A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 12:32:42 pm
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383304 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #870 on: November 02, 2011, 09:40:19 pm »

dbacks, you don't have an issue with setting up alcohol checkpoints at all major city intersections ....do you? What about on your corner? or your new neighborhood, Guido? You'd be endeared to your new neighbors much like you are around these threads.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #871 on: November 02, 2011, 09:42:11 pm »

Your front yard is (probably) not public or public access property.  Your front sidewalk may be fair game.  Publish your address and you may get some company.

Does someone's right to protest include the right to preclude me from doing what I want to do, such as go to work, do business with a bank you don't like or even just walk down a sidewalk?  Attitudes like that start riots.

walk around them.... you don't seem like a whiner. There will be no riots unless Lee Atwaters children start them....
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #872 on: November 02, 2011, 09:43:20 pm »

PLEASE....this is not "goading".....

Your opinion, I disagree.

You've made an incredibly inane statement with regard to the students at Kent State murdered by orders from the Governor. They weren't necessarily willing to die for their cause.

Anyone willing to throw rocks at armed National Guard troops is willing to die for their cause.  Up until then I respected their dedication. Show me the transcript where the Gov gave the order to murder peaceful protesters.

dbacks fan
« Reply #873 on: November 02, 2011, 09:48:19 pm »

How about we start door to door sweeps for illegal drugs starting at your place?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #874 on: November 02, 2011, 09:49:13 pm »

walk around them....

I would, if able.  From what I have seen so far, that would be easily done with the possible exception of being forced into the street due to lack of space.  Then I could get arrested for jaywalking through no fault of my own.  That would make me very unhappy and unsympathetic to their cause.  Keep in mind I agree with some of the stated complaints by the OWSers.  I mostly disagree with the few solutions I have seen and heard.

I do, however, see the possibility of this escalating to something like the vicious union strike and company lockout situations of the early union days. That I cannot approve.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #875 on: November 02, 2011, 09:55:07 pm »

Your opinion, I disagree.

Anyone willing to throw rocks at armed National Guard troops is willing to die for their cause.  Up until then I respected their dedication. Show me the transcript where the Gov gave the order to murder peaceful protesters.

proof:""There's been a grave injustice for 40 years because we lacked sufficient evidence to prove what we've known all along - that the Ohio National Guard was commanded to kill at Kent State on May 4, 1970."  http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2010/05/new_analysis_of_40-year-old_re.html

J Edgar, Nixon, Rhodes....set an example of what not to do....all had bloody trigger fingers.

And yes, the Union Workers are now allied in Oakland. http://www.truth-out.org/source-port-oakland-effectively-shut-down-solidarity-o
ccupy-oakland-general-strike/1320253405

http://tinyurl.com/42mvd2l

"Despite push-back from union leaders and the management at the Port
of Oakland, rank and file longshoremen are adamant that many
longshoremen decided not to work today and disrupted work at the Port
of Oakland today, in solidarity with the general strike called by the
Occupy Oakland protesters."
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #876 on: November 02, 2011, 10:00:27 pm »

BUT, it's time to change the way elections are funded and the way politicians are allowed to gain at everyone's expense.

I ageee with election funding needing reform.

1. Individual contributions only.
2. No Union or Corporation financial support as an organization.  Individual members may contribute as desired.
3. Caps on contributions, including expensive fund raising dinners and other loopholes.  
4. No PAC or other Lobby money.  PACs and Lobbying would be permitted but no gifts or donations, period.  Not even a free drink or hamburger.
5. Probably more loopholes I am not aware of need to be closed.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #877 on: November 02, 2011, 10:02:06 pm »

One dead... let's hope no more.

But look at this: http://occupywallstreet.tumblr.com/

Oakland has become the epicenter. No winter there.....

Seems like a much bigger movement than the Teabagger/GOP Movement.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #878 on: November 02, 2011, 10:07:35 pm »

proof:""There's been a grave injustice for 40 years because we lacked sufficient evidence to prove what we've known all along - that the Ohio National Guard was commanded to kill at Kent State on May 4, 1970."  http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2010/05/new_analysis_of_40-year-old_re.html

An order to fire in the field is not the same as the Governor giving a premeditated order to murder the protesters.  Try again. 

And yes, the Union Workers are now allied in Oakland.

"Despite push-back from union leaders and the management at the Port
of Oakland, rank and file longshoremen are adamant that many
longshoremen decided not to work today and disrupted work at the Port
of Oakland today, in solidarity with the general strike called by the
Occupy Oakland protesters."

If the Union workers choose to honor the strike, that's OK by me as long as they don't stop someone who wants to work.  The non working workers should be prepared to suffer some financial consequences (no pay for not showing up) unless they have some vacation or sick time to use.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #879 on: November 02, 2011, 10:08:16 pm »

And Guido, those demonstrators pay for the parks......

They do? I read 1 in 3 pays no taxes. And for this taxpayer, obey the law and get out.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #880 on: November 02, 2011, 10:09:59 pm »

An order to fire in the field is not the same as the Governor giving a premeditated order to murder the protesters.  Try again.  

If the Union workers choose to honor the strike, that's OK by me as long as they don't stop someone who wants to work.  The non working workers should be prepared to suffer some financial consequences (no pay for not showing up) unless they have some vacation or sick time to use.

And quoting a blog isn't exactly scholarly material. 

I'd love to know if debate judges accept sources from the blogosphere these days.  I remember when I was in debate 30 some years ago in high school, we had to actually thumb through volumes of nationally recognized magazines as well as peer reviewed research papers and books for our war chest of evidence to build our case. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:12:58 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #881 on: November 02, 2011, 10:11:11 pm »

They do? I read 1 in 3 pays no taxes. And for this taxpayer, obey the law and get out.

They purchase some things..... last I looked, those taxes go for maintaining parks.

Are those protesters doing you damage? I mean recent direct damage resulting from their actions?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:13:08 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #882 on: November 02, 2011, 10:11:26 pm »

Can't work there.  Probably cronies of the Koch Brothers and run and owned by a bunch of 1%'ers.

Yeah, it is.  But not the Koch Brothers.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #883 on: November 02, 2011, 10:14:37 pm »

Yeah, it is.  But not the Koch Brothers.

You don't read my writing very well, neither does the commenter earlier who made the John Zink comment.  "Probably cronies of the Koch Brothers" ring a bell?

I'm starting to think everyone on here suffers from ADHD.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #884 on: November 02, 2011, 10:16:29 pm »

Conan, the blog has links to forensic experts data. Kent State was a government instigated mass murder. And it was the single moment in time that American's declared "out now" the catalyst to the end.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org