A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 05:41:05 am
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trader Joe's  (Read 90136 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2015, 08:38:53 am »

I guess my wife and I are old enough that novelty and cool factor mean little to us when it comes to groceries.

Look at this Grocery in downtown Cleveland

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/oh-cuyahoga/heinens-to-build-new-downtown-cleveland-grocery-store-inside-former-ameritrust-rotunda

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2015, 09:07:55 am »

Well that’s one adaptive re-use for a rotunda!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2015, 09:28:08 am »

Bank....

BuiltRight
Citizen

« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2015, 02:28:27 pm »

Its official, Trader Joe's Announced they are opening a Tulsa location at the end of 2015

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/trader-joes-announces-first-oklahoma-location-at-37th-and-peoria-in-tulsas-brookside-neighborhood
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2015, 03:11:55 pm »

I thought it was funny how Tulsa World treated this as “breaking news” this afternoon.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2015, 03:33:44 pm »

I'm bucking astounded...I tried to tell this to a reporter a month ago....She would not believe me.....

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2015, 03:37:25 pm »

So, it's official.  Happy happy, joy joy!   Grin

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0V4TZAyd8I&t=56[/youtube]

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 03:39:01 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2015, 04:34:47 pm »

Been better if it was an Oklahoma Joe's or even Eskimo Joe's.  Grin

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2015, 05:16:45 pm »

Been better if it was an Oklahoma Joe's or even Eskimo Joe's.  Grin

Would take Eskimo Joe's over Oklahoma Joe's any day of the week.  Just wasn't very impressed.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2015, 08:06:40 pm »

Would take Eskimo Joe's over Oklahoma Joe's any day of the week.  Just wasn't very impressed.

Same

Rank your Joe's:
1. Eskimo
2. Trader
3. Sloppy
4. Oklahoma
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2015, 08:17:20 pm »

Way beyond Oklahoma Joe's....

Smokies Hickory House.  Yum!!

http://www.smokieshickoryhouse.com/

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2015, 10:49:15 pm »

Way beyond Oklahoma Joe's....

Smokies Hickory House.  Yum!!

http://www.smokieshickoryhouse.com/

News to me.  Worth the drive from my fashionable midtown digs?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2015, 08:58:34 am »

News to me.  Worth the drive from my fashionable midtown digs?

Only if you like pretty good barbeque....

I have mentioned Black Jaxx in Oologah before - well, he went out of business some time back, but it was worth the drive all the way there.

This place is just about as good.  Plus they have live music some evenings - I don't know the schedule - not winter, I bet, but have set inside and listened through the wall....didn't want to sit outside at the time.  And I really hope that no more than about two or three readers here listen to me on this - I don't want them to get so overwhelmingly busy that I can't get in....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2015, 11:06:39 am »

Are there no moderators on this forum? This forum is the worst forum I have ever been on with respect to the lack of "moderation".  I and I know others, get tired of clicking on a topic and hoping to read about it or participate in the discussion only to find the conversation has nothing to do with the topic. This was a good forum but I am now finding that it is practically worthless as every thread gets hijacked. If you want to talk about "beer or bbq" start a thread on it!

And to put my money where my mouth is, I will volunteer to be a moderator but know that this forum will be cleaned up. 3 warnings for hijacking threads, and I will boot your arse off.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2015, 11:21:12 am »

Are there no moderators on this forum? This forum is the worst forum I have ever been on with respect to the lack of "moderation".  I and I know others, get tired of clicking on a topic and hoping to read about it or participate in the discussion only to find the conversation has nothing to do with the topic. This was a good forum but I am now finding that it is practically worthless as every thread gets hijacked. If you want to talk about "beer or bbq" start a thread on it!

And to put my money where my mouth is, I will volunteer to be a moderator but know that this forum will be cleaned up. 3 warnings for hijacking threads, and I will boot your arse off.

Definitely see your point....

It's kind of easy to see how we drift off into space - starting with Trader's...which is related to food and beverage, which brings us to other purveyors of food like Reasors, Sprouts, Whole Foods, and Walmart....with a gentle right (or left) turn to places that prepare that food for us.  Comparisons abound.  Pretty soon we are out in the Dagobah system.  (Notice the gentle nudge toward a Star Wars hijack...)

With a wild-a$$ detour to Ren and Stimpy land!!   Whew!  Talk about right out of left field!!

Yeah, we probably need a light touch of adult supervision...but it's just SO much fun!! 

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org