A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:07:13 pm
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383375 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #375 on: October 15, 2011, 11:20:07 pm »

Saw a group on the SE corner of 11th and Harvard today holding signs saying things like "How can I get a job when there are none to be had?" That argument is completely invalid in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Get over it and make something of yourself instead of whining on street corners.

Not too shabby for someone your age. I am favorably impressed and I do not intend that to be condescending.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #376 on: October 16, 2011, 08:36:52 am »

Saw a group on the SE corner of 11th and Harvard today holding signs saying things like "How can I get a job when there are none to be had?" That argument is completely invalid in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Get over it and make something of yourself instead of whining on street corners.

We are hiring, so is the bank in our building, and one of the energy companies. Most retailers are hiring now for Christmas. St. Francis and Hillcrest are both hiring for tons of positions. There are jobs locally if you are willing to work. I would love to see some of the resumes these folks are peddleing.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #377 on: October 16, 2011, 09:48:53 am »

We are hiring, so is the bank in our building, and one of the energy companies. Most retailers are hiring now for Christmas. St. Francis and Hillcrest are both hiring for tons of positions. There are jobs locally if you are willing to work. I would love to see some of the resumes these folks are peddleing.

I'm going to restrain myself, Gastriplebogey.  Suffice it to say, this movement is not only about jobs. It's about how to fix a crooked political system that is ruining our country.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/16/opinion/sunday/kristof-americas-primal-scream.html?_r=3

Because I know some won't read it, here are a few factoids:

¶The 400 wealthiest Americans have a greater combined net worth than the bottom 150 million Americans.

¶The top 1 percent of Americans possess more wealth than the entire bottom 90 percent.

¶In the Bush expansion from 2002 to 2007, 65 percent of economic gains went to the richest 1 percent.

"As my Times colleague Catherine Rampell noted a few days ago, in 1981, the average salary in the securities industry in New York City was twice the average in other private sector jobs. At last count, in 2010, it was 5.5 times as much. (In case you want to gnash your teeth, the average is now $361,330.)"

Jobs, justice, and education...Of course, it is more complicated than that. It's not about jobs in a bible thumping, mediocre quality of life crappy dirty environment city.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUwzXcHClGs&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Eric Cantor should go back to his mob in the GOP/Teabagging fringes.... those GOP politicians campaigned on job creation, too. They're liars, one and all. Don't be fooled for a minute that they're becoming sympathetic to the message. It's a Rope-A-Dope ploy. Cantor is after all as pure an anarchist as you can find. You don't hold your country's Treasury hostage and lower its credit rating unless you want it to fail, hoping to benefit from the carnage. Republicans are self-serving and would walk over the corpses of dead american soldiers, our civil rights, the constitution, and even their own GOD to get re-elected.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #378 on: October 16, 2011, 01:00:49 pm »

http://www.fart-sounds.net/fart_sound_board.htm

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #379 on: October 16, 2011, 01:02:58 pm »

Wow, how much brain power did that take?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #380 on: October 16, 2011, 02:19:26 pm »

Ah, more from Portland (language warning):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeuGx8PplAo[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #381 on: October 16, 2011, 02:35:45 pm »

Here's a bit more about this "freak out" bozo.

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/10/16/video-ows-meltdown-star-a-columbia-grad-student-with-a-trust-fund/

dbacks fan
« Reply #382 on: October 16, 2011, 04:44:40 pm »

^^^I posted some things about this guy yesterday.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #383 on: October 16, 2011, 06:03:37 pm »

^^^I posted some things about this guy yesterday.
Yeah, you did. Oopsie.

dbacks fan
« Reply #384 on: October 16, 2011, 07:23:24 pm »

Yeah, you did. Oopsie.

No prob, he's a real winner.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #385 on: October 16, 2011, 10:25:24 pm »

Marine SGT defends rights of the protesters.

I patiently await the resident AW for his response:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1O2WZXM_Iec[/youtube]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #386 on: October 17, 2011, 06:27:58 am »

Wow, how much brain power did that take?

EVERY bit as much as he has!!  Plus the extra effort of a couple of hard, heart felt grunts to aid the process!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #387 on: October 17, 2011, 07:26:28 am »

They will have to learn to read first.  The classifieds and Craigslist are chock full of jobs.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #388 on: October 17, 2011, 07:43:11 am »

EVERY bit as much as he has!!  Plus the extra effort of a couple of hard, heart felt grunts to aid the process!

So, a vet has a greater moral authority on a subject than anyone else. Good to know. Seriously, sometimes I think some in here lob in softballs on purpose.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #389 on: October 17, 2011, 07:47:35 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMjm4LxFa1c&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Coming to a protest near you: http://anp14.com/news/archives.php?report_date=2011-10-16
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 08:19:47 am by Gaspar » Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org