A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 03:25:12 am
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383552 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #615 on: October 27, 2011, 02:09:31 pm »

And what was it, exactly, that they needed donations for?  They are basically living like homeless bums and I wasn't aware Paypal donation accounts were in vogue amongst hobos these days.

Especially since Paypal is one of the targets of Anonymous (the "hacker group" that lives in Kevin's mom's basement), and claims to be OWS's "special friends."

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #616 on: October 27, 2011, 02:28:22 pm »

Here is another encounter between Schiff and OWS. This is perhaps one of the better videos as it provides insight to the many issues OWS participants believe in. Some I agree with btw.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGL-Ex1CD1c&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #617 on: October 27, 2011, 02:37:12 pm »

Here is another encounter between Schiff and OWS. This is perhaps one of the better videos as it provides insight to the many issues OWS participants believe in. Some I agree with btw.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGL-Ex1CD1c&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Uh oh, are we going to see you in the midst of these hippies one of these days, camped out on your Mac looking up legal briefs?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #618 on: October 27, 2011, 02:39:49 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y28yFxLydzU#![/youtube]

England is on the verge of class warfare....Schiffty ought not to start it up. It's not courageous to try to bait the protesters. One must appreciate the open discussion and level heads as opposed to what we saw with those Teabaggers.

The %99 movement is interested in changing government... Government is the problem not business.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #619 on: October 27, 2011, 03:03:06 pm »

Shameful....don't the conservatives have better things to do?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tFnotKQNaeY[/youtube]

Koch Head Conservative Filmmaker Hands Out Bongs At #OWS

http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/conservative-blogger-hands-out-bongs-ows-ho

"It's ironic to me to watch someone claim to be standing for constitutional rights and liberty, a la Cato/Koch and yet sneer at the people out protesting, exercising their right of assembly and speech. Maloney is predictably conservative: ready to defend the rights of conservatives, and everyone else be damned. Oh, and if he can set them up to look like perennially-high, dope-smoking hippies? Even better."
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #620 on: October 27, 2011, 03:46:00 pm »

The %99 movement is interested in changing government... Government is the problem not business.

You don't think that reducing the influence of corporate money in politics would change business quite drastically?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #621 on: October 27, 2011, 04:42:41 pm »

You don't think that reducing the influence of corporate money in politics would change business quite drastically?

Why stop at corporate? What about union and ABA money flooding the democrat party?

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #622 on: October 27, 2011, 04:43:52 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y28yFxLydzU#![/youtube]

Then why are the hippies at Wall Street? Government is in D.C. Someone not give these deadheads a map?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #623 on: October 27, 2011, 04:44:07 pm »

Why stop at corporate? What about union and ABA money flooding the democrat party?

Count me in.

I wonder what kind of candidates there'd be if the lobbying was cut to diddly.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #624 on: October 27, 2011, 04:45:49 pm »

Uh oh, are we going to see you in the midst of these hippies one of these days, camped out on your Mac looking up legal briefs?

Um, no. I have an affinity for bathing, shelter, and not smelling like @ss and weed.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #625 on: October 27, 2011, 04:47:23 pm »

Count me in.

I wonder what kind of candidates there'd be if the lobbying was cut to diddly.
They would have to be personally uber-wealthy to be able to afford a national campaign. Bill Gates v. the Koch brothers

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #626 on: October 27, 2011, 05:01:43 pm »

What the hell is this guy doing at Occupy Phoenix?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjOwSIsgE8c&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Is "J.T." this guy? One website is reporting that to be the case.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/profiles/jt-ready
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:03:36 pm by guido911 » Logged

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #627 on: October 27, 2011, 05:11:31 pm »

You don't think that reducing the influence of corporate and Union money in politics would change business and Unions quite drastically?

Let's keep it fair and balanced.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #628 on: October 27, 2011, 05:52:16 pm »

I didn't say that we should stop there. I said removing corporate money from politics would change business.

FWIW, among the top 140 reported direct donors since 1989 corporate giving totaled around $1.2 billion while unions only gave a little under $660 million. Professional organizations, of which ABA is but one only donated a little under $141 million. Interestingly, ActBlue is #1, but even including them, lobbying organizations/think tanks in the top 140 only gave a little over $151 million. Donors that I could not identify offhand as being one of the previous groups accounted for almost $89 million in giving.

Edited to add: Also, donations from professional organizations like ABA, AICPA, AMA, and so on have actually not been heavily biased towards Democrats. In fact, Republicans got more donations from that group than Dems did, about $74.5 million for Republicans and $63.5 million for Democrats. Unions, on the other hand, definitely send most of their money to Democrats. No wonder, though, given the unending demonization of unions by the Republican Party and most of its candidates.

Edited again to note: This doesn't include money spent on indirect ads or issue ads or anything else that doesn't get reported to the FEC, and I'm only using the top 140 donors.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:59:07 pm by nathanm » Logged

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #629 on: October 27, 2011, 06:09:11 pm »

Then why are the hippies at Wall Street? Government is in D.C. Someone not give these deadheads a map?

The %99ers know to protest at the source of all political evilness.

Deadheads don't need maps....they all carry gps and technology devices on themselves, cameras too. And they are everywhere...
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org