A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:24:42 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who owns the Buccaneer bar?  (Read 10697 times)
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« on: November 04, 2011, 08:45:14 am »

Well?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 08:56:44 am »

Buck A'near

Why?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 09:02:09 am »

My sister had the owners cell phone number before they completely destroyed her house and can't find it.  They leave their door open and wake my youngest nephew up in the middle of the night with loud music.  They can hear the music in the living room, which is on the other side of the house.  She has called the bar but the bartenders have a hard time hearing the phone.  Last night she called and the bartender was an donkey and when she told him the next time she called she would call the police.  He said sounds good to me.  She knows the owner will get them to close the door.  They have done the police route in the past, but they don't write them tickets.  (I guess free drinks while off the clock works wonders)  If they have to call the police its already too late anyway.

So that...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 09:08:21 am »

My sister had the owners cell phone number before they completely destroyed her house and can't find it.  They leave their door open and wake my youngest nephew up in the middle of the night with loud music.  They can hear the music in the living room, which is on the other side of the house.  She has called the bar but the bartenders have a hard time hearing the phone.  Last night she called and the bartender was an donkey and when she told him the next time she called she would call the police.  He said sounds good to me.  She knows the owner will get them to close the door.  They have done the police route in the past, but they don't write them tickets.  (I guess free drinks while off the clock works wonders)  If they have to call the police its already too late anyway.

So that...

Call the cops.  Her real issue doesn't revolve around whether or not the cops will ticket them, it's whether or not they will close the door.  Call the cops, cops show up, close the door, have a free drink, problem solved.  I never had a problem with the Buc or Hurricane Lounge when I lived near there, it was the skid marks leaving the bars at 2am on their Harleys with open pipes that would wake us up.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 09:09:53 am »

Call the cops.  Her real issue doesn't revolve around whether or not the cops will ticket them, it's whether or not they will close the door.  Call the cops, cops show up, close the door, have a free drink, problem solved.  I never had a problem with the Buc or Hurricane Lounge when I lived near there, it was the skid marks leaving the bars at 2am on their Harleys with open pipes that would wake us up.

So, wake up disabled child,  call the cops, wait for the cops to show up.  Repeat nightly.  Problem solved.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 09:39:34 am »

So, wake up disabled child,  call the cops, wait for the cops to show up.  Repeat nightly.  Problem solved.

I would think they'd get the message after one visit.  She can always walk over there in the daytime and find the owner as well.  That's another way to solve the problem if she lost his number.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 09:46:28 am »

Cops aren't drinkikng there off-duty.......

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 09:55:27 am »

I would think they'd get the message after one visit.  She can always walk over there in the daytime and find the owner as well.  That's another way to solve the problem if she lost his number.

Thats why I asked what his name was.  So she could ask for him to call her instead of referring to him as "owner guy"
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 09:56:56 am »

Cops aren't drinkikng there off-duty.......

I think you mean on.  And yes.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 10:05:51 am »

There is a gate in the privacy fence in the back parking lot that opens to a house the owner rents to an employee.  Might talk to them.
You also might mention that his floodlights that shine into the neighborhood are also a nuisance; they put them up after an armed robbery in hopes they would repel evil.  Cite Title 42, Chapter 13, Section 1303C. DESIGN STANDARDS FOR OFF-STREET PARKING AREAS, City of Tulsa Ordinances.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 10:25:35 am »

Or setup flood lights that shine at the door from your yard, guess that could get some communication started with them...or go up there during the day when its not busy and just chit chat with them, they could be clueless there is a problem, I think that place has been around for awhile and I doubt having the door open bring them a huge windfall of anything, could just be oblivious that its a problem..during the day I have gone a few times its been 1-2 people in there....
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 10:40:04 am »

Or just move to a quieter house.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 10:51:58 am »

Or just move to a quieter house.

People would be angry if they sold their house.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 11:03:54 am »

People would be angry if they sold their house.

I'm assuming it would play off poorly with the show.

Sorry, I don't know who the bar's owner is.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 11:06:19 am »

I'm assuming it would play off poorly with the show.

Sorry, I don't know who the bar's owner is.

I thought Tulsanow knew everybody that owned everything north of 21st ..  You get a pass though southie.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org