A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:33:38 pm
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383379 times)
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2011, 04:49:26 pm »

Huh  Care to give an example of how the teabaggers crapped on the Constitution?

Let's start with Sharon Angle's "Second Amendment solutions" and the definition of treason in the Constitution:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying
War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving
them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted
of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the
same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

A person who advocates taking up arms against our government is likely guilty of treason, don't you agree?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2011, 02:36:31 pm »

You have to wonder whether or not these sort of distortions are deliberate.
It makes it look like people are protesting industry and jobs, rather than protesting the greedy Wall Street speculators that continued to be rewarded with tax money even after they ran the economy to the ground.
Surely no one would want to distract us from that...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2011, 03:37:10 pm »

Let's start with Sharon Angle's "Second Amendment solutions" and the definition of treason in the Constitution:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying
War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving
them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted
of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the
same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

A person who advocates taking up arms against our government is likely guilty of treason, don't you agree?

You mean, like the Civil War? I guess the south was guilty of treason. And that whole "First Amendment" things also seems to vitiate your point. Ed, the problem you and others have is that you think the "Tea Party" is some massively structured corporate being. It's not. It's made up of individuals and small groups all over the country gathering and voicing positions they believe in which happen to have a similar thematic with other like-thinking groups. Are there public persons that believe to be spokesmen? Yes. But I have been to a few of these tea party events and never once crapped on the constitution. I don't recall seeing others crapping on the constitution either. To the contrary, I think this was the oath both my wife and I once took:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

The tea party/teabaggers were relentlessly attacked as fringe, racist, violent, blah blah blah. I post a pic of some douchebag actually crapping on a law enforcement vehicle and thee is NO condemnation. Instead, I read irrelevant straw man argument.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2011, 04:03:47 pm »

You mean, like the Civil War? I guess the south was guilty of treason. And that whole "First Amendment" things also seems to vitiate your point. Ed, the problem you and others have is that you think the "Tea Party" is some massively structured corporate being. It's not. It's made up of individuals and small groups all over the country gathering and voicing positions they believe in which happen to have a similar thematic with other like-thinking groups. Are there public persons that believe to be spokesmen? Yes. But I have been to a few of these tea party events and never once crapped on the constitution. I don't recall seeing others crapping on the constitution either. To the contrary, I think this was the oath both my wife and I once took:

The tea party/teabaggers were relentlessly attacked as fringe, racist, violent, blah blah blah. I post a pic of some douchebag actually crapping on a law enforcement vehicle and thee is NO condemnation. Instead, I read irrelevant straw man argument.

Really?  So the Koch's haven't had a hand in funding the Tea Party?  Wow, you need a shovel to get your head out of the sand?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2011, 04:16:43 pm »

I post a pic of some douchebag actually crapping on a law enforcement vehicle and thee is NO condemnation.  

Playing NYPD as victim is a serious detachment from reality.  
Most of us have actually been paying attention to what has been going on:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgr3DiqWYCI[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6HbOcRDoMo

“This weekend a few troublemakers turned a peaceful protest against Wall Street greed into a violent burst of chaos. The troublemakers carried pepper spray, and guns, and were wearing badges”.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:33:02 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2011, 05:00:24 pm »

Really?  So the Koch's haven't had a hand in funding the Tea Party?  Wow, you need a shovel to get your head out of the sand?

Hey, what's a little funding among friends?  The right does it.  The left does it. No biggie as long as the protests are non-violent.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2011, 05:03:19 pm »

It makes it look like people are protesting industry and jobs, rather than protesting the greedy Wall Street speculators

Unless all the pictures I've seen are Photoshopped, some of them are protesting industry and capitalism in general.  Hopefully, they are a minority as I perceive the true wackos in the Teaparty to be a minority.

dbacks fan
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2011, 05:14:09 pm »

It makes it look like people are protesting industry and jobs, rather than protesting the greedy Wall Street speculators that continued to be rewarded with tax money even after they ran the economy to the ground.
Surely no one would want to distract us from that...

I posted this as a tounge in cheek comment, a friend sent it to me for a laugh. Here nis a link to Olbermans reading of their demand:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcurrent.com%2Fshows%2Fcountdown%2Fvideos%2Fspecial-comment-keith-reads-first-collective-statement-of-occupy-wall-street&h=BAQCbmBTlAQBEigvuYMX7DnaM_1L5gJdJA1SW61SxmGpN8g

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2011, 05:35:06 pm »

Hey, what's a little funding among friends?  The right does it.  The left does it. No biggie as long as the protests are non-violent.

Never said that the left didn't do it.  But for someone to say the TP is a 'grassroots' organization is hooey.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2011, 05:54:40 pm »

Never said that the left didn't do it.  But for someone to say the TP is a 'grassroots' organization is hooey.

I'll give you 50% hooey.  It started out grass roots then gained financial support.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2011, 06:34:42 pm »

You mean, like the Civil War? I guess the south was guilty of treason. And that whole "First Amendment" things also seems to vitiate your point. Ed, the problem you and others have is that you think the "Tea Party" is some massively structured corporate being. It's not. 

You neatly sidestepped my question, Guido, but that's expected.  And I was directing your attention to Sharon Angle's take on the Second Amendment, not the First.

But let's consider a comparison between crapping on a police car and advocating the overthrow of a duly elected government.  I'm thinking that you'd contend that the actions of a lone politician like Angle do not reflect the views of all the teabaggers, yet the lone protester crapping on a law enforcement vehicle reflects badly on the whole Occupy Wall Street movement.  Am I wrong in thinking that?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2011, 06:56:18 pm »

How do we know that pic was taken where and when you say? How can you tell he's part of a movement other than a bowel? Give me a break. NO, no condemnation for potential fiction when during the past two years you have defended the GOP/Teabagger alliance built on fear while mocking the peaceniks, the tolerant, and the progressives.

I always know when you ignore my replies to your reddish comments that I have your cause countered.

And for future reference, I'm the only clown here at TNF. Take your crap elsewhere....
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2011, 07:21:49 pm »

You neatly sidestepped my question, Guido, but that's expected.  And I was directing your attention to Sharon Angle's take on the Second Amendment, not the First.

But let's consider a comparison between crapping on a police car and advocating the overthrow of a duly elected government.  I'm thinking that you'd contend that the actions of a lone politician like Angle do not reflect the views of all the teabaggers, yet the lone protester crapping on a law enforcement vehicle reflects badly on the whole Occupy Wall Street movement.  Am I wrong in thinking that?

Lone protester? Look at this loser:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZZ710w6GXI&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

Turns out is was a complete fabrication:

Phone inquiries into the county property records & taxpayer services office reveal that the Stephens family home is not and never has been in foreclosure, that property taxes had been paid in full this year and the remaining balance on their mortgage for the half-million dollar home is less than one year’s worth of tuition+fees at their son’s law school.

The nail in this empty protest‘s coffin is a delightful phone conversation I just had with Robert’s mother, Marquita, where she admitted Chase Bank indeed was not “taking” their home from them. Instead, due to a recent “reduction in income,” they’ve decided to hold a “short sale.”

When I asked Mrs. Stephens if she and her husband planned to stay in their suburban St. Paul, Minn., surroundings after the sale, she told me they weren’t too keen on the idea.  The area is “a bit too conservative,” she said.
http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2011/09/26/video-liberal-protestor-chokes-on-silver-spoon/

Here's intelligent dialogue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Y9CARUwio&feature=player_embedded#!

and another (NSFW):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akseCQziD7E&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

(Why do idiots take their shirt off when when they want to fight--sheesh, protect your skin)

Plainly, these people want to overthrow the country:

As for sidestepping the issue, you tried the classic logic fallacy of a straw man to somehow explain away the grotesque conduct of that protester crapping on a car. What does Sharron Angle have to do with that? Nothing.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2011, 11:14:05 pm »

Plainly, these people want to overthrow the country:

As for sidestepping the issue, you tried the classic logic fallacy of a straw man to somehow explain away the grotesque conduct of that protester crapping on a car. What does Sharron Angle have to do with that? Nothing.

A revolt to overthrow imbalance and the lack of flexibility with our government is not an attempt to overthrow the country. It may well be a revolt to overthrow the big money and power of big money to buy our government. It's a movement to stop imbalance unless you are a reactionary. It's people calling for calibration and it's a social movement where people are saying no more exclusion of the mainstream center that does not want war and desires further punishment for the culprits who brought our economy to its knees.

Do you really like a government by special interests or do you prefer by and for the people? The %1 pays for campaigns. We need politicians who refuse to take contributions from these special interests. We need a massive social understanding to reform campaign shenanigan donations. That is going to continue to be the core support for the change.

Why do you like our democracy to be controlled by wall street? Can't wall street take a back seat to the citizenry? Wall street will not disappear nor be diminished by change.

Are you against social safety nets? What does our country need, Mr. Burns? Lower taxes? Try empowering our system instead of handing it over to pawns of the %1.
dbacks fan
« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2011, 12:28:06 am »

SHENANIGANS!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org