damages, and public credit - I'd be willing to be that individual.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2015, 10:47:46 am »

By now, all of Tulsa knows about the Trader Joe’s being built in Brookside.
But what’s that second building being constructed right next to it?
Although the exterior of the Trader Joe’s building at the southeast corner of 37th Street and Peoria Avenue has been finished for weeks, the separate structure immediately to the south is a little further behind, with walls that are still being erected.
Both Trader Joe’s and the other building are being constructed by Oakridge Builders on behalf of Hawkins Cos. LLC of Boise, Idaho. The two buildings are owned by Venture Properties, the Tulsa-based company confirmed in March.
Oakridge officials referred inquires on the properties to Hawkins Cos., which did not respond to requests for comment. Representatives for Venture Properties were also unavailable for comment.
Building permits filed with the city of Tulsa indicate the second building will have 7,023 square feet divided into four roughly equal units. Of those, the northernmost and southernmost units are slated to house restaurants, while the middle two are for retail.
No specific users were identified for any of the spaces.
While many have speculated that Trader Joe’s would have a separate space for a liquor store to comply with Oklahoma alcohol laws, Alison Mochizuki, spokeswoman for the Monrovia, California-based company, told the Tulsa World recently that would not be the case.
But those who work near the buildings, including Greg Welborn, owner of Best Electric and Hardware, say there’s been plenty of interest in the four spaces.
“I’ve heard there are three or four companies interested in getting a spot there, though there’s nothing concrete,” he said.
Of the rumors of potential tenants, Welborn said he’s heard of talk about a burger chain and an upscale women’s clothing store.
Venture Properties is also handling leasing duties for the building.
Trader Joe’s will open its 9,500-square-foot Tulsa location sometime in 2016, Mochizuki said.
Robert Evatt 918-581-8447
robert.evatt@tulsaworld.com

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/it-s-not-just-trader-joe-s-other-retail-space/article_46c9901d-66f3-59ee-b33e-727be5728bc5.html
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #158 on: October 20, 2015, 11:48:30 am »

Well that is some fine reporting right there.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #159 on: October 20, 2015, 01:26:59 pm »

We have got to get the stupid liquor laws in this state changed.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #160 on: October 20, 2015, 01:34:14 pm »

Well that is some fine reporting right there.

+1
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2016, 08:41:54 pm »

So much for “pedestrian friendly”.  It is a pet peeve of mine when cars pull into crosswalks.  Here, on the south side of the TJ development, there is no choice if you don’t want to get clobbered by southbound traffic on Brookside.  Aesthetically, the development fits in great with some of the other retailers but I have to argue this type of up to the curb development is anything but pedestrian friendly when cars are forced to drive into the pedestrian right-of-way just to keep from getting hit.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
davideinstein
« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2016, 09:06:06 pm »

So much for “pedestrian friendly”.  It is a pet peeve of mine when cars pull into crosswalks.  Here, on the south side of the TJ development, there is no choice if you don’t want to get clobbered by southbound traffic on Brookside.  Aesthetically, the development fits in great with some of the other retailers but I have to argue this type of up to the curb development is anything but pedestrian friendly when cars are forced to drive into the pedestrian right-of-way just to keep from getting hit.

Brookside crosswalks over Peoria are dangerous. Really terribly designed streets.
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2016, 09:19:52 pm »

Brookside crosswalks over Peoria are dangerous. Really terribly designed streets.

Yes, I dread the thought of what the City might do to M.B. Cherry Street between M.B. Pearl Ave and Utica -- or to M.B. Denver Ave between 13th St and 17th Place.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2016, 09:53:11 pm »

What would make it better, having the crosswalks further out?  I think slowing down traffic on Peoria would help solve the problem.  The medians between 33rd and 35th need to be extended all the way to 41st. 

If you've been to OKC they have redone Western Ave which is similar to Peoria through Brookside.  The traffic calming measures implemented there have really helped create a more pedestrian friendly area.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org