A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 06:13:21 pm
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383386 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #975 on: November 06, 2011, 04:40:30 pm »

This just in:

"Police are reporting that many of the Occupy protesters are known heterosexuals!  We'll update this story at ten!"

LOL. Where do you come up with this smile.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #976 on: November 06, 2011, 08:28:51 pm »

I guess this was just a matter of time. LICE!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C5ypeLuKnLg#![/youtube]

Meanwhile, over at Occupy Boston:

Undercover cops probing reports of drug dealing in the tent city busted Atu Austin, 31, of Roxbury and Lamont Daughtery, 21, and Thomas McLaughlin, 29, both of Hyde Park, on charges of selling crack. The alleged drug deal began in the encampment and culminated near the Pine Street Inn homeless shelter, authorities said.

“As is evident by our recent drug arrests, we continue to send a very clear message to those individuals that drug distribution will not be tolerated,” Boston police spokeswoman Elaine Driscoll said.

In addition to the drug busts, several unruly homeless people have been removed from the site, including one who allegedly menaced Occupiers with a knife. Police are also probing Occupy-related vandalism downtown and expect arrests soon, Driscoll said.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/2011_1105hub_to_occupy_shape_up_or_ship_out/srvc=home&position=2

David
Citizen

« Reply #977 on: November 06, 2011, 09:39:22 pm »

I guess this was just a matter of time. LICE!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C5ypeLuKnLg#![/youtube]

Meanwhile, over at Occupy Boston:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/2011_1105hub_to_occupy_shape_up_or_ship_out/srvc=home&position=2

I was visiting Portland two weeks ago and stayed a couple of blocks from here. The rental company gave me a red Mustang for our day trip to the beach. So I drive and get stopped at a light. These people are holding up a sign that says "How is the war economy working for you?" I rolled down my window when it turned green and said "Awesome!" and burned tires.

I just could not resit myself. I drive an economy car in real life, by the way.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #978 on: November 07, 2011, 11:11:24 am »

Very interesting.  OWS has published numbers on its population.  They promote the study on their own website.

http://occupywallst.org/media/pdf/OWS-profile1-10-18-11-sent-v2-HRCG.pdf

The makup in age, political affiliation, and other metrics is way off the general population.

Doesn't seem like that represents the 99%.

Especially interesting is that OWS is only comprised of a 1.3% African-American population.

When compared with polls on the Tea Party, it seems that OWS is primarily a white youth organization.

I wonder if anyone has told Jessie Jackson?  He's there today.  If he leaves, he may drop the African-American population below 1%.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #979 on: November 07, 2011, 11:16:09 am »

Doesn't seem like that represents the 99%.

They're a subset of the 99%.  Maybe they are the 1% of the 99%.  Cheesy

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #980 on: November 07, 2011, 03:51:10 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrWOKc3b0TI&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

The Occupiers are now protesting themselves.

Woman: Who knows why we’re here? Who does not know why we’re here, raise your hand.

Man: Over here, I don’t know what the hell you people are doing here because you’re f@cking smile up.

Woman: Mic check. We are here because, in case you haven’t noticed, this camp is a growing clusterf@cker: Drugs. Selling. Sex offenders. Heroin. Meth. No one has abided by the values that you [inaudible]. Peace and safety can’t handle it. Last Wednesday somebody almost died. [inaudible] We are here to ask for a united community. Solidarity. Medical. Peace and safety. Kitchen…A survey has been done of this community and guess what. The majority of you said that the GA doesn’t represent you. So, any decisions about safety issues at this time are not effectively made by the GA. This is why we are interrupting service and occupying the kitchen so that the real occupiers, which is you all, can finally come together and make some decisions…something has to be done.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #981 on: November 07, 2011, 04:47:37 pm »

I was downtown today on business and decided to drive over to the Occupy Tulsa protest. What a freakin joke. Looked like no more than 30 people were down there and a few tents.

So much truth in this South Park clip at the link

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2011/11/05/saturday-night-funny-video-mocking-media-s-infatuation-occupy-protests

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #982 on: November 07, 2011, 04:49:49 pm »

I was downtown today on business and decided to drive over to the Occupy Tulsa protest. What a freakin joke. Looked like no more than 30 people were down there and a few tents.

Out of curiosity, how many did you think Tulsa could muster?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #983 on: November 07, 2011, 05:08:37 pm »

Out of curiosity, how many did you think Tulsa could muster?

I don't know. What's the population of Tulsa metro area? 750K or more. A percent calculator I used found 30 of 750K is .004% or so percent of that population. The point I was making is that tiny group of people should not garner the media attention it is getting. And again, I actually appreciated some reasoned opinions coming from some in the group, but I had no idea about its size.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #984 on: November 07, 2011, 05:12:25 pm »

The original Tea protest in 1773 in Boston had 30 people dumping tea in the harbor. What a freakin joke.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #985 on: November 07, 2011, 05:16:33 pm »

Takes one to.....
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #986 on: November 07, 2011, 05:19:29 pm »

I don't know. What's the population of Tulsa metro area? 750K or more. A percent calculator I used found 30 of 750K is .004% or so percent of that population. The point I was making is that tiny group of people should not garner the media attention it is getting. And again, I actually appreciated some reasoned opinions coming from some in the group, but I had no idea about its size.

Size this up: Our Mayor sent in TPD (rumor has it they are rent a security firm stand ins to avoid "liability" issues) for political purposes. Dewey is his father's son....and that nut doesn't fall far from the tree.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #987 on: November 07, 2011, 05:27:53 pm »

The original Tea protest in 1773 in Boston had 30 people dumping tea in the harbor. What a freakin joke.

Occupy Tulsa=Boston Tea Party? Wow.

dbacks fan
« Reply #988 on: November 07, 2011, 05:38:47 pm »

I think most of them will be gone by the end of the month. I just think their lack of real orginazation will be their downfall, and if true that the group in Portland is protesting against each other it's the beginning of the end for OWS.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #989 on: November 07, 2011, 07:11:01 pm »

Give me my breadsticks now or I'm going to kick your @ss.

Also on Sunday, police said several Occupy Portland protesters threatened to assault employees of a Pizza Schmizza restaurant and vandalize the business when employees told them they ran out of breadsticks for their order.

According to a Pizza Schmizza spokeswoman, a lone man got mad when he was told by employees that he would have to wait 15 minutes for some breadsticks to bake.

The man then reached for the tip jar and threatened to get more people from the Occupy camp to vandalized the store, spokeswoman Holly Earle-Schultze said. That's when staff members called police.
http://www.katu.com/news/local/133375508.html

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org