A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:45:16 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas Parade Goes Rogue  (Read 27202 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 07:26:15 pm »

Ask and ye shall receive...

Isaiah 3:9
The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 07:26:20 pm »

Really guido? Show me the Christian angle in two guys fighting over who gets call their parade "Christmas". I missed that in my Bible.

27.2 degrees

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 09:39:29 pm »

Really guido? Show me the Christian angle in two guys fighting over who gets call their parade "Christmas". I missed that in my Bible.
I'm not taking the issue on. Just curious about one of the posters in here. A question I have always had are when non-Christians are so quick to point out the flaws and human failings of Christians, as if being a Christian makes someone infallible. I get the hypocrisy stuff when the overly pious, in your face guy gets caught toe tapping. It's the every day Christian who stumbles, or gets into this parade nonsense, who suddenly becomes a joke's punchline I am interested in getting at. Probably the wrong thread.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 09:56:06 pm »

I'm not taking the issue on. Just curious about one of the posters in here. A question I have always had are when non-Christians are so quick to point out the flaws and human failings of Christians, as if being a Christian makes someone infallible. I get the hypocrisy stuff when the overly pious, in your face guy gets caught toe tapping. It's the every day Christian who stumbles, or gets into this parade nonsense, who suddenly becomes a joke's punchline I am interested in getting at. Probably the wrong thread.

It is.  This is a perfect thread to make fun of someone, not have a point conversation about philosophy.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2012, 07:00:37 pm »

Arnett pulls out

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/battle-over-control-tulsa-christmas-parade-ends/nSPr2/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2012, 11:50:06 pm »

That's too bad.  I was hoping for a good old fashioned parade float joust.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 11:45:25 am »

It's pretty obtuse, so that would mean greater than 90, but less than 180 degrees...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 10:13:34 am »

Better to pull out now rather than abort at the last minute.  Not typical for this crowd regardless of their moral induced politics.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 10:22:04 am »

"The reason for the season"

Someone needs to open their history books.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 10:25:42 am »

Better to pull out now rather than abort at the last minute.  Not typical for this crowd regardless of their moral induced politics.

I like what you did there.  Clever.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 10:27:18 am »

I like what you did there.  Clever.
litmus tester:
still more proof....
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 12:04:28 am »

The Tulsa Christmas Parade was initially going to be held at Tulsa Hills Shopping Center on December 15th, but Tulsa Hills management thought that would create too much traffic on a very important shopping day. Organizers decided to bump the parade up a week; once again pitting it against the Tulsa Holiday Parade of Lights.
http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Dueling-December-parades-in-Tulsa-again-for-2012/3irZNrtlWk2d9VgBLC3gUg.cspx
Eddie Huff, organizer of the Tulsa Christmas Parade, isn’t apologizing.
“I think Tulsa's big enough for two parades. We don't see a controversy. There's is a holiday parade, and ours is a Christmas parade.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 09:39:30 am »

The Tulsa Christmas Parade was initially going to be held at Tulsa Hills Shopping Center on December 15th, but Tulsa Hills management thought that would create too much traffic on a very important shopping day. Organizers decided to bump the parade up a week; once again pitting it against the Tulsa Holiday Parade of Lights.
http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Dueling-December-parades-in-Tulsa-again-for-2012/3irZNrtlWk2d9VgBLC3gUg.cspx
Eddie Huff, organizer of the Tulsa Christmas Parade, isn’t apologizing.
“I think Tulsa's big enough for two parades. We don't see a controversy. There's is a holiday parade, and ours is a Christmas parade.

We're a very angry exclusionary competitive people here in South Tulsa.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 10:55:05 am »

I like how the Fox News writer used the wrong form of their's.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 11:27:17 am »

I'm sure they wanted it to be on the 15th for about 15 seconds.

This is a protest parade, led by Bill Christiansen as the MC this year.

If there was a new Grumpy White Men movie coming out, they could sponsor it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org