A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 01:47:34 pm
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383310 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1365 on: November 27, 2011, 02:04:24 pm »

Throwing fake blood at Nieman Marcus:

"Ginger Reeder, veep of corporate communications for Neimans, reminds us today: Every Friday after Thanksgiving, animal-rights activists pay a visit to Neimans locations across the country. "

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1366 on: November 27, 2011, 02:07:21 pm »

"Ginger Reeder, veep of corporate communications for Neimans, reminds us today: Every Friday after Thanksgiving, animal-rights activists pay a visit to Neimans locations across the country. "

So damned what, patric? Because one nutjob group does something it justifies another to do the same?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
dbacks fan
« Reply #1367 on: November 27, 2011, 02:16:57 pm »

Even if it was Yellowstone OWS and animal rights groups aren't in the same park.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1368 on: November 27, 2011, 02:39:41 pm »

Do you have a breakdown on the number of deaths due to "other activities"?  I would include suicide bombers and other Iraqi vs Iraqi activities such as civil war deaths as well as other foreign insurgents killing Iraqis as "other activities".

Other US military activities, like shooting.  From the Lancet.  Same people brought you the numbers that said Saddam Hussein had likely killed somewhere in the 150,000 to 200,000 of his own people with the chemical weapon equipment we supplied him.  And the same source Baby Bush depended on for one of the many parts of his justification to go into Iraq.  The ones who now give us the estimate of 1,000,000 civilians killed by our "activities" - and we don't count ourselves as suicide bombers.  (There is another estimate for the other things you are trying to divert with.  Will leave that as exercise to find, if anyone is interested.)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1369 on: November 27, 2011, 02:47:39 pm »

Were you PWI last night?

PWI - peace wit it??  No.
PWI - predominantly white institution?  Nope, not that either.
PWI - Perfect World International?  On can only hope for a perfect world.  But it ain't gonna happen, either.
Pwiff...  well, we'll just ignore that one...

PWI - posting while interesting.  YES!  Very definitely - that's the one!!!!!

Don't you wish you could do that, too?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1370 on: November 27, 2011, 03:15:04 pm »

PWI - posting while interesting.  YES!  Very definitely - that's the one!!!!!

No, definitely not that one.  Get out your dictionary again and find some more words starting with the letter "i".  I believe the first three letters ("int") were correct but you stopped too soon.

Wink

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1371 on: November 27, 2011, 03:17:01 pm »

You would never see this sign at a Tea Party ....
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1372 on: November 27, 2011, 03:28:44 pm »

Because there is no inconvenience to apologize for.  Change the world maybe yes, just not the way you want.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1373 on: November 27, 2011, 03:33:09 pm »

Or this:

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1374 on: November 27, 2011, 03:59:05 pm »

Other US military activities, like shooting.  From the Lancet.  Same people brought you the numbers that said Saddam Hussein had likely killed somewhere in the 150,000 to 200,000 of his own people with the chemical weapon equipment we supplied him.  And the same source Baby Bush depended on for one of the many parts of his justification to go into Iraq.  The ones who now give us the estimate of 1,000,000 civilians killed by our "activities" - and we don't count ourselves as suicide bombers.  (There is another estimate for the other things you are trying to divert with.  Will leave that as exercise to find, if anyone is interested.)

You believe the same source you condemn Bush for using?  I have looked around the internet a bit and most put your numbers as high by an order of magnitude.  Many specifically say the Lancet is just flat out wrong.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #1375 on: November 27, 2011, 04:11:23 pm »

So Red Arrow, how do you change the way we do business here in the USA? Do you not see the problem of politics being controlled by boards of directors and Chamber of Commerce's? Or, are you just another obstructionist who feels well enough alone?

Go back a page and read up.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1376 on: November 27, 2011, 04:47:25 pm »

So Red Arrow, how do you change the way we do business here in the USA? Do you not see the problem of politics being controlled by boards of directors and Chamber of Commerce's? Or, are you just another obstructionist who feels well enough alone?

I see just as much problem with politics being controlled by Unions (the organization, not the individual members acting as individuals).  Why do you always neglect that?  Is there any particular thing I've written, other than disagreeing with you, that would cause you to call me an obstructionist?  I'm sure we have differences of opinion on what the government should be doing for/to us.  You say obstructionist, I say preventing "you" from doing something drastically incorrect.  You may think that cutting off your arm would keep your smashed finger from hurting.  I would urge you to not cut off your arm.  Should we make it a government regulation that you cannot cut off your arm if you only have a smashed finger?

We could start by getting more people to vote.  The voter turnout in this country is abysmal.  Stop all political contributions by Corporations and Unions.  I have mixed feelings about expensive $/plate fund raisers.  For a long time the cry was that only rich Republicans benefited.  Obama has proven that to be incorrect.  Severely restrict any gifts to elected officials.  My employer deals with government contracts.  We cannot even buy government representatives lunch unless it is part of a working lunch brought in.  If a government rep joins a group of us after hours, he/she must buy their own food and liquid refreshment.  As I understand it, they cannot even be part of "buying the next round".   Lobbying should not be outlawed entirely.  For example, a couple of the aviation groups I belong to speak for me.  I cannot know everything going on in Washington that would affect my flying (planes).   Some regulations will be necessary.  Where to draw the line will always be in contention.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #1377 on: November 27, 2011, 04:58:30 pm »

I see just as much problem with politics being controlled by Unions (the organization, not the individual members acting as individuals).  Why do you always neglect that?  Is there any particular thing I've written, other than disagreeing with you, that would cause you to call me an obstructionist?  I'm sure we have differences of opinion on what the government should be doing for/to us.  You say obstructionist, I say preventing "you" from doing something drastically incorrect.  You may think that cutting off your arm would keep your smashed finger from hurting.  I would urge you to not cut off your arm.  Should we make it a government regulation that you cannot cut off your arm if you only have a smashed finger?

We could start by getting more people to vote.  The voter turnout in this country is abysmal.  Stop all political contributions by Corporations and Unions.  I have mixed feelings about expensive $/plate fund raisers.  For a long time the cry was that only rich Republicans benefited.  Obama has proven that to be incorrect.  Severely restrict any gifts to elected officials.  My employer deals with government contracts.  We cannot even buy government representatives lunch unless it is part of a working lunch brought in.  If a government rep joins a group of us after hours, he/she must buy their own food and liquid refreshment.  As I understand it, they cannot even be part of "buying the next round".   Lobbying should not be outlawed entirely.  For example, a couple of the aviation groups I belong to speak for me.  I cannot know everything going on in Washington that would affect my flying (planes).   Some regulations will be necessary.  Where to draw the line will always be in contention.

Well, I asked if you were an obstructionist and you turned it around by taking a question personally.

Looks like we agree about changing the controls on the Union of Congress....so, why do you seem so objectionable to OWS?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1378 on: November 27, 2011, 06:44:20 pm »

Well, I asked if you were an obstructionist and you turned it around by taking a question personally.

Looks like we agree about changing the controls on the Union of Congress....so, why do you seem so objectionable to OWS?

I have stated previously that I actually agree with some of the commonly assumed objectives.  I don't agree with most of the commonly portrayed (on the media) methods.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1379 on: November 27, 2011, 07:09:10 pm »

Oh but we did actually see things like that at Tea Party rallies. Wink

RA, there's no reason AOPA (to pick one example) ought not be able to send you newsletters and whatnot keeping you abreast of pending legislative and regulatory changes that you should be aware of.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org