A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 08:22:03 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who has the best quality meat and produce in Tulsa  (Read 6135 times)
buzz words
« on: January 06, 2008, 10:15:36 pm »

I want to know who do you think has the best meat, or and meat & Produce

Whole Foods, walmart, reasors, "Freedom Mart" LOL Omaha Steak
Wilbur
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 06:41:58 am »

Bruner's for meat.  81st and Sheridan.
spoonbill
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 06:59:20 am »

Sigi's at 91st and Sheridan, but it's very pricey.  Or Perry's (don't remember the address).
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 07:37:33 am »

quote:
Originally posted by spoonbill

Sigi's at 91st and Sheridan, but it's very pricey.  Or Perry's (don't remember the address).

I think there's a Perry's near 11th and Lewis.

The wife and I have been quite happy with the quality of meat we've been getting from the  Oklahoma Food Coop.  We haven't had a chance to try out their fruits and veggies yet, but are looking forward to it when the season turns

We've also heard that the farmer's markets around here are awesome in the spring and summer.  That's good, 'cause I'm pretty miffed at our local Reasor's. The produce is pretty awful, and too expensive.
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 08:37:29 am »

quote:

They make some excellent summer sausage and hot links. I've taken several pounds of ground venison in there for them to do. Good stuff.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 11:44:59 am »

Perry's & Fadler's for meat, both are excellent quality and pricing.  Fadler's produce has been good when I've been there and well-priced.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 12:30:38 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur

Bruner's for meat.  81st and Sheridan.

They have been very hit and miss for me....at least in the last 6 months.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 12:31:15 pm »

quote:

Oh man their hot links are awesome!!!
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 01:00:35 pm »

Speaking of produce, I have become obsessed with finding a Romanesco Cauliflower. While in Wild Oats yesterday, I spoke to the produce guys and they're going to try to get one for me.

I like their produce but the thunder always freaks me out.
dayzella
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 01:49:11 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaMINI

Speaking of produce, I have become obsessed with finding a Romanesco Cauliflower. While in Wild Oats yesterday, I spoke to the produce guys and they're going to try to get one for me.

Pretty nature math!  I hope you manage to get one Smiley
dayzella
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 01:52:42 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Perry's & Fadler's for meat, both are excellent quality and pricing.  Fadler's produce has been good when I've been there and well-priced.

Is it correct that Fadler's is also a wholesale distributor?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 02:18:27 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by dayzella

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Is it correct that Fadler's is also a wholesale distributor?

That is correct.  They supply many of the restaurants in the area.  You can find all sorts of fun bulk stuff like gallons of ketchup or several pounds of ground pepper, but you can also get singles and smaller portions.   Personally, I like it better than Sam's and I don't see so many other impulse purchase items like I do when I go to Sam's that leave me broke for a few days.

Incidentally, they are across Sheridan from Sam's. [Wink]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
buzz words
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 02:53:13 pm »

what about whole foods & Omaha steak  What is there quality of meat?
spoonbill
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 03:39:43 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaMINI

I grow it in my garden every spring.  You can get seeds at johnny's Select seeds.  I'm not a huge cauliflower fan, but I like the novelty of this one.
spoonbill
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 03:44:15 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by buzz words

what about whole foods & Omaha steak  What is there quality of meat?

Omaha steak is very cheap stuff.  My wife used to order from them.  It's all vacuum sealed injected with what they call "10% solution" and for the most part disgusting.

I have gotten great meat at Whole Foods (Same Company as Wild Oats).  I go there to buy Lamb because the butcher knows how to dress chops properly.  But it's very expensive.

I must admit.  The best meat I've purchased for grilling, or BBQ has got to be SAM's.  They will custom cut just about anything for you and the price is right.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org