A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:15:06 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey White Guys! (you know who you are...)  (Read 13726 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 12:31:40 pm »

I am prepared to expend three Silky Terriers on the project. After that I switch to pit bulls.

Do the Silky's know about your cavalier attitude??

Throw in the pit bulls from the get-go.  Much more entertaining.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 12:53:17 pm »

Do the Silky's know about your cavalier attitude??

Throw in the pit bulls from the get-go.  Much more entertaining.

My Silky is cute, lovable and anxious for attention. But he is quick twitch, noisy, and thinks he is the size of a leopard. He is my early warning system.

I have another dog, resembling a pit bull, that is his opposite, focused, heavy set and suspicious of the rest of the world and quietly planning how to address that situation. After her there are lots of pits on telephone polls around the hood that I can help to find.

Seriously, I'm not too worried. People don't much care what I think and aren't too surprised to see a "Bama" sign around here.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 01:45:22 pm »

baseless innuendo...

In Tulsa County Democrat HQs they are charging $2 for them and can't keep them in stock.

But do I get a chance to party with the president if I buy one?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 01:53:43 pm »

You would but I think the Oklahoma state legislature is working on a bill to make it illegal to mention the word "Obama". 

They've run into a snag because 6 of the legislators are getting confused as to why they can't mention the delicious pies.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 02:09:07 pm »

Would you go if you could?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 02:13:47 pm »

Off the bike and back into action...you were missed, kinda. In the time while you were gone, Gaspar agreed with me on 2025. Just want to let you know that being a fiscal conservative can mean finding common ground unless you follow the Teabaggers/GOP to that sick point of "no compromise."
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 02:40:02 pm »

Off the bike and back into action...you were missed, kinda. In the time while you were gone, Gaspar agreed with me on 2025. Just want to let you know that being a fiscal conservative can mean finding common ground unless you follow the Teabaggers/GOP to that sick point of "no compromise."

LOL! Not off it for long- just back in the sticky heat.  You would have loved the crowd at Eske’s in Taos.

Would you go if you could?

I would.  As a person, I have no beef with President Obama.  It’s on a professional basis I don’t care so much for him.  I think if we could keep the discussion off politics, we might be okay. Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 02:57:03 pm »

You would but I think the Oklahoma state legislature is working on a bill to make it illegal to mention the word "Obama". 

They've run into a snag because 6 of the legislators are getting confused as to why they can't mention the delicious pies.

You must have missed it...they passed that bill back in mid-July, with an emergency clause to get rid of the 90 day wait before it takes effect.  The was a pie-fest open house on the capital front yard - I had to drive by that day and the traffic was horrible....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 03:41:52 pm »

Broken Arrowdite Bob can expect an IRS audit...
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2012, 03:06:39 pm »

Is this about "you didn't build that" being taken out of context or just racism? Boycott Additive Systems...no business or person should get away with this crap. While I loved making fun of Shrub, I never publicly displayed hatred for him or disrespect for the office of Commander in Chief (albeit I did accuse Bush II of letting Cheney run the Oval Office).....

http://www.ktul.com/story/19300698/broken-arrow-business-makes-waves-with-obama-banner readers comments!

be classy Teapublicans. Oh, and curb your hate.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2012, 10:32:40 pm »

Just the phrase at the top shows his complete disconnect from reality.  Obama was making the point that no "rugged individualist" did it all by himself/herself.  Which this guy just verified by saying "WE built this business..." 

Well, DUH!!!  So this guy was agreeing with Obama.... 

But Additive Systems STILL uses Main street and Houston in Broken Arrow.  They get water from the same municipal supply that the rest of the town also supports.  He gets electricity from AEP in Ohio.  Just a few of the other contributors to his business....

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2012, 06:50:29 am »

But Additive Systems STILL uses Main street and Houston in Broken Arrow.  They get water from the same municipal supply that the rest of the town also supports.  He gets electricity from AEP in Ohio.  Just a few of the other contributors to his business....

Now I know why I am not a rich successful businessman.  We have well water.  I guess I'll need to connect to city water.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2012, 03:09:31 pm »

Now I know why I am not a rich successful businessman.  We have well water.  I guess I'll need to connect to city water.

If you want to have a business like ASI, then you will likely need more than just well water.  But that would put you into the "evil" of depending on someone other than yourself -  a shared effort. 

And lest you think well water makes one more of a rugged individualist (I doubt really think you feel that way...you are too practical most of the time, except for you political blinders...), well someone had to drill the well and then case it with pipe that someone had to make.  Then it was wired with wire that someone made, connected to a motor/pump that was made by Franklin Electric (Ft. Wayne, Indiana).  Unfortunately, it is unlikely that any 3 of us on this board could do all the is required to get water to your house in the way it is done today, let alone just any one of us.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2012, 06:43:08 pm »

If you want to have a business like ASI, then you will likely need more than just well water.  But that would put you into the "evil" of depending on someone other than yourself -  a shared effort. 

And lest you think well water makes one more of a rugged individualist (I doubt really think you feel that way...you are too practical most of the time, except for you political blinders...), well someone had to drill the well and then case it with pipe that someone had to make.  Then it was wired with wire that someone made, connected to a motor/pump that was made by Franklin Electric (Ft. Wayne, Indiana).  Unfortunately, it is unlikely that any 3 of us on this board could do all the is required to get water to your house in the way it is done today, let alone just any one of us.

Don't forget the douser.

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2012, 06:58:50 pm »

If you want to have a business like ASI, then you will likely need more than just well water.  

You read it inversely to what I said.  

We already have well water.  I would need to change to city provided water, with way more government direct involvement, than keep the well water we already have.

Edit:
You, however, ignored my point in order to make yours.  My point is that I do have access to roads and all the things touted by the President.  I do actually have access to city water, for part of my time, at work and at friends' places and even WalMart.  I should be wealthy beyond my fondest dreams with access to all these government goodies but yet I am not.  Something is missing and I can only consider that it is because I don't have city water at my house.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:19:58 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org