A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 04:39:42 pm
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Shootings the last six months  (Read 144716 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #390 on: January 24, 2013, 06:39:45 am »

Weird coincidence?

Man Shot By Security Guard After Robbing Tulsa Credit Union
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:09 PM EST Updated: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:48 PM EST

TULSA, Oklahoma - A man was shot after holding up a TTCU branch Wednesday, police say. TPD says that security guard fired several shots at the suspect, hitting him at least once.
Police say a man with a gun hopped the counter, demanded cash and left with an undisclosed amount of money.
But once the suspect made it outside, police say he was met by a retired Tulsa Police officer, who now works on site as a security guard.
"The individual was shot at several times by an off-duty security officer, who was working inside the bank," Officer Leland Ashley said.
A tree out front was marked by two stray bullets, and a customer's windshield also took a hit. The car's owner was inside the credit union when the shots were fired.
  http://www.newson6.com/story/20660915/tulsa-police-man-shot-while-robbing-credit-union-on-pine

Makes one of my points - more target practice needed!  Well, two, then...and better (bigger) bullets!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #391 on: January 29, 2013, 09:22:52 am »

This man is asking the same question that I have been asking. And look at the response he got. Don't just shout the blanket answer. Explain why.......You can't.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2269910/Parents-children-slain-Newtown-school-shooting-beg-legislators-stricter-gun-control.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #392 on: January 29, 2013, 09:24:55 am »

Gun people can be real a$$holes.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #393 on: January 29, 2013, 09:40:58 am »

Fixed it.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #394 on: January 29, 2013, 10:29:04 am »

The constitution will survive this president.  He has not actually posed any gun control laws, or any executive orders that infringe on gun owner rights.  As with everything else, he has thrown suggestions and recommendations out into the ether and let those least equipped to address the problems take the lead.

The constitution will survive President Obama.  It will survive this congress.  The only threat comes from time, because eventually the growing masses of the historically ignorant will greatly outnumber the rest of us, and they will demand the bonds of slavery in order to shield themselves from the perils, difficulties, and responsibilities of liberty.

In the end they will lay their freedom at our feet and say to us, "Make us your slaves, but feed us." – Dosteovsky

The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves. – Dresden James

To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them. – George Mason

A people incapable of protecting themselves will lose their rights as a free people, becoming either servile dependents of the state or of the criminal predators who are their de facto masters. – Robert Cottrol, George Washington University law professor

It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. – Charles A. Beard

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #395 on: January 29, 2013, 10:48:43 am »

The only threat comes from time, because eventually the growing masses of the historically ignorant will greatly outnumber the rest of us, and they will demand the bonds of slavery in order to shield themselves from the perils, difficulties, and responsibilities of liberty.

Both sides claim this to be true about the other.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #396 on: January 29, 2013, 10:49:35 am »

The constitution will survive this president.  He has not actually posed any gun control laws, or any executive orders that infringe on gun owner rights.  As with everything else, he has thrown suggestions and recommendations out into the ether and let those least equipped to address the problems take the lead.

The constitution will survive President Obama.  It will survive this congress.  The only threat comes from time, because eventually the growing masses of the historically ignorant will greatly outnumber the rest of us, and they will demand the bonds of slavery in order to shield themselves from the perils, difficulties, and responsibilities of liberty.

In the end they will lay their freedom at our feet and say to us, "Make us your slaves, but feed us." – Dosteovsky

The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves. – Dresden James

To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them. – George Mason

A people incapable of protecting themselves will lose their rights as a free people, becoming either servile dependents of the state or of the criminal predators who are their de facto masters. – Robert Cottrol, George Washington University law professor

It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. – Charles A. Beard

I'm betting Discovery channel has contacted you about being a subject on "Hardcore Preppers", or whatever that show is.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #397 on: January 29, 2013, 10:50:54 am »

Both sides claim this to be true about the other.

There are more than two sides.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #398 on: January 29, 2013, 11:10:36 am »

There are more than two sides.

Not according to the two sides.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #399 on: January 29, 2013, 12:01:59 pm »

This man is asking the same question that I have been asking. And look at the response he got. Don't just shout the blanket answer. Explain why.......You can't.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2269910/Parents-children-slain-Newtown-school-shooting-beg-legislators-stricter-gun-control.html

The few hecklers who have no sense of taste don't define an entire group, much as the people who show up at Tea Party rallies wearing side arms don't typify the entire GOP much as MSNBC or HuffPo would love for people to think.

Best comment of the whole article:

Mark Mattioli, whose 6-year-old son James was killed at Sandy Hook, got a standing ovation when he said there are plenty of gun laws but they're not properly enforced.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2269910/Parents-children-slain-Newtown-school-shooting-beg-legislators-stricter-gun-control.html#ixzz2JO9FEnEv
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

In terms of better enforcement, I honestly don't know how you enforce them any better than they are already.  I'm not sure how they could have prevented Lanza's mother from having banned weapons in her possession short of having a border patrol and checking every single vehicle which comes and goes from the state for banned weapons.  She was a complete idiot for having weapons in her house like that with a child she knew was off the hinges crazy.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #400 on: January 29, 2013, 09:08:05 pm »

OR you can go to the reality and see that no such thing happened at all.  But ya gotta watch the UNEDITED version - not the MSNBC EDITED with not-so-hidden-agenda behind it.  But that wouldn't play to the audience as desired, would it?

Question being, why does anyone need a 30 round magazine...  It has been answered.  Because I want one.  That's all the answer needed.  It I wanted a machine gun, and was willing to jump through the hoops and pay the fees, no other rationalization or answer is needed (or ever sufficient to the Brady Bunch Organization).  I, along with the other 90 + million law abiding gun owners in this country have a wide variety of reasons for wanting or needing to own a gun.  As long as we ARE law abiding gun owners, no other explanation is needed beyond the fact that we want to.

Much like a Miami Dolphins fan can select to support their team with NO obligation to rationalize it to anyone else.  It's because you want to.  If you wanted to change - well, that may be a more rational choice, but it really doesn't matter at all, as long as it is what YOU want.  And you are not committing any crimes in the enjoyment of your favorite sport and/or team.  And no matter what the rest of the country may think, it is not really a crime (yet) to be a Dolphins fan.

UN-edited version - the one that shows the lie to the carp about Heslin being "heckled".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_wKQaWUMGE&feature=player_embedded

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:11:55 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #401 on: January 29, 2013, 09:11:23 pm »

You are usually thorough and prone to finding out the reality before jumping on a bandwagon.  What happened in this instance??

See the link to the unedited video above.

And then, I just gotta know - how is that edited carp any different from what that clown did with the Acorn videos??

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #402 on: January 29, 2013, 09:53:25 pm »

Question being, why does anyone need a 30 round magazine...  It has been answered.  Because I want one.  That's all the answer needed.  

But I don't want you to have one. That is all the answer I need.

If you want a rifle that propels grenades, you don't get one. That has been determined to be a reasonable restriction on weapon ownership. You can say you want one all you want, but that doesn't matter.

I have a right to life and liberty. Your wants don't trump my rights.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #403 on: January 30, 2013, 12:00:05 am »

Heir, what rulings has SCOTUS made in favor of regulating arms and ammo?
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #404 on: January 30, 2013, 12:07:56 am »

But I don't want you to have one. That is all the answer I need.

If you want a rifle that propels grenades, you don't get one. That has been determined to be a reasonable restriction on weapon ownership. You can say you want one all you want, but that doesn't matter.

I have a right to life and liberty. Your wants don't trump my rights.

Missile launchers for God's sake. I want my missile launcher! http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/01/29/1508251/gun-buyback-missile-launcher/

I think this is what our founding fathers had in mind!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org