A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 10:04:13 am
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383297 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1155 on: November 16, 2011, 12:39:27 pm »

Not quite sure which category of prejudice Gaspar's posting is supposed to represent with that...
The anti-beard movement?  The youth-jealousy party?

You will probably have to turn away from MSNBC and KOS for just a moment.  Sorry.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/14/police-mcpherson-occupy-ortega_n_1093900.html?ref=occupy-wall-street

Big fan of beards.  I haven't shaved mine in 20 years.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:43:02 pm by Gaspar » Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1156 on: November 16, 2011, 01:22:49 pm »

You will probably have to turn away from MSNBC and KOS for just a moment.  Sorry.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/14/police-mcpherson-occupy-ortega_n_1093900.html?ref=occupy-wall-street

Ah, so the 1%er's are placing the blame on the OWS to deflect from the tea party's ill-timed attempt on the president's life.  Sad.

Bachmann prob wants Sasha's red shoes.  Diabolical.

Edited to add: 
WASHINGTON - The Secret Service says a man suspected of shooting the White House has been arrested at a Pennsylvania hotel.

The Pennsylvania State Police arrested Oscar Ramiro Ortega at a hotel near Indiana, Pa., the Secret Service said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57326113/suspect-arrested-in-white-house-shooting/
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 01:32:53 pm by Townsend » Logged
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1157 on: November 16, 2011, 02:12:52 pm »

Here come the fatalities:

Campus Police Kill UC Berkeley Student

BERKELEY -- A UC Berkeley spokesman identified the man shot to death Tuesday afternoon by campus police at the Haas School of Business as 32-year-old Christopher Nathen Elliot Travis, a transfer student to the school this fall semester.

There is no information connecting the shooting to Occupy Cal protests Tuesday on the campus, UC Berkeley spokesman Dan Mogulof said.

The man was shot by university police after he brought a handgun into a business school computer lab Tuesday afternoon, officials said.
The man was the only person injured.

The business school dean, chancellor and police chief met with Haas students Wednesday morning to brief them on the shooting and to alert them that the suspect was indeed a colleague.

The rare officer-involved shooting came as an unexpected twist to an already tense day on campus.

As students began their rally outside Sproul Hall and evicted Occupy Oakland protesters amassed at Frank H. Ogawa Plaza to march to Berkeley, a man, about 5-foot-8 and wearing a blue jacket and blue backpack, entered an elevator in the Haas School of
Business, said Lyle Nevels, the business school spokesman. A business school employee entered the same elevator, and as it ascended, she noticed the suspect pull out a handgun from his backpack and then place it back inside.

When three officers questioned the man, he said, the suspect pulled out the gun and "displayed it in a threatening manner." One officer fired multiple shots, Celaya said. The man did not return fire, and a handgun was found near him, Lt. Alex Yao said. No one else was injured.

The shooting was caught on a computer lab camera, and officials will review the tape, campus police Capt. Margo Bennett said.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1158 on: November 16, 2011, 02:18:13 pm »

Here come the fatalities:

There is no information connecting the shooting to Occupy Cal protests Tuesday on the campus, UC Berkeley spokesman Dan Mogulof said.

Sounds more like suicide by cop to me.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1159 on: November 16, 2011, 02:28:13 pm »

Sounds more like suicide by cop to me.

It's a patric post, which means that the police obviously stalked the guy for weeks, sneaked up behind him while he was minding his own business, shot him, and then planted the gun. Video will confirm all of this.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1160 on: November 16, 2011, 03:18:35 pm »

He's a little late too, there have already been fatalities.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1161 on: November 16, 2011, 04:34:51 pm »

He's a little late too, there have already been fatalities.

Those don't count because they were not the result of Jack-booted thugs. Roll Eyes

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1162 on: November 16, 2011, 05:58:52 pm »

Big fan of beards.  I haven't shaved mine in 20 years.

39 years in December

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1163 on: November 17, 2011, 08:00:54 am »

39 years in December

Hippy!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1164 on: November 17, 2011, 08:05:44 am »

39 years in December

Commie pinko perverse...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1165 on: November 17, 2011, 09:16:07 am »

Hippy!

Last day of Navy Boot Camp was the last time I shaved it all off.   

Sailors were allowed to have a beard then.  I never failed an inspection after the first one in Boot Camp (while clean shaven). I knew a few guys that were a few years younger that needed a few more years to grow a beard that would pass inspection.  I did get told to get a haircut occasionally but the beard was never an issue.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1166 on: November 17, 2011, 09:34:36 am »

Last day of Navy Boot Camp was the last time I shaved it all off.   

Sailors were allowed to have a beard then.  I never failed an inspection after the first one in Boot Camp (while clean shaven). I knew a few guys that were a few years younger that needed a few more years to grow a beard that would pass inspection.  I did get told to get a haircut occasionally but the beard was never an issue.

You look good!

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1167 on: November 17, 2011, 11:08:37 am »

You look good!

The coat is close.  The hat's wrong.  My hair is grey now but not then.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1168 on: November 17, 2011, 01:36:58 pm »

OWS San Diego holds a moment of silence in solidarity with the guy who shot at the White House.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dL7QRluEeEk#![/youtube]

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1169 on: November 17, 2011, 01:44:49 pm »

OWS San Diego holds a moment of silence in solidarity with the guy who shot at the White House.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dL7QRluEeEk#![/youtube]

Misspentunderstood youth.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org