A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 08:29:47 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ball Park Webcam / Pictures  (Read 10689 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« on: April 17, 2009, 10:01:47 am »

Without discussion the controversy surrounding it, the ballpark is being built.  So please, I want to keep this thread about the structure and development in the area.  An information thread on what's going on, being proposed, etc.  PLEASE, keep stuff on the tax schemes, who controls what, and if we should have one downtown in the other threads.

The uploaded picture is from the webcam they have setup.  Which has really good clarity and zoom ability:

http://www.oxblue.com/pro/open/oneok/oneokfield

* ONEOK Field-20090417-105155.jpg (447.99 KB - downloaded 872 times.)

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
mjchamplin
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 10:05:47 am »

Wow, that's one hell of a webcam. Thanks for sharing.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 11:47:03 am »

Neat.  It would be cool if they also had a camera on that apartment building north of OSU looking at the ballpark towards downtown.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 03:30:46 pm »

Everyone taken a gander lately?

http://www.oxblue.com/pro/open/oneok/oneokfield

Looking good
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 04:29:51 pm »

They are really booking on this thing.  Doesnt seem that long ago when we were all discussing the plans and approval process. Now all the primary steel is up and they are closing her in and getting ready to lay the grass.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 07:40:13 am »

Seeing that just makes me wish we get just get rid of the north leg of the IDL and connect OSU-Tulsa to the ballpark and Brady.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 08:58:54 am »

I heard this morning the sound mitigation on the rail crossings started today and should be in place by 1st game in April.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 09:29:48 am »

I heard this morning the sound mitigation on the rail crossings started today and should be in place by 1st game in April.

And of course I spoke too soon...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090828_11_A1_Burlin177810

oh well, maybe we can do the wave on each whistle or free beer or something.
brianh
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 10:10:46 am »

Looking good, and even though I hate corporate sponsored venue names, Oneok Field sounds a lot better than BOK Center. I admit to not watching too much baseball, but if we can get some Marshalls in there I will go more often than I do now. Or do they only sell three point?
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 02:05:22 pm »

Looking good, and even though I hate corporate sponsored venue names, Oneok Field sounds a lot better than BOK Center. I admit to not watching too much baseball, but if we can get some Marshalls in there I will go more often than I do now. Or do they only sell three point?

until you start having guests call in "Own-ee-ock" Field
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 04:48:40 pm »

I think thats the Indian word for "baseball".

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
OSU
Activist

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 08:26:54 pm »

until you start having guests call in "Own-ee-ock" Field

Haha, I used to call it that when I was little...

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 11:51:57 pm »

Wow, that is a nice webcam. Not as nice as the Panasonic cameras easily found with a google search that are full PTZ cameras. Those are great for spying on beachgoers in miami and the like. Wink

I understand that some people don't like the train horns, but they don't bother me. I used to live right on a set of railroad tracks only about 1000 feet from a crossing, while my bedroom was at most 100 feet from the tracks, so I know what it's like hearing them regularly. The roar of the train is worse, but still never really bothered me.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 07:23:05 am »

They are also moving dirt on the John Hope Franklin park next door to ONEOK and I just heard about a proposed nearby development with a large number of apartments and retail (I think it was 73 apartments).
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 08:42:06 am »

Off topic posts moved here ==> http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=14175.0
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org