A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 11:52:13 am
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383303 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #855 on: November 02, 2011, 03:28:12 pm »

However, if you would be so kind as to take some of those free reading glasses, I will have to sacrifice less. Wink

Give me a call.... 918-BR-549

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #856 on: November 02, 2011, 06:08:18 pm »

After watching the National news display our coppers in Teatown holding heads and smearing pepper spray on occupiers I say "pigs."

This doesn't need to happen here.

Fail, Chucky. The abusers=TPD.

http://hypervocal.com/news/2011/starting-to-see-a-pattern-occupy-tulsa-protesters-pepper-sprayed-arrested/
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #857 on: November 02, 2011, 06:51:34 pm »

Little side note here;

Baker Hughes in Claremore has a pretty good bunch of jobs posted on their web site.  Some technical, some production.  All are likely to pay a little less than what one might expect, but probably as good as average around northeast Oklahoma.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #858 on: November 02, 2011, 07:24:46 pm »

Little side note here;

Baker Hughes in Claremore has a pretty good bunch of jobs posted on their web site.  Some technical, some production.  All are likely to pay a little less than what one might expect, but probably as good as average around northeast Oklahoma.

Can't work there.  Probably cronies of the Koch Brothers and run and owned by a bunch of 1%'ers.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #859 on: November 02, 2011, 07:56:52 pm »

After watching the National news display our coppers in Teatown holding heads and smearing pepper spray on occupiers I say "pigs."

This doesn't need to happen here.

Fail, Chucky. The abusers=TPD.

http://hypervocal.com/news/2011/starting-to-see-a-pattern-occupy-tulsa-protesters-pepper-sprayed-arrested/

I thought the protesters were required to leave the park at 11:00 per curfew laws. Why didn't they comply?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #860 on: November 02, 2011, 07:58:58 pm »

Can't work there.  Probably cronies of the Koch Brothers and run and owned by a bunch of 1%'ers.

Naw, that's John Zink.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #861 on: November 02, 2011, 08:23:39 pm »

I thought the protesters were required to leave the park at 11:00 per curfew laws. Why didn't they comply?

They did not comply because it's their right to protest. Curfews are not designed to put down a civil disobedience gathering.

Furthermore, did you see the film? Why so many coppers? Why the show of force? Don't you think the city's duty is to preserve and protect and not to harass and disrupt peaceful demonstrators? If you think these people from all backgrounds across our country don't have a purpose other than to skip work and disrupt business then you are wrong. Many of us are rooting for their ability to sway public opinion. Right now their aim is on the  banksters. Today the financial transaction fee started to become an actual talking point in DC.

But the next turn, come summer, will be to defang SCOTUS' edict of corporatism and get congress off the public corporate dole. And if Chuck Jordan and Dewey Bartlett think this makes Tulsa a better place by intimidating harmless non violent American citizens, they are wrong again.

It's illegal to drink and drive. Perhaps we need checkpoints at every major intersection after 11 to secure those rules get followed? %70 of all drivers after 10 have had a drink...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #862 on: November 02, 2011, 08:38:53 pm »

They did not comply because it's their right to protest. Curfews are not designed to put down a civil disobedience gathering.

Part of civil disobedience is to be willing to go to jail for breaking the law.  I think the idea is to overwhelm the jail with peaceful protesters.

Why does the protest have to be overnight when most people are at home not paying attention?  The protesters can go home, clean up, get some sleep and do it again the next day.  I don't stay awake all night hoping to catch something on the news about overnight antics of the protesters.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #863 on: November 02, 2011, 08:47:59 pm »

Part of civil disobedience is to be willing to go to jail for breaking the law.  I think the idea is to overwhelm the jail with peaceful protesters.

Why does the protest have to be overnight when most people are at home not paying attention?  The protesters can go home, clean up, get some sleep and do it again the next day.  I don't stay awake all night hoping to catch something on the news about overnight antics of the protesters.

Because they serve as bait to lure the police into furthering the cause through publicity.

I wonder how many TPDer's would agree with this: AN OPEN LETTER TO THE CITIZENS OF OAKLAND FROM THE OAKLAND POLICE OFFICERS’ ASSOCIATION
http://www.opoa.org/uncategorized/an-open-letter-to-the-citizens-of-oakland-from-the-oakland-police-officers%E2%80%99-association/

"He has a right to speak," said the cop to the banker
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/11/02/1032624/-He-has-a-right-to-speak,-said-the-cop-to-the-banker

Come on Tulsa, quit forcing your police into ugly and unnecessary predicaments.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #864 on: November 02, 2011, 08:56:19 pm »

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #865 on: November 02, 2011, 09:18:46 pm »

And like I wrote earlier, why not camp out on the BA on a Monday morning then? Why not peaceably assemble in the mayor's office or on my front yard?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 09:25:41 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #866 on: November 02, 2011, 09:28:16 pm »

Because they serve as bait to lure the police into furthering the cause through publicity.

I have no respect for someone or group trying to goad the police into action which would be regretted by all.  The kids at Kent State got lots of publicity.  I thought they were really stupid.  Being willing to die for a cause goes beyond peaceful demonstration.  

If what is reported is the truth, whole truth, and nothing but the truth, the guy handing out flyers is doing what he is allowed to to.  Considering the source, dailykos, I suspect that something has been omitted or otherwise glossed over.   You don't trust Fox (neither do I totally), I view sources like dailykos with a great deal of distrust.

dbacks fan
« Reply #867 on: November 02, 2011, 09:32:01 pm »

Clown, why not let them camp in your yard since you want to coddle and console them so bad, or better yet, go join them since you and them are so righteous in how you are so down trodden.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #868 on: November 02, 2011, 09:35:21 pm »

I have no respect for someone or group trying to goad the police into action which would be regretted by all.  The kids at Kent State got lots of publicity.  I thought they were really stupid.  Being willing to die for a cause goes beyond peaceful demonstration.  

If what is reported is the truth, whole truth, and nothing but the truth, the guy handing out flyers is doing what he is allowed to to.  Considering the source, dailykos, I suspect that something has been omitted or otherwise glossed over.   You don't trust Fox (neither do I totally), I view sources like dailykos with a great deal of distrust.

PLEASE....this is not "goading"..... You've made an incredibly inane statement with regard to the students at Kent State murdered by orders from the Governor. They weren't necessarily willing to die for their cause.

And Guido, those demonstrators pay for the parks...... They'd have no witness here. I've never said I was downtrodden. BUT, it's time to change the way elections are funded and the way politicians are allowed to gain at everyone's expense. Change you just hate, Guido.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #869 on: November 02, 2011, 09:36:56 pm »

And like I wrote earlier, why not camp out on the BA on a Monday morning then? Why not peaceably assemble in the mayor's office or on my front yard?

Your front yard is (probably) not public or public access property.  Your front sidewalk may be fair game.  Publish your address and you may get some company.

Does someone's right to protest include the right to preclude me from doing what I want to do, such as go to work, do business with a bank you don't like or even just walk down a sidewalk?  Attitudes like that start riots.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org