A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 12:31:05 pm
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383304 times)
joiei
City Father

« Reply #450 on: October 21, 2011, 01:29:11 pm »

Cindy Sheehan's back. Media whore extraordinaire.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Xf9jiSsi5Qo#![/youtube]
Her and Sarah Palin are two peas in a pod,  media whores is a great description.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #451 on: October 21, 2011, 01:51:18 pm »

To Democrats, low wages are the problem.

To Republicans, low wages are the answer.

50% of us make less than $26,364 per year.  Kind of makes ya wonder how come the richest just don't get it?  I guess since they already got it, it don't matter...

http://news.yahoo.com/high-income-workers-share-total-wages-grows-231053534.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #452 on: October 21, 2011, 03:26:22 pm »

To Democrats, low wages are the problem.

To Republicans, low wages are the answer.

50% of us make less than $26,364 per year.  Kind of makes ya wonder how come the richest just don't get it?  I guess since they already got it, it don't matter...

http://news.yahoo.com/high-income-workers-share-total-wages-grows-231053534.html

What don't "the richest" get? That working hard, sacrificing, and being innovative is a bad thing? That their wealth should be seized by government and given to whiny college kids who majored in areas that interested them but are not in demand by employers?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #453 on: October 21, 2011, 03:35:13 pm »

What don't "the richest" get? That working hard, sacrificing, and being innovative is a bad thing? That their wealth should be seized by government and given to whiny college kids who majored in areas that interested them but are not in demand by employers?

While I have few illusions about any of this, Paris and Nicole thank you.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #454 on: October 21, 2011, 03:52:31 pm »

While I have few illusions about any of this, Paris and Nicole thank you.

Two trust fund babies justifies an attack on all the "rich"? If that's the best you got, wealth envy, to support heiron's "the richest" don't get it, then it's time to move to another issue. Like, guns, knives, and racism in Portland:

PORTLAND — A man who displayed a handgun at Occupy Portland’s downtown encampment after a dispute with protesters has been arrested, police said in a statement Thursday.

The argument took place Wednesday afternoon when 32-year-old Jason C. Parker was challenged verbally by protesters after filming tents, police said. One of the protesters used a racial epithet against Parker, who is black, police said.

A witness said Parker was filming inside tents without permission and displayed the gun more than once after protesters at the camp displayed knives.

“He pulled his shirt halfway up and showed me he had a piece,” said Jason Kersten, who works in the camp’s security group. “This is a peaceful protest. You don’t bring a gun.”

Kersten acknowledged that someone used a racial epithet.

“The N-word was used by some people in the camp,” he said.

http://www.registerguard.com/web/newslocalnews/27056920-41/protesters-parker-police-camp-displayed.html.csp

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #455 on: October 21, 2011, 04:03:43 pm »

Two trust fund babies justifies an attack on all the "rich"? If that's the best you got, wealth envy, to support heiron's "the richest" don't get it, then it's time to move to another issue. Like, guns, knives, and racism in Portland:

Defending those two makes as much sense as your defending every wealthy being on the planet.  

Not sure of the best route to tax but I'm sure they're capable of defending themselves.

Relax.  I'm sure they all appreciate your help.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #456 on: October 21, 2011, 05:30:53 pm »

Bringing a gun to a knife fight is probably smarter than bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Grin

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #457 on: October 21, 2011, 05:32:15 pm »

You must not be as rich as you try to let on.  You get it.

Grin

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #458 on: October 21, 2011, 05:58:31 pm »

You must not be as rich as you try to let on.  You get it.

Grin

I don't think I am rich at all. I just consider myself successful. Oh, I'm sorry, lucky.  Roll Eyes

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #459 on: October 22, 2011, 05:18:30 am »

It's time for the "Flea Party" to go away.....

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #460 on: October 22, 2011, 10:56:06 am »

Not going to happen.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ak70FTn4Br4[/youtube]

We need to run those crazy bald heads in congress out of office a year from now. This thing is bigger than you'll ever realize.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #461 on: October 22, 2011, 12:10:46 pm »

It's true.  The tea baggers have served their intended purpose by electing a Republican majority at the mid term.  Now, the traditional Republican elite is trying to leash them for the presidential election next year, knowing that the tea baggers are far too extreme to be allowed anywhere near the presidency or any serious policy making.  The problem is this dog bites indiscriminately, drawing blood from both Democrats and those Republicans who do not exhibit ideological purity along tea bagger lines. 

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #462 on: October 22, 2011, 12:49:49 pm »

It's true.  The tea baggers have served their intended purpose by electing a Republican majority at the mid term.  Now, the traditional Republican elite is trying to leash them for the presidential election next year, knowing that the tea baggers are far too extreme to be allowed anywhere near the presidency or any serious policy making.  The problem is this dog bites indiscriminately, drawing blood from both Democrats and those Republicans who do not exhibit ideological purity along tea bagger lines.

Nice.....

Sent from my AT&T Atrix4G using fat fingers

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #463 on: October 22, 2011, 01:38:49 pm »

Protests of summer 2012 will shape decade to come

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/10/14/INVM1LGC6L.DTL#ixzz1bCmEE6Rg

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #464 on: October 22, 2011, 04:16:31 pm »

What is the obsession with income disparity? Seriously. I don't think about the millions of people that earn more than me, much less what people earn making less than me. And how does increasing taxes on the 1%ers going to translate into jobs that will increase the low median income. All that will happen is an increase in government revenue, which will be spent how? Paying down the debt most likely. If the revenue were to be used to create more "shovel ready" jobs, then I would simply ask you to look at the wildly successful stimulus plan.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org