A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:51:46 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383623 times)
dbacks fan
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2011, 11:08:17 am »

We must take the blame for what placed Obama in office. I know that while I told everyone the war in Iraq was wrong I did not say it loud and strong enough. I know that when there were too many people buying houses they knew they couldn't afford I failed to shake them to their senses. I know that when tax cuts are made the end game is to shrink government and I was reluctant to remind others of the great potential of empowering the greatest government in the world by feeding the beast and strengthening regulations and improving the public education system. I failed to yell "stop" to pay day loans. I screwed up not pointing out that derivatives were nothing more than a scheme of conflicting financial instruments created from thin air that might turn into a world wide crisis. I still scream for single payer health care but Big Pharma, Insurance companies, and private hospitals have bought up DC. Nobody's fault but you, me, and the corporations hiding behind their Supreme tree.

Don't drop the blame in my lap, I didn't vote for Obama, and I didn't voted for W either time. Also I never voted for Inhoffe, Mayor or otherwise.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2011, 11:26:34 am »

Dang!

The official Occupy Wall Street protest in front of my office has proved to be a bit underwhelming.
Photo Removed

I had to remove that photo.  I just got $120 for it and 3 others.  Who'da thunk it.

Apparently the group failed to tip off the media and those members of the media that troll this site wanted photos.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:26:00 pm by Gaspar » Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2011, 11:58:39 am »

Don't drop the blame in my lap, I didn't vote for Obama, and I didn't voted for W either time. Also I never voted for Inhoffe, Mayor or otherwise.

Did you vote for someone else in those elections or just not vote?

dbacks fan
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2011, 12:57:23 pm »

^^^ I did vote, and I voted for someone else. I always exercise my right to vote.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2011, 01:00:33 pm »

Where can I find a pair of those glasses?
Here's a link to a pair of these:

http://www.cappelsinc.com/catalog.asp?prodid=733066&showprevnext=1

Best I could do for now.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2011, 01:09:31 pm »

Herman Cain sums up my opinion on this subject:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euw7aW1CAaw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2011, 01:13:06 pm »

Herman Cain sums up my opinion on this subject:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euw7aW1CAaw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

I heart the Hermanator!  The more he talks, the more I like him. 

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2011, 01:25:49 pm »

I heart the Hermanator!  The more he talks, the more I like him. 

So you obviously are not a racist.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2011, 01:41:19 pm »

I like that Herman Cain supported the bailouts and is firmly pro affirmative action.

When republicans learn this, he will drop in the polls.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2011, 01:55:09 pm »

Just found out from my "mole" that the Occupy Tulsa group will be protesting the Chase bank at 66th and Sheridan during lunch today.  I hope they wave to me.  I'm interested to see what their signs say.  I'll get some pics if I can.

I don't seem to recall you going out and photographing the Teabaggers here when they were rambling about. I guess you're not balanced.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2011, 02:10:45 pm »

So you obviously are not a racist.

He's assuaging my white guilt.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2011, 02:20:47 pm »

I don't seem to recall you going out and photographing the Teabaggers here when they were rambling about. I guess you're not balanced.

They weren't in front of my office window.  If they were, I would.  Especially for a hundred bucks!

I'm going to McGills on Occupy Tulsa tonight!

dbacks fan
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2011, 04:05:03 pm »

They weren't in front of my office window.  If they were, I would.  Especially for a hundred bucks!

I'm going to McGills on Occupy Tulsa tonight!

That's one way to stimulate the local economy!!  Cheesy
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2011, 05:04:46 pm »

Here's a link to a pair of these:

http://www.cappelsinc.com/catalog.asp?prodid=733066&showprevnext=1

Best I could do for now.

Thanks, Guido.  I saw some on e-bay too, but I'm thinking about hitting some local novelty stores this weekend.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2011, 10:04:56 pm »

Van Jones on America's Uprising: It's Going to Be an Epic Battle

http://www.truth-out.org/van-jones-americas-uprising-its-going-be-epic-battle/1317822661

a few excerpts:

"The Tea Party is an open-source brand," Jones explained, "that 3,528 affiliates use; none of them own it." For all their talk of rugged individualism, Jones said, the forces behind the Tea Party "have enacted the most collectivist strategy for taking power in the history of the republic."

"We went from hope to heartbreak in about a minute...We have the wrong theory of the presidency."

As for the rise of the right, Jones said, "I'm not mad at the Tea Party. I'm not mad at them for being so loud. I'm mad at us for having been so quiet the past two years."

Van Jones: We want to be a support center like FreedomWorks is a support center [for the Tea Party]. Everybody focuses on the money from the Koch brothers; they focus on Fox News TV. But they don't focus so much on infrastructure, and the relationship between the institutions. So we've tried to focus in on that.

"So it's just going to be an epic battle now between the worst people in America, the most selfish people in America, and the most selfless. And that's going to be amazing"

wait and we will see....come Nov. 17, we may wake up to the American Dream team.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org