A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 06:01:39 pm
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton  (Read 101573 times)
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2016, 07:08:45 pm »

Stats are what you make of them.

The stat that matters is the number of electoral votes obtained.  In this year's election, Hillary has failed to reach the critical threshold of 270.

Perhaps if enough unbound electors switch from Donald to Hillary on December 19th, then she'll be able to garner 270 votes.  Not likely, but I suppose it could happen.

However, even if Hillary can't get enough support this time around, if she's able and willing, she can try again in 2020.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 08:44:29 pm by Bamboo World » Logged
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #151 on: November 10, 2016, 07:14:27 pm »

Conan (and Swake) to through even more of a kink in the educational level of voters...

Voters of Asian decent by and large voted for Clinton. This group is widely considered to be the most educated ethnic group in America. That juxtaposed with what Conan said about those of African and Hispanic decent, who according to Census, are the least educated ethnic groups in America. I'd say that's enough for me to say that educational attainment was not the deciding factor. Heck white/Euro's (non-hispanic decent) are the second most educated and they voted for Trump, slightly more than Clinton. Trust me, plenty of dummies voted for both of them. God Bless Merica.

Doing what Swake (and most of the media) is doing is just a way to call those that don't agree with them stupid. It's the only way to justify some people's existence.

I would also say that it appears that economics may not have had that much to do with it either. As Clinton likely carried the poor urban dwellers, and Trump likely did so for the suburban/rural poor.

And I think often the implication is that Whites are racists for not voting in a single block like Blacks & Hispanics tend to. I'm not even going to start on that.

I think what people like Swake need to realize is that America is made up of individuals. We don't fit into boxes or categories. (Even though I didn't actually) I can vote for Trump and not agree with every single thing he says or does. Again, America is not a binary choice (even though the elections more or less are).

Swake, please for the sake of this board, take a Xanax and sleep it off. It's been two days now.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #152 on: November 10, 2016, 08:42:20 pm »

Doing what Swake (and most of the media) is doing is just a way to call those that don't agree with them stupid. It's the only way to justify some people's existence.

I
Nah, they're not stupid. According to one talking head on MSNBC last night, they are "Disentangled Misogynistic Racists".
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 09:26:57 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #153 on: November 10, 2016, 09:12:24 pm »

The stat that matters is the number of electoral votes obtained.  In this year's election, Hillary has failed to reach the critical threshold of 270.

Perhaps if enough unbound electors switch from Donald to Hillary on December 19th, then she'll be able to garner 270 votes.  Not likely, but I suppose it could happen.

It could if electors started receiving copies of their own suicide notes with a Chappequa return address. Cool

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #154 on: November 10, 2016, 09:27:23 pm »

Huh

Oops, fixed it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #155 on: November 10, 2016, 10:18:12 pm »

Doing what Swake (and most of the media) is doing is just a way to call those that don't agree with them stupid.

Anyone else remember "effete corps of impudent snobs"?  I had to look up who said it, Sprio Agnew.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #156 on: November 10, 2016, 10:23:36 pm »

I wandered among NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS.  (No cable, satellite etc TV.)   I found it amusing how much emphasis was put on "uneducated white males" voting for Trump.  They did, however, also make references to Hillary underperforming among several minorities compared to Obama in the 2012 election.  One of my co-workers also mentioned that many Hispanic voters may have had difficulties with Hillary being pro-choice regarding abortion rights.  It was fun to see the media squirm as it appeared that Trump even had a real chance of winning.

cynical
Civic Leader

« Reply #157 on: November 10, 2016, 11:45:22 pm »

The one I recall is "nattering nabobs of negativism." No one talks that way any more. I am no Agnew fan, but the discussion was richer then. Actually, that was written for Agnew by William Safire, a master wordsmith. I didn't like his politics, but I appreciated his literacy. Everything now is so damned apocolyptic. People need to surface from Facebook and Twitter once in a while.

Anyone else remember "effete corps of impudent snobs"?  I had to look up who said it, Sprio Agnew.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #158 on: November 11, 2016, 08:12:46 am »

Anyone else remember "effete corps of impudent snobs"?  I had to look up who said it, Sprio Agnew.

Nattering nabobs of negativity....

Edit;   and then I got to cynical's post...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #159 on: November 11, 2016, 08:42:23 am »

It does sound familiar, and I vaguely recall those people saying those things being "put in there place" by people like you.

Funny, when the R's guy loses their voters are racist. and when they win, they are also racists (and stupid). I have no earthly idea why there is such a divide in this country. Can someone please enlighten me?

You only see the world through your white male prism. Maybe you should work on empathy for people not just like you with all your built in advantages?

The more likely a statistical group of people is to experience racism or sexism the less they voted for Trump. It’s that simple. You elected a monster.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #160 on: November 11, 2016, 08:51:01 am »

You only see the world through your white male prism. Maybe you should work on empathy for people not just like you with all your built in advantages?

The more likely a statistical group of people is to experience racism or sexism the less they voted for Trump. It’s that simple. You elected a monster.

My built in advantage growing up poor in the middle of nowhere. Yeah, you know me alright.

I vaguely recall working in New York being asked if I used to ride a horse to University. They were serious. Everybody has their impediments. Some just let it get to them more than others.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #161 on: November 11, 2016, 08:58:12 am »

My built in advantage growing up poor in the middle of nowhere. Yeah, you know me alright.

I vaguely recall working in New York being asked if I used to ride a horse to University. They were serious. Everybody has their impediments. Some just let it get to them more than others.

You aren’t seriously equating being asked if you rode a horse to school with racism are you? Good lord, what a snowflake.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #162 on: November 11, 2016, 09:10:24 am »

You aren’t seriously equating being asked if you rode a horse to school with racism are you? Good lord, what a snowflake.

No I am not. But to act like I had a silver spoon up my donkey is something else entirely isn't it. No person in this country has it handed to them. That is the attitude that these "snowflakes" in New York & Portland have. They think they deserve everything just for being the unique soul that they are. It's BS.

Trump supporters are no more racist than any other subset of the population. Your commentary is why Trump is elected. You know this right? People are tired of being called racist and what not.

The horse story was meant to show how backwards thinking people are. They have preconceived notions of how the world works. I don't begrudge them. I don't take it personally. Everyone else needs to do the same.

Best comment I ever heard about "racism". I don't remember who or where I heard it. But it was a black man.

"About the time we get over racism, is about the time everyone else will too".

Quit living in the past. Get over it. They all followed the rules. This is the outcome. Honestly how can you sit here with your doom and gloom. You don't know. None of us do. But I do know that this country has survived some doozies. This will be no different. I have more faith in humanity than that (which I've been told is a problem of mine). When people start realizing they are much more the same than different, that's when things will get better. Until then, I guess I should keep expecting to hear all this hate from you.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2016, 09:16:35 am »

No person in this country has it handed to them. That is the attitude that these "snowflakes" in New York & Portland have. They think they deserve everything just for being the unique soul that they are. It's BS.

Yeah there are those people.  Clinton's weren't, but Trump definitely was.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #164 on: November 11, 2016, 09:18:11 am »

Trump supporters are no more racist than any other subset of the population.

Seriously?

Aside from the words out of Trump's own mouth, Steve Bannon, you know Trump's campaign president, the white power movement and the KKK all say hello.

Trump's campaign was built on hate. It was his core message.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org