A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:39:49 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa World announces price increase  (Read 11835 times)
OUGrad05
Civic Leader

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 09:16:48 pm »

Lets see...I can pay 200 dollars for a Tulsa World subscription or 100 dollars for a year of the wall street journal...

Gee...I have no clue which paper has better articles, less bias and actually has numerous stories on a daily basis worth reading.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 05:44:24 am »

quote:
Originally posted by OUGrad05

Lets see...I can pay 200 dollars for a Tulsa World subscription or 100 dollars for a year of the wall street journal...

Gee...I have no clue which paper has better articles, less bias and actually has numerous stories on a daily basis worth reading.

You can buy the Tulsa World on Special, $102 for everyday, $72 for Thurs-Sun and that is for a year.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 02:37:34 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

You can buy the Tulsa World on Special, $102 for everyday, $72 for Thurs-Sun and that is for a year.

I have paid $204. For the Tulsa World for years.  How do you get to the bargain basement?

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
inteller
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 02:43:16 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by shadows

quote:

quote:

I have paid $204. For the Tulsa World for years.  How do you get to the bargain basement?

if you are a TW employee you can get it for the entire week even less than the thurs-sun rate.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 09:58:26 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by shadows

quote:

quote:

Quit, after 30 days you will likely get a call since you now qualify for the "new subscriber special."
shadows
City Father

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 07:10:29 pm »

I have thought of deleting my subscription for the thirty days but also not re-subscribing as much of the news is available through the wireless channels.  

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Porky
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2008, 07:23:36 pm »

I choose to read their paper online for free. [8D]
Steve
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 12:56:15 pm »

I have subscribed to the Tribune/World for over 30 years, 7 days a week.  My annual subscription expires 10-28 and I called 2 days ago to change to the Thurs.-Sun. package, mostly to save money.

What has really irked me over the years is that now the World says there is no change to subscription rates, but when they do up the subscription rates, they adjust the ending date of your current subscription to reflect the rate increase.  So if you paid 1 year extension and they then up the rates, they short your renewal date to reflect the price increase.  This has happened to me several times, and I consider it outright fraud.
Hometown
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 01:26:29 pm »

I enjoy the whole ritual of getting a newspaper but there is so little of it there anymore that it is almost a parody of a paper.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2008, 09:09:41 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hometown

I enjoy the whole ritual of getting a newspaper but there is so little of it there anymore that it is almost a parody of a paper.

If the comics get any smaller, I'll need a magnifying glass in addition to my bifocals.

PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 12:26:54 pm »

Is it just me, or am I seeing more and more full page ads (or 3/4 page ads) and less content?  

Seems to be getting pretty thin on news.

sk
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 04:43:00 pm »

Well, they did say that sections would be combined and truncated, and that their writers were to produce shorter pieces.  That, when combined with a price increase, makes for less newspaper.

And it's one of the reasons why we've stopped purchasing TW for the newspaper pool at work.  I noticed that several stores have unsold stacks of the Sunday paper.  Maybe I'm not alone in thinking that it's not worth the increase.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org