A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:58:33 pm
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 277   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Trump- The Implications  (Read 1490559 times)
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3285 on: June 04, 2018, 01:06:03 pm »

https://twitter.com/MarDBallJr/status/1003682732768047104

Too good to ignore.

Yes a solution is necessary. But how do you get one side to agree with another when one side wants nothing less than the elimination of the Jewish state from the face of the earth. Seems a touch unreasonable, but hey, that's just me.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3286 on: June 04, 2018, 01:20:04 pm »

https://twitter.com/MarDBallJr/status/1003682732768047104

Too good to ignore.

Yes a solution is necessary. But how do you get one side to agree with another when one side wants nothing less than the elimination of the Jewish state from the face of the earth. Seems a touch unreasonable, but hey, that's just me.

You mean like Israel is doing to the Palestinians??   They are just taking over and when the natives complain, they shoot, wound, imprison, thousands of them.  Much like when the various Native American tribes complained, they were put into concentration camps and kept there.  (At least the Israeli's are only doing that to thousands, unlike the millions the US did it to...so I guess maybe the Palestinians should be grateful, huh??)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #3287 on: June 04, 2018, 02:58:35 pm »

You mean like Israel is doing to the Palestinians??   They are just taking over and when the natives complain, they shoot, wound, imprison, thousands of them.  Much like when the various Native American tribes complained, they were put into concentration camps and kept there.  (At least the Israeli's are only doing that to thousands, unlike the millions the US did it to...so I guess maybe the Palestinians should be grateful, huh??)

If I wish you to be wiped off the face of the earth, are you going to be sympathetic to me? And take my side, and aid in my quest to remove you from this earth?

This is decidedly different.

Now, if you can prove that Israel's stated purpose is to eliminate Palestine from this Earth, then by all means do so. But until then, what Israel is doing is more along the lines of self preservation than it is terrorism.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3288 on: June 04, 2018, 03:45:45 pm »

If I wish you to be wiped off the face of the earth, are you going to be sympathetic to me? And take my side, and aid in my quest to remove you from this earth?

Now, if you can prove that Israel's stated purpose is to eliminate Palestine from this Earth, then by all means do so. But until then, what Israel is doing is more along the lines of self preservation than it is terrorism.

Hamas, which controls only Gaza and isn’t really recognized as any kind of government group did used to call for the destruction of Israel but has since dropped that even as a rhetorical point. Hamas’ stated goal now is a state of Palestine along the 1967 borders with East Jerusalem as it’s capital. Hamas is a terrorist organization and should not be confused with the Palestinian people. Treating all Palestinians as terrorists only makes Hamas more powerful.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-palestinians-hamas-document/hamas-softens-stance-on-israel-drops-muslim-brotherhood-link-idUSKBN17X1N8

The real negotiation has not been and would not be with Hamas, It’s with the Palestinian Authority, which is the recognized de-facto government for the Palestinian people. The PA does not call for the destruction of Israel and it does recognize Israel’s right to exist and has done so for decades. They also want a two state solution at the 1967 line with East Jerusalem as its capital, which has been the sticking point for both sides and that Trump just walked all over.

But what does Israel want now? They built their wall miles inside the 1967 line. They keep building further and further into the West Bank even beyond that wall making that reasonable two state solution harder and harder. It seems the side with no interest in a resolution today is Israel, which is a terrible and untenable long term solution even for Israel because they sure as hell don’t want a single state solution.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3289 on: June 04, 2018, 04:48:52 pm »

What’s to stop him from shooting congress and pardoning himself?

These people have to go. This isn’t fascist all, nope. Can you imagine if Obama had said this?

Somehow, the people who are anti-fascists are the bad guys.  Thats how much Kool-Aid we've been drinking.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3290 on: June 04, 2018, 04:51:30 pm »

Exactly how is it different??  Actions speak louder than words.  They don't have to say it when they are just doing it.

If you just take the 30 minute Fake Fox News snapshot view, maybe.  But when one looks at "the rest of the story" - it is very different.   Just take a look at how many Israeli's vs Palestinians have been killed/wounded over the last 70 years.  Another "rest of the story" event.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 04:53:02 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3291 on: June 04, 2018, 04:52:10 pm »

Somehow, the people who are anti-fascists are the bad guys.  Thats how much Kook-Aid we've been drinking.

Fixed it for you.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3292 on: June 05, 2018, 02:52:12 pm »

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3293 on: June 05, 2018, 03:55:39 pm »

Tears still flowin...Yup...Gonna be another rough week for The T.N.F. C.j C...Day 501...

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3294 on: June 05, 2018, 04:14:37 pm »

Tears still flowin...Yup...Gonna be another rough week for The T.N.F. C.j C...Day 501...

BB is really old....!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LOtPHOnCJc

Reality from the 30's here.   Film made in 1943.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 04:16:35 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3295 on: June 05, 2018, 05:08:53 pm »

More bad news for the T.F.N. C.j.C... China blinks again...Maybe hump day tomorrow will cheer you up..That would be day 502....

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/china-offers-to-buy-us70b-in-us-goods-report

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3296 on: June 05, 2018, 05:23:24 pm »

More bad news for the T.F.N. C.j.C... China blinks again...Maybe hump day tomorrow will cheer you up..That would be day 502....

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/china-offers-to-buy-us70b-in-us-goods-report

You mean they are offering to buy the soybeans that they stopped buying when Trump implemented tariffs.

Amazing.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3297 on: June 06, 2018, 05:53:42 am »

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3298 on: June 06, 2018, 06:01:05 am »

You mean they are offering to buy the soybeans that they stopped buying when Trump implemented tariffs.

Amazing.

Lol..I would tell you to take a knee but you couldn't get back up...!!!
'

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3299 on: June 06, 2018, 07:17:15 am »

Wow!   You really don't understand how any of that works, do you... and yet, continue to put that ignorance out there for the world to see...!!   How oblivious of you.

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 277   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org