A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:35:55 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Womens US Soccer.....  (Read 11709 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 12:35:52 pm »

How sweet it is.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 05:44:39 pm »

They won again, finals will be played Sunday 1pm against Japan.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report/_/id/324833?cc=5901

Trust but verify
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 05:47:20 pm »

They won again, finals will be played Sunday 1pm against Japan.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report/_/id/324833?cc=5901

France was a good team...the US really didn't pick it up until midway through the second.  France was killing them in possession time.  All it took to get them motivated was a corner kick goal from, you guessed it, Abby Wambach.  Alex Morgan finished it off just three minutes later at 82' to seal the deal.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2011, 11:11:23 am »

Well here we go 1 hour from kick-off.....I predict Rapinoe will start...

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2011, 01:03:34 pm »

Good heavens, they're killing me!  Five bonafide chances in the first 15 minutes with nothing to show for it!  Arghh!!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 01:06:47 pm »

Should be at least 2 nil....

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 02:09:01 pm »

GOAL!!!!!!

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 03:27:08 pm »

The Soccer Gods were smiling on Japan today.....

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 03:58:41 pm »

tough loss. Their second goal was our failure to clear the ball, tender had little chance.

Ya gotta feel good for Japan though.

onward...through the fog
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 05:05:37 pm »

Curb your enthusiasm.....
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 06:47:50 pm »

Curb your enthusiasm.....

Will do, for a few years anyway. When the world cup rolls around I'll be back at it for the men!

It was a good game all around.  USA just didn't finish well and allowed one bad goal with piss poor clearing.  Oh well, WE'RE #2!  WE'RE # 2!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2011, 08:28:26 pm »

Will do, for a few years anyway. When the world cup rolls around I'll be back at it for the men!

It was a good game all around.  USA just didn't finish well and allowed one bad goal with piss poor clearing.  Oh well, WE'RE #2!  WE'RE # 2!

If you cut the stats to the last 2 teams playing, Japan came in next to last.   Grin

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 08:30:14 pm »

If you cut the stats to the last 2 teams playing, Japan came in next to last.   Grin

And it's good to see the future of the sport holds so many great players.

Alex Morgan will be a force to reckon with in the next cup...

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 08:33:46 pm »

Also, a friend and I were discussing why we like women's soccer so much over men's.

Aside from the obvious  Grin , I think the women don't put up all that 'gamesmanship' that the men do (the diving, faking injuries, etc.).  They typically play a pretty lean and clean game, and thus it's a little faster and easier to watch.

JeffM
Civic Leader

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2011, 10:41:08 am »

Also, a friend and I were discussing why we like women's soccer so much over men's.

Aside from the obvious  Grin , I think the women don't put up all that 'gamesmanship' that the men do (the diving, faking injuries, etc.).  They typically play a pretty lean and clean game, and thus it's a little faster and easier to watch.

Well, I guess you could say that about watching the games on tv, but I'd argue the men's professional game is much faster, and more physical... a one-off event like the Women's World Cup may be cool to watch, but the pro league, WPS, is on life support with six remaining teams... a certain Mr. Luette was owner of a women's pro soccer team here, called the Oklahoma Outrage....  if somebody with a lotta money wants to start something at the old ballpark, I'm all ears....

But MLS is stable; and it's here to stay.

Bring back the Tulsa Roughnecks!.... JeffM is now TulsaRufnex....  http://www.tulsaroughnecks.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org