A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:01:32 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TU Jimmy John's  (Read 14014 times)
davideinstein
« on: January 28, 2014, 10:24:22 pm »

About to start construction soon at the former location of Dex's and The Collective. It'll have a drive thru after some remodeling.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 10:28:16 pm »

Any idea yet what the hours will be?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
davideinstein
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 01:17:32 am »

That's not determined until the week before we open.

Any opinions?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 08:04:35 am »

Good news! First stable business for that location since Moulder Oldham moved out.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 08:25:12 am »

Hope you were able to negotiate a better lease than the tenants of the last ten years have negotiated.

Two different restaurant people have told me the lease terms are so onerous that not even the most profitable restaurants in Tulsa could survive.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 08:37:28 am »

That's the scuttle butt I heard too.  When the time came to renegotiate the lease, it was a better business decision to put everything in storage and close shop.  Rusty at Mods ran the Collective.

Also - any beer/patio plans during TU events?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 12:41:30 pm »

Yay! Florence park will now be in a JJ delivery area.

saintnicster
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 07:49:07 pm »

Just drove by the building for the first time in a long while.

It's unfortunate that you guys got rid of the brick exterior and just made the building into another beige box Sad
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 08:29:35 am »

Yay! Florence park will now be in a JJ delivery area.

How its not already is a bucking mystery......

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 02:53:15 pm »

Just drove by the building for the first time in a long while.

It's unfortunate that you guys got rid of the brick exterior and just made the building into another beige box Sad

+1

Expensive way to make the building look like a cheap prefab box.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
davideinstein
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 10:51:33 am »

Opted out of the black brick exterior because the other side will be leased to another tenant.

Our opening date is January 7th by the way.

EDIT: We'll be opening January 14th now.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 09:36:17 am by davideinstein » Logged
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 01:04:31 pm »

I drive by every day and have been watching the progress! Keeps coming along. While I got used to the brick building, the new exterior panels do make it look like a newer building.

Best of luck.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
davideinstein
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 01:05:22 pm »

I'm pretty excited about this location. It'll be the only store that is open until 3am and right across from a DI school.

We're doing some deliveries via bicycle which has been successful at our Downtown location. Any opinions on bike delivery at this location? My main concern is how bike unfriendly 11th Street is. Delaware has a bike lane, but it essentially a bike lane to nowhere. I sent an email to the city council about adding a bike lane to 11th but got no response. Wishful thinking on my part.

Cheesy
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 02:51:24 pm »

3rd is a bike route and so is Louisville going to Expo. 11th probably has too much traffic as it is to have a successful bike lane (if it is unsafe or turns cars against cyclists, it isn't successful). But I'm all for pointing out to the City that bikes can be good for business!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
davideinstein
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 07:47:07 am »

Bikes absolutely are good for business in some situations for us. Our overall delivery times are 3-5 minutes faster at our Downtown location than our car based stores. I think we're going to go with both bike and car delivery here while highly recommending the bike drivers have car access. If TU gets enough deliveries from us we could just concentrate on bike delivery there. We'll see how it goes.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org