A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 09:07:53 am
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383294 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #390 on: October 17, 2011, 08:07:45 am »

So, a vet has a greater moral authority on a subject than anyone else. Good to know. Seriously, sometimes I think some in here lob in softballs on purpose.

Vet?

I suspect Breadhead is just someone's alter-ego who throws out his little dingleberry balls just to get reaction.  I do similar to that sometimes, too, just not with the sexual perversion side of it that he brings in so often.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #391 on: October 17, 2011, 09:22:53 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMjm4LxFa1c&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Coming to a protest near you: http://anp14.com/news/archives.php?report_date=2011-10-16

I tried that last week.  It didn't gain traction here  Roll Eyes

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #392 on: October 17, 2011, 09:28:10 am »

Well, with Lisa Fithan as one of the organizers for the NYC OWS group, you can bet the anti-semitic message is going to get louder.  She likes to regularly call for the destruction of Isreal.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #393 on: October 17, 2011, 10:47:26 am »

Re: anti-semitism, etc:  OWS has some of the same problems that the Tea Party did when it started . . . without a strong (or even a medium-strong) top-down leadership, there's no one to tamp down fringe voices.  The anti-semitism doesn't seem to be a central issue to the protests so far (that video notwithstanding) but it's obviously present here and there.  But Gaspar's putative leader who is calling for the destruction of Israel is definitely different than blaming the Jew Bankers for the crash.  I guarantee you they're two entirely different issues (one geopolitical and one definitely the worse kind of racism).    

And Re: lack of leadership . . . the problem with this type of organic protest is that it just begs to be co-opted.  The Tea Party got snapped up almost immediately and I'm a little surprised that OWS hasn't been bought out yet, either.  I think you can lay that at the doorstep of the Dem establishment, though . . . they've never been a particularly agile bunch, and much more comfortable playing defense.  

And Gassie:  who's compiling your Enemies List?  As is well established, I'm one of the most nefariously liberal posters here and you have a much better grasp of Who's Who In the Loony Left than I do.  Are you one of those guys who's joined the Rainforest Network just to get access to their staff lists? 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:51:36 am by we vs us » Logged
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #394 on: October 17, 2011, 12:41:43 pm »

Are you one of those guys who's joined the Rainforest Network just to get access to their staff lists? 

Be honest Gassy, which one of these folks is you?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VThQr8fDiLA[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #395 on: October 17, 2011, 12:45:55 pm »

Vet?

I suspect Breadhead is just someone's alter-ego who throws out his little dingleberry balls just to get reaction.  I do similar to that sometimes, too, just not with the sexual perversion side of it that he brings in so often.

You WAY over think things. I was responding to those that try to justify/tout things by throwing a military member that supports that precise thing. Since I am a vet (as is RA? and a few others), everything we support has more significance.  Tongue

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #396 on: October 17, 2011, 01:07:17 pm »

Vet?

You said "Dingleberry" and "Balls" in the same sentence...You are way more perverted than me.....You're dressing as Buffalo Bill for Halloween aren't you.....

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #397 on: October 17, 2011, 01:37:57 pm »

You said "Dingleberry" and "Balls" in the same sentence...You are way more perverted than me.....You're dressing as Buffalo Bill for Halloween aren't you.....

Guido said "military member"...who is he dressing up as for halloween?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #398 on: October 17, 2011, 01:58:42 pm »

Re: anti-semitism, etc:  OWS has some of the same problems that the Tea Party did when it started . . . without a strong (or even a medium-strong) top-down leadership, there's no one to tamp down fringe voices.  The anti-semitism doesn't seem to be a central issue to the protests so far (that video notwithstanding) but it's obviously present here and there.  But Gaspar's putative leader who is calling for the destruction of Israel is definitely different than blaming the Jew Bankers for the crash.  I guarantee you they're two entirely different issues (one geopolitical and one definitely the worse kind of racism).    

And Re: lack of leadership . . . the problem with this type of organic protest is that it just begs to be co-opted.  The Tea Party got snapped up almost immediately and I'm a little surprised that OWS hasn't been bought out yet, either.  I think you can lay that at the doorstep of the Dem establishment, though . . . they've never been a particularly agile bunch, and much more comfortable playing defense.  

And Gassie:  who's compiling your Enemies List?  As is well established, I'm one of the most nefariously liberal posters here and you have a much better grasp of Who's Who In the Loony Left than I do.  Are you one of those guys who's joined the Rainforest Network just to get access to their staff lists? 

We vs us, you are not all that liberal.  When things begin to break down, you typically revert to logic (a very un-liberal characteristic).  That is why I think most of your/our discussions remain civil and productive. If you were a real liberal, you would just start calling people names and revert to childish ridicule.

I don't have "enemies."  I just watch the little bouncing ball.   Wink

Also, it's never a good idea to run a Zentyal Box on the same IP address as your "General Assembly" site with a bunch of open ports.  Anonymous needs to change their name to "unemployed IT guys that live in Mom's basement and play Xbox all day."

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #399 on: October 17, 2011, 02:10:32 pm »

Guido said "military member"...who is he dressing up as for halloween?

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #400 on: October 17, 2011, 03:19:30 pm »

Not a big Stern fan, but this is HILARIOUS!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tsJPKMvWDmY#![/youtube]

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #401 on: October 17, 2011, 03:22:26 pm »

Also, it's never a good idea to run a Zentyal Box on the same IP address as your "General Assembly" site with a bunch of open ports.  Anonymous needs to change their name to "unemployed IT guys that live in Mom's basement and play Xbox all day."

That would be the goofballs who dreamed up the %53 movement at 3 in the morning on something similar to TNF. Maybe you and Gwe could start a movement...right wing radicals in Tulsa come up with the %9 Deadbeat Movement.

I was a buddy with Howard freshman year in college...we were in a class with L Ron Hubbard jr. and Howard would sit there and whisper, "trust me, he's from crazy..."
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #402 on: October 17, 2011, 03:25:32 pm »

She should have just said Zionists....when she added Jew, it became hate speak.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #403 on: October 17, 2011, 03:26:10 pm »

Vet?

+1
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #404 on: October 17, 2011, 03:30:48 pm »

LOL!!!!  Nice try, though!

I'm dressing up as Gene Simmons dressing up as Alice Cooper.

Or maybe just sit on the front porch sharpening a broad axe like I usually do....closest thing to a guillotine I can afford.  And wait for something tasty...  (heh, heh, heh,...he said broad!)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org