A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 02:44:52 pm
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383343 times)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1635 on: December 16, 2011, 09:35:41 pm »

I'll just leave this here. I'm sure it made more sense when I was about to post it a week ago when my laptop died:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/09/01/122865/regulations-taxes-arent-killing.html

As an aside, Firefox is grand. I just copied the profile from the dead computer's hard drive onto this here new one and there were all my tabs, just waiting for me to come back, like I never left.

RA, it's alright, I've got a good one saved up for you. Wink

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1636 on: December 16, 2011, 09:44:33 pm »

or punching a policeman's horse,

Mongo?

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1637 on: December 16, 2011, 09:57:44 pm »

RA, it's alright, I've got a good one saved up for you. Wink

I have no doubt you do.   Grin

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1638 on: December 16, 2011, 09:59:55 pm »

And thanks to Google News, I finally see something nice.

Regulators have accused the former chief executives of the mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac of misleading investors about their firms’ exposure to risky mortgages, one of the most significant federal actions taken against those at the center of the housing bust.

The lawsuits filed Friday against the two chief executives and four other top executives are an aggressive move by the Securities and Exchange Commission, and come after a three-year investigation.
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/12/16/s-e-c-sues-6-former-top-fannie-and-freddie-executives/

Hopefully the prosecutions of former Countrywide, Wells Fargo, WaMu, IndyMac executives and the thousands of mortgage brokers who knowingly processed, submitted, and sold the fraudulent mortgages at issue will not be far behind. T'would also be nice to see real sanctions in the foreclosure fraud cases.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1639 on: December 16, 2011, 10:09:05 pm »

And thanks to Google News, I finally see something nice.
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/12/16/s-e-c-sues-6-former-top-fannie-and-freddie-executives/

Hopefully the prosecutions of former Countrywide, Wells Fargo, WaMu, IndyMac executives and the thousands of mortgage brokers who knowingly processed, submitted, and sold the fraudulent mortgages at issue will not be far behind. T'would also be nice to see real sanctions in the foreclosure fraud cases.

What I saw on the TV was that these are civil, not criminal prosecutions.  Too bad.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1640 on: December 16, 2011, 10:19:49 pm »

What I saw on the TV was that these are civil, not criminal prosecutions.  Too bad.

The executives are far removed enough, criminally, that they would probably only be subject to RICO. The lower level executives and managers who knowingly implemented the policies ought to be frogmarched into court on fraud charges.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1641 on: December 17, 2011, 12:06:10 am »

Quote from: guido911
or punching a policeman's horse

The video shows the man being struck from behind by a policeman's baton.  When he regains his balance, the horse has advanced to the spot where the assaulting officer had been standing and is essentially trampling the man, who throws a punch in what could arguably be self defense.

It's dishonest and misleading to focus only on effect, and ignore cause, but I pity the horse for having to put up with the abuse from both sides.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1642 on: December 17, 2011, 02:54:21 pm »

The video shows the man being struck from behind by a policeman's baton.  When he regains his balance, the horse has advanced to the spot where the assaulting officer had been standing and is essentially trampling the man, who throws a punch in what could arguably be self defense.

It's dishonest and misleading to focus only on effect, and ignore cause, but I pity the horse for having to put up with the abuse from both sides.

I knew it was the police's fault.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1643 on: December 17, 2011, 02:56:20 pm »

More douchebaggery by the pee party. It wants the church that had given them support to let them take over its parking lot.

But in the weeks since Occupy Wall Street was evicted from Zuccotti Park in Lower Manhattan, relations between the demonstrators and Trinity Wall Street, a church barely one block from the New York Stock Exchange, have reached a crossroads.

The displaced occupiers had asked the church, one of the city’s largest landholders, to hand over a gravel lot, near Canal Street and Avenue of the Americas, for use as an alternate campsite and organizing hub. The church declined, calling the proposed encampment “wrong, unsafe, unhealthy and potentially injurious.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/17/nyregion/church-that-aided-wall-st-protesters-is-now-their-target.html?_r=1&hp

Selfish, presumptuous wastes of gametes. The lot of them.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1644 on: December 17, 2011, 02:57:53 pm »

So you're not familiar with the concept of contributory causation?

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1645 on: December 17, 2011, 03:04:32 pm »

So you're not familiar with the concept of contributory causation?

Nope. Never heard of it. I do know that if it were not for the pee partier's presence or their non-compliance with the rule of law, the incident would never had happened. And here is the incident. Go to :25:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BR6Gos2phok[/youtube]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 03:08:06 pm by guido911 » Logged

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1646 on: December 17, 2011, 03:08:38 pm »

Think contributory negligence, only generalized. I'm not the attorney, so I'm sure you can correct my terminology.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1647 on: December 17, 2011, 03:29:01 pm »

Think contributory negligence...

That's what I know. Also comparative negligence. Still, in that video, the idiot pee partier was pushed from behind, then took a wild swing and punched the horse. Did he mean to punch the horse or the cop? In patric's world, throwing a back-handed fist at the cop was okay under the circumstances.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1648 on: December 17, 2011, 03:55:19 pm »

More douchebaggery by the pee party. It wants the church that had given them support to let them take over its parking lot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/17/nyregion/church-that-aided-wall-st-protesters-is-now-their-target.html?_r=1&hp

Selfish, presumptuous wastes of gametes. The lot of them.

That Parish knows who butters their bread. (hint: it's not Jesus)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1649 on: December 17, 2011, 03:58:06 pm »

The police in NYC are way over the top thanks to Mayor %1.

They bust people all over NYC for small infractions with pot. %85 of them are African American whose population accounts for %10 of the total.

Then you have boom cities like Seattle who have their priorities straight.

The cops in NYC are not faultless....
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org