A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 10:08:09 am
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383297 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #900 on: November 03, 2011, 09:59:28 am »

+1

here: Ineptocracy (in-ept-oc-ra-cy) System of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. Ineptocracy: simply stated, "Entitlement Mentality" as in the mediocrity that is sinking Europe.

AMBER ALERT!  Someone has kidnapped Teatownclown and hacked his account.
(or I missed his sarcasm sign)
 Grin

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #901 on: November 03, 2011, 10:03:00 am »

LOL RA....

Oakland got too fired up last night.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/03/us/occupy-demonstrators/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Want to bet that was the cops inside the movement? Nah...just a guess. Or, Lee Atwater's Children.....but the anarchists are the soft spot for the OWS 'movement'. The media, from whichever angle, will always show the most radical/violent imgages available. if bleeds, it leads....
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #902 on: November 03, 2011, 10:33:44 am »

When I was working on my bachelors degree in mechanical engineering, I actually wanted to pursue the aerospace option in mechanical engineering.  There was a slow down then in the aerospace industry and aerospace engineers were driving taxis all over the country.  I chose the general practitioner route of mechanical engineering. There were only a handful of elective courses within the engineering department involved in the difference.  

Sidebar;

There are only two types of engineers - Mechanical and Electrical.  Everything else is a subset of one of those, except for Chemical.  And I have a very strong suspicion that it is more a science than engineering.

(And Electricals can do everything Mechanicals can do, but not vice-versa...LOL!  Sorry, just had to throw that in...)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #903 on: November 03, 2011, 11:36:16 am »

Sidebar;
There are only two types of engineers - Mechanical and Electrical.  Everything else is a subset of one of those, except for Chemical.  And I have a very strong suspicion that it is more a science than engineering.
(And Electricals can do everything Mechanicals can do, but not vice-versa...LOL!  Sorry, just had to throw that in...)

Some electricals think they can do mechanical better than they actually can.  The equations are all the same but when you change the names of the variables, perspective of what is realistic goes out the window. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #904 on: November 03, 2011, 12:05:30 pm »

Some electricals think they can do mechanical better than they actually can.  The equations are all the same but when you change the names of the variables, perspective of what is realistic goes out the window. 

Just a matter of practice...

I started out pointed at Mechanical, then got turned to the 'dark side' about half way through.  Still play with some mechanical stuff, but when I design something it is WAY overdone!  Example; small trailer frame to hold about 7,500 lbs, when frame design was complete and built, turned out the design load is 48,000 lb (by calculation with 2.5 safety margin).  Had it verified by good friend ME and he kind of laughed at me and said I overdid it.  Yeah, I know...

Too much is never enough!  Oh, wait,...that's a different era...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #905 on: November 03, 2011, 12:29:51 pm »

Example; small trailer frame to hold about 7,500 lbs, when frame design was complete and built, turned out the design load is 48,000 lb (by calculation with 2.5 safety margin). 

So you designed a trailer to hold a Mega Farad.  Cheesy

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #906 on: November 03, 2011, 01:09:33 pm »

Well, we knew this was going to happen.

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2011/11/south-park-takes-on-occupy-wall-street.html

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #907 on: November 03, 2011, 01:42:09 pm »

So you designed a trailer to hold a Mega Farad.  Cheesy

Or two.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #908 on: November 03, 2011, 02:36:18 pm »

More up yours alley.... http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s09e02-die-hippie-die

Looks like we may have found the OWS leaders! This dates back several years and way ahead of the time....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #909 on: November 03, 2011, 02:48:46 pm »

+1

here: Ineptocracy (in-ept-oc-ra-cy) System of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. Ineptocracy: simply stated, "Entitlement Mentality" as in the mediocrity that is sinking Europe.

Awesome!  That's some good smile right there.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #910 on: November 03, 2011, 02:52:17 pm »

More up yours alley.... http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s09e02-die-hippie-die

Looks like we may have found the OWS leaders! This dates back several years and way ahead of the time....

This is great!  South Park has always been good, but this is fantastic!!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #911 on: November 03, 2011, 04:28:32 pm »

This is great!  South Park has always been good, but this is fantastic!!

"The college, know-it-all hippies"...awesome.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #912 on: November 03, 2011, 05:15:10 pm »

Because this man is a soldier, his opinion counts more.  Tongue

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #913 on: November 03, 2011, 06:41:53 pm »

Just like the tea party.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/02/tonye-iketubosin-arrested_n_1072367.html

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #914 on: November 03, 2011, 07:13:41 pm »

He will run for office some day as a Democrat and it will be brushed off as "youthful indiscretion"  Tongue

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org