A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:23:48 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Candidates Filing for Office  (Read 9467 times)
Limabean
« on: July 11, 2009, 01:38:19 pm »

Does anyone know when Paul Tay or Eric Gomez is filing for office next week?

I heard Paul Tay was supporting Eric Gomez.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 09:50:04 pm »

Gomez shouldn't even bother filing, he won't get another term.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
Limabean
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 09:06:26 am »

I don't know where Paul Tay receives his campaign financing but Gomez's campaign contribution records indicate he is clearly supported by the development interests.

Since Gomez is a real estate agent, couldn't he make more money just working as a broker downtown than being a city councilor? Especially now that he understands more about how city funding and private dollars work together?

Of course, the uniting facotr between Gomex and Tay are they are both biking enthusiasts. Maybe that is whay they are supporting each other.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 09:57:39 am »

I've run into Maria at multiple functions the last few weeks.  She's serious about getting her old seat back.

Anyone heard if Jay Matlock is still looking for work?  Cheesy

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 05:26:11 pm »

Who filed today?

I hear that Westcott, Henderson, Christiansen, and Bynum filed, as did Maria.

No word on Martinson.

Anyone else?

highroadtaker
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 05:38:32 pm »

http://www.tulsacounty.org/electionboard/Filings/CityTulsa0713_0715_2009.pdf
highroadtaker
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 05:39:46 pm »

Accountability Burns is back!  Can you believe that he's only 82?
Limabean
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 06:12:29 pm »

Gomez filed today. I guess he really is running with Paul Tay on the bicycle ticket.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 06:19:41 pm »

A Tay/Gomez bromance? GT Bynum must feel like a jilted lover after gushing over Tay in Council meetings.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 08:10:17 pm »

Tay is running for Mayor, not council.
Limabean
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 08:43:28 pm »

What? Tay and Gomez can't be bros if they are on opposite sides of city government? Maybe they are trying to be a god example of working together for a greater good?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 08:51:38 am »

Random thoughts:

Go Roscoe!!!

I see Chris Trail, the owner/operator of Ike's Chili is running, great guy.

What would happen if no one filed to run in Dist. 6 or 7?  I do understand there's still time to file.

Would love to see someone run against Westcott.

Where's the tandem bicycle pic of Gomez and Tay?  Doesn't Gomez supporting Tay kind of ruin his credibility in a tinfoil hat sort of way?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 11:54:09 am »

still resisting the urge to file and run myself
brianh
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 01:15:43 pm »

Accountability Burns is back!  Can you believe that he's only 82?

Is that the guy who used to hang around the old city hall cafeteria and wore that white fedora style hat with the banner around the top of it that said "BURNS?"
DowntownNow
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 03:20:34 pm »

Just passed Dennis Troyer walking in to the County Election Board, presumably to file and run again.  This is one District that I hope has some competition step up with someone that wants to be something other than a fly on the way with little to no opinion or engagement in Council discussions. 

Troyer's passive persona seems to resonate negatively with constituents I've talked to.  I know of many that have had concerns, expressed them to him and never heard or seen any action.  Case in point was a recent call concerning some unremediated flood control issues in the Eastland Acres area.

Now that Mautino and Medlock were found to be correct on a great many things concerning the City, I wonder if Mautino is considering another run...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org