A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 12:07:10 pm
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383304 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #570 on: October 26, 2011, 02:13:45 pm »

This might hep....
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #571 on: October 26, 2011, 02:16:15 pm »

Which side?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #572 on: October 26, 2011, 04:00:26 pm »

Police brutality, Nate? Really? Maybe a little of this took place before the brutality ensued:

(Newser) – Hundreds of people protesting the eviction of the Occupy Oakland camp clashed with police last night. Police fired tear gas at least five times into a crowd attempting to retake the camp outside Oakland City Hall, the San Francisco Chronicle reports. The protesters regrouped after each tear-gassing, with some throwing paint, bottles, and other missiles at police in riot gear. A police spokesman says they had no choice but to use tear gas to protect officers, two of whom were injured by thrown paint and chemicals.

http://www.newser.com/story/131870/cops-occupy-protesters-clash-in-oakland.html

I may have issues with the police, but OWS attacking them and later b!tch about brutality after the police defend themselves (or retaliated) ain't going to fly with me.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 04:04:13 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #573 on: October 26, 2011, 04:02:22 pm »

This might hep....

We'll just forget about the racism, antisemitism, violence, drug use, vandalism, arrests, child endangerment, etc. at OWS.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #574 on: October 26, 2011, 04:44:21 pm »

Occupy Oakland issues a warning to Oakland PD from Kevin's mom's basement.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ieeNvciXULM#![/youtube]

Here is our hero whining about a Deep Space 9 episode.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EvmK7wUiPE&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #575 on: October 26, 2011, 05:42:59 pm »

Ignore Guido's red herrings.  Here's the beef:

http://news.businessweek.com/article.asp?documentKey=1376-LTNGHR6TTDS701-5VN16LH8N7D44BU3HUDM7JVRSJ

New York Working With Delaware on Criminal Foreclosure Probe

Oct. 26 (Bloomberg) -- New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is working with his Delaware counterpart, Beau Biden, to investigate what he called possible “criminal acts” by financial institutions tied to the foreclosure crisis.

“This was a man-made crisis -- it was created by regulatory neglect and greed,” Schneiderman said last night in a TV interview.

“Beau Biden, who is the attorney general of Delaware, and I thought we really needed to dig in a little bit deeper,” Schneiderman told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow. “We're also looking at the conduct of individual institutions and individuals to see if there were misrepresentations made, to see if there was any fraud committed, to see if criminal acts were also a part of this.”

We can discuss accountability, transparency, and responsibility, or we can allow ourselves to be distracted by a sideshow.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #576 on: October 26, 2011, 05:46:19 pm »

Peter Schiff vs. OWS

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/peter-schiff-takes-99

The first part is largely a filibuster by an OWS person, but from 1:50 to the end are comedy gold--especially when Schiff asks the woman how many people she employs. It really is a snapshot of the polar opposite views of tax policy.

edited.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 07:26:02 pm by guido911 » Logged

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #577 on: October 26, 2011, 06:42:53 pm »

Police brutality, Nate? Really? Maybe a little of this took place before the brutality ensued:

http://www.newser.com/story/131870/cops-occupy-protesters-clash-in-oakland.html

I may have issues with the police, but OWS attacking them and later b!tch about brutality after the police defend themselves (or retaliated) ain't going to fly with me.

http://news.yahoo.com/iraq-war-vet-injured-during-oakland-protests-210220379.html

onward...through the fog
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #578 on: October 26, 2011, 07:03:46 pm »

I saw that earlier today. Did the cops or fellow protesters launch the "projectile"?

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #579 on: October 26, 2011, 07:06:43 pm »

I saw that earlier today. Did the cops or fellow protesters launch the "projectile"?

Yeh, we won't know till some obscure filmaker runs a series on PBS about 20 years from now.

onward...through the fog
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #580 on: October 26, 2011, 07:21:58 pm »

especially when Schiff asks the woman how many people she employs

Hundred bucks a vote, then?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #581 on: October 26, 2011, 07:26:33 pm »

Hundred bucks a vote, then?

Huh

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #582 on: October 26, 2011, 07:48:05 pm »

Huh

You seemed to imply that the number of people you employ or the amount of money in your bank account has something to do with how much say a person should get in how our government works and how our society is structured.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #583 on: October 26, 2011, 07:57:03 pm »

You seemed to imply that the number of people you employ or the amount of money in your bank account has something to do with how much say a person should get in how our government works and how our society is structured.

It should be obvious that number of employees and $ in the bank do have something to do with.....

But they shouldn't.

There are offenders on both sides of center.  I actually don't understand wealthy liberals.  They should be sharing it with all the poor folks to the point where they are no longer wealthy. Comfortable would be OK but wealthy seems hypocritical.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #584 on: October 26, 2011, 08:05:06 pm »

He is not 'seeming to imply'...he has stated it outright on several occasions in the context of paying taxes.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org