A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:29:30 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 48   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump  (Read 245445 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2016, 09:51:58 am »

Do you mean psychologist, or psychiatrist? Narcissists are scary people. We all have a little bit if we have any success at all, but a classic narcissist is capable of tremendous damage to others.

You mean like the current president and several before him?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2016, 10:01:36 am »

I am not qualified to judge, just did some reading up a year ago when a friend of mine faced one during a divorce proceeding. Apparently they are great fun til they don't get what they want. Lots of soap opera characters seem to be based on narcissism.

Its difficult to treat as well.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2016, 10:06:09 am »

I am not qualified to judge, just did some reading up a year ago when a friend of mine faced one during a divorce proceeding. Apparently they are great fun til they don't get what they want. Lots of soap opera characters seem to be based on narcissism.

Its difficult to treat as well.

I was married to a classic one, I was too stupid to recognize the core of what was going on before we got married.  The worst behavior always came on “someone else’s day” whether it was a birthday, a graduation, someone having surgery, or even a funeral and all attention was not on her.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2016, 10:10:28 am »

I was married to a classic one, I was too stupid to recognize the core of what was going on before we got married.  The worst behavior always came on “someone else’s day” whether it was a birthday, a graduation, someone having surgery, or even a funeral and all attention was not on her.

Ouch.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2016, 10:17:22 am »

At least you recognized it and escaped in time. My friend got set up in numerous ways. Was even committed against their will to a psych ward. Justice eventually prevailed but the spouse is still in a position of some importance.

onward...through the fog
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2016, 10:25:10 am »

You mean like the current president and several before him?

The physiology journal and articles I linked to discusses this. Every president or significant leader is likely to be somewhat narcissistic, but that is a far cry from being a clinical narcissist. Simply put, to get to the top you likely had to put yourself first and have the confidence to believe you are better - but some people take it a few steps further.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2016, 10:49:16 am »

Why would the fire marshal cut off entry when the full capacity for the arena is 12,000? The fire marshal shouldn't care if people have to sit behind the stage.
I would have to guess that was the total number of available seats. The area behind the stage was closed off with drapery. Maximum capacity at the Mabee Center is 11,200.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2016, 12:14:33 pm »

Tusla? is that Tesla's distant cousin? Anyway, someone printing the tickets has a dyslexic tendency.

I'm waiting on the "I heart Tusla" Tshirts.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2016, 06:01:40 pm »

How can any candidate see the value in a Palin endorsement? 

This is how.
http://news.yahoo.com/palins-emergence-underscores-gop-split-082027150--election.html#

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2016, 10:54:09 pm »

I'm waiting on the "I heart Tusla" Tshirts.

Or “Dont Hate Teh 198"

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2016, 08:01:05 am »

Aaaaaaand done. Someone is already selling them.

paypal is stevo@winghead.com.
18.00 mailed
15.00 regular
13.00 if you mention Bernie.
Sizes XXL and larger 2.00 extra.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2016, 06:16:23 pm »

Are you guys talking about me again?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2016, 06:21:09 pm »

If the Foo Sh**s, wear it.

Grin

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2016, 09:15:27 pm »

I thought we agreed not to tell anyone else you were my second wife, Michael.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #149 on: February 19, 2016, 06:53:35 pm »

Donald Trump Calls for Apple Boycott While Tweeting With an iPhone
http://www.macrumors.com/2016/02/19/trump-apple-boycott-while-tweeting-on-iphone/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 48   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org