A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 03:39:00 pm
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383346 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #270 on: October 12, 2011, 12:14:46 pm »

The degree represented that he was trainable and had the discipline to set a goal and achieve it. 

The technical disciplines require the specific knowledge as part of their "toolbox" which also includes learning how to analyze a requirement and develop a solution.  A fresh engineering school graduate is not yet an engineer. It takes some experience. 

That is EXACTLY right and is what I have preached at any kid (mine and others) for years!  Trainable and able to complete a process/project - follow through from beginning, middle, to end.  (Kind of what ya get in a steroided way in engineering school.)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #271 on: October 12, 2011, 12:38:15 pm »

This is the most hilarious video of the OWS buffoons yet:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrPGoPFRUdc&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #272 on: October 12, 2011, 12:44:02 pm »

A major of study is not a "what do you enjoy" moment.  It is a choice that young people must make so that they may market themselves and become successful, so that they can then have the resourses to do the things they enjoy.  It is a means not an ends.

So wrong!  On so many levels!  If you had picked your carrier path based only on what made you marketable, I would truly feel sorry for you.  For every day of your work life!

If you don't do something out of having a passion and excitement about it - loving it!, you (the generic all encompassing everybody 'you') will be absolutely miserable and will NOT be the most productive contributor possible.  In fact, will make all around you miserable, too.

The kids have a wide range of talents across several areas (more than me) and I encourage them even today to find something they love, and do that for a career.  NO other path will work.  And our society cannot afford to compromise on the efficiency gain of employees loving what they do.  So far, kids have picked science and engineering fields - probably have a latent Asperger's gene running through to make them engineers.  (That's likely why there are so few engineers - there just isn't that much Asperger's in the population.)  I tried to guide them into more lucrative directions, but they would not be swayed.  Oh, well,... they will have to settle for NOT being a 1%er!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #273 on: October 12, 2011, 12:45:02 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrPGoPFRUdc&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

Truth hurts, don't it?

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #274 on: October 12, 2011, 12:54:38 pm »

Truth hurts, don't it?

What truth? I want someone to pay for my education just because I want them to? This punk was so befuddled by the questioner he actually spoke what the left stands for.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #275 on: October 12, 2011, 01:09:04 pm »

I think he's been hitting this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww[/youtube]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #276 on: October 12, 2011, 01:10:06 pm »

That Miss Teen contestant answer is mega cringe-worthy.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #277 on: October 12, 2011, 01:14:58 pm »

I think he's been hitting this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww[/youtube]

Bachmann campaign hired her for vetting questions.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #278 on: October 12, 2011, 01:43:51 pm »

Seems like many of you dislike the selfless while favoring the selfish. The GOP/Teabagger crowd's having a problem with non violent free speech civil disobedience?

You mean like this?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlPY9AfQFqI&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #279 on: October 12, 2011, 01:59:12 pm »

Bachmann campaign hired her for vetting questions.

Priceless.  I think she vetted Palin as well in ho' eight

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #280 on: October 12, 2011, 05:42:33 pm »

Hey, it's worth a try.  He might find someone ****** enough to pay his tuition.

****** =  politically correct derogatory term of your choice describing a liberal.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #281 on: October 13, 2011, 07:22:29 am »

What truth? I want someone to pay for my education just because I want them to? This punk was so befuddled by the questioner he actually spoke what the left stands for.

And yet the 1%ers expect all the rest of us to subsidize them to the tune of hundreds of billions per year.  And they get it!!

Have heard one of the R candidates (Perry??) talking about how expiring the Bush tax cuts would "only" bring in about 400 billion...nowhere near enough to cover the deficits alone.  True.  (Can't remember for sure, but I think he said this applied to the top 400 or so that get the biggest break.)

The thing is that 400 billion they get to keep by enjoying the 15% tax bill leaves a gap that the rest of us are paying on now.  To make up for that, IF each of us 99%ers paid an EXTRA $1,000 per year, it would take 4 million of us to make that up.  So we would THEN have a situation where the 1%ers are paying their 15%, and the 99%ers are paying their 18 - 19% and then they get to pay an EXTRA $1,000 per year.

These people may not understand much, but they DO understand the wrongness and inequality and unfairness of the current situation.  As do more and more 1%ers out there.  Just not ours.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #282 on: October 13, 2011, 07:45:15 am »

And yet the 1%ers expect all the rest of us to subsidize them to the tune of hundreds of billions per year.  And they get it!!

Have heard one of the R candidates (Perry??) talking about how expiring the Bush tax cuts would "only" bring in about 400 billion...nowhere near enough to cover the deficits alone.  True.  (Can't remember for sure, but I think he said this applied to the top 400 or so that get the biggest break.)

The thing is that 400 billion they get to keep by enjoying the 15% tax bill leaves a gap that the rest of us are paying on now.  To make up for that, IF each of us 99%ers paid an EXTRA $1,000 per year, it would take 4 million of us to make that up.  So we would THEN have a situation where the 1%ers are paying their 15%, and the 99%ers are paying their 18 - 19% and then they get to pay an EXTRA $1,000 per year.

These people may not understand much, but they DO understand the wrongness and inequality and unfairness of the current situation.  As do more and more 1%ers out there.  Just not ours.

Did you see that boat?

My income has very little to do with your income.  Warren Buffet's income has very little to do with mine.

Did you see that boat?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #283 on: October 13, 2011, 08:13:35 am »

That is the legacy of this protest.  The image that history will remember.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #284 on: October 13, 2011, 09:01:31 am »

That Miss Teen contestant answer is mega cringe-worthy.

She could be President.....

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org