A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 07:04:13 am
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383246 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1335 on: November 23, 2011, 07:51:20 pm »

They fit in with the poor who live on the streets and mingle with the civil disobedient in large cities.

Translation: I'm okay with it.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1336 on: November 23, 2011, 08:07:59 pm »

Translation: I'm okay with it.

I bet you like the neck.....

Yes, I am ok with weirdness. Just not your kind....
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1337 on: November 23, 2011, 09:25:38 pm »

Are you seriously comparing pepper spray to: sarin, mustard gas, and VS? If so, way to marginalize the violent deaths of around 5,000 men, women and children.

Pepper spray has 500,000 to 2 million Scoville units, akin to the hottest habanero peppers.  A jalapeno, by comparison, has 3-8 thousand units.

So military grade pepper spray is indeed a chemical weapon.  It's meant to be used at a distance of 10-15 feet so the product becomes a fine mist, in effect, becoming diluted with air.  At point blank range it is far more concentrated.

The difference between Saddam or our police officers using chemical weapons is a question of degree, not of kind.  Our police officers used a powerful chemical weapon on non-violent, unresisting protestors, something we would find reprehensible if it happened in some third world country.  It is no less reprehensible here, despite all your red herrings. 

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1338 on: November 23, 2011, 09:52:51 pm »

Pepper spray has 500,000 to 2 million Scoville units, akin to the hottest habanero peppers.  A jalapeno, by comparison, has 3-8 thousand units.

So military grade pepper spray is indeed a chemical weapon.  It's meant to be used at a distance of 10-15 feet so the product becomes a fine mist, in effect, becoming diluted with air.  At point blank range it is far more concentrated.

The difference between Saddam or our police officers using chemical weapons is a question of degree, not of kind.  Our police officers used a powerful chemical weapon on non-violent, unresisting protestors, something we would find reprehensible if it happened in some third world country.  It is no less reprehensible here, despite all your red herrings.  
Oh come on, spraying a product rated by Scoville equals this?:

How can you honestly make a connection?

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1339 on: November 23, 2011, 10:19:07 pm »

Oh come on, spraying a product rated by Scoville equals this?:

How can you honestly make a connection?

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension, Guido?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1340 on: November 23, 2011, 11:08:27 pm »

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension, Guido?

I don't think it's that.  It's the selectivity moreso...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1341 on: November 23, 2011, 11:10:55 pm »

Pepper spray has 500,000 to 2 million Scoville units, akin to the hottest habanero peppers.  A jalapeno, by comparison, has 3-8 thousand units. 

I took some of my home grown Habos to work.  One of the more accomplished pepper eaters ate one like an apple.  Never even broke a sweat.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1342 on: November 23, 2011, 11:13:53 pm »

I took some of my home grown Habos to work.  One of the more accomplished pepper eaters ate one like an apple.  Never even broke a sweat.

Damn.  Now, send him a Ghost Pepper (Bhut Jolokia) and see how that works out for him.

Grin

And actually, most habs rate between 200,000 to 300,000 units.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1343 on: November 23, 2011, 11:16:32 pm »

Damn.  Now, send him a Ghost Pepper (Bhut Jolokia) and see how that works out for him.

Grin

Still a bit warm for me to eat like an apple.  I do fine up through Cayenne, Serrano, and Tabascos. More than that, I need to dilute them some.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1344 on: November 23, 2011, 11:20:00 pm »

Still a bit warm for me to eat like an apple.  I do fine up through Cayenne, Serrano, and Tabascos. More than that, I need to dilute them some.

About the same with me, although I need the extra strength Zantac before I do.  I can handle the heat, but the reflux goes nuts if I don't make a pre-emptive strike on it.

And cayennes usually rate right at 50,000..that's still pretty damned hot.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1345 on: November 23, 2011, 11:28:26 pm »

About the same with me, although I need the extra strength Zantac before I do.  I can handle the heat, but the reflux goes nuts if I don't make a pre-emptive strike on it.

And cayennes usually rate right at 50,000..that's still pretty damned hot.

As long as we are off topic, peppers don't seem to bother my reflux.  Canned tomato products get me.  Pizza, spaghetti, chile...  Regular generic Zantac (Ranitidine) 150 mg from WalMart by prescription is 180 pills for $10.  Don't be so sure it's the peppers and not something else with it.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1346 on: November 24, 2011, 12:11:41 am »

So military grade pepper spray is indeed a chemical weapon.  It's meant to be used at a distance of 10-15 feet so the product becomes a fine mist, in effect, becoming diluted with air.  At point blank range it is far more concentrated.

The difference between Saddam or our police officers using chemical weapons is a question of degree, not of kind.  Our police officers used a powerful chemical weapon on non-violent, unresisting protestors, something we would find reprehensible if it happened in some third world country.  It is no less reprehensible here, despite all your red herrings. 

An addendum to that, the Canadian inventors never intended CS spray to be used on humans.
One good reason for that:  It's been known to kill humans.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/2011/11/21/about-pepper-spray/

The more worrisome effects have to do with inhalation – and by some reports, California university police officers deliberately put OC spray down protestors throats.  Capsaicins inflame the airways, causing swelling and restriction. And this means that pepper sprays pose a genuine risk to people with asthma and other respiratory conditions.
And by genuine risk, I mean a known risk, a no-surprise any police department should know this risk, easy enough to find in the scientific literature.

Pepper spray use has been suspected of contributing to a number of deaths that occurred in police custody. In mid-1990s, the U.S. Department of Justice cited nearly 70 fatalities linked to pepper-spray use.

http://duketox.mc.duke.edu/pepper%20spray.pdf

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #1347 on: November 24, 2011, 09:06:45 am »

Never thought sexual assaults, drug use, and public masturbation was trivial. Let's have you walk down memory lane and see your level of support for the tea party message:

Griz:  That idea is about as crazy as electing people with no critical thinking skills to positions of authority...

Your response:
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=16179.msg175946#msg175946

And let's not forget the tea bagger stuff:

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=13210.msg126957#msg126957

That is quite a stretch, even for you. You are confusing organized, orchestrated political tactics with a disorganized movement stemming from a general mood of discontent. There are more surprises coming for those of you who have accepted the abuse and exploitation of these demonstrations as the message rather than their origins. I don't believe that the OWS movement is going to ever be organized any more than Hippies ever were. They are, however, a canary in the mine shaft. They indicate a shift in the psychology of our population. Their effects on the country will manifest later.

The failure to understand that comes from not having much interface with different strata of demographics. We aren't talking to the same groups of people, therefore we all think we are in the majority. There is no conversation and there won't be. That comes from the increasing bifurcation of our population into groups that have little understanding of each others core values and issues.  School bus drivers rarely play golf with or have deep conversations with attorneys or software venture capitalists.  
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 11:58:28 am by AquaMan » Logged

onward...through the fog
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1348 on: November 24, 2011, 12:19:46 pm »

Grin

I got two huge containers of ghost peppers. Just 1 heats an entire pot of chili.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvK2Y1hv9mY[/youtube]

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1349 on: November 24, 2011, 02:07:41 pm »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/23/weapons-cache -found-during-zuccotti-park-clean-up-sources/?test =latestnews?test=latestnews

Apparently, a kitchen knife was found in a planter! In addition, they found metal bars that "could have been used as weapons." In addition, knifes, mace, and hypodermic needles were found in the New York city streets after the march on the Brooklyn Bridge.

This is getting serious folks. Pepper spray isn't working, time to get serious with these dangerous (and now armed) animals.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=12IjitV-qRc[/youtube]
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org