A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 02:46:49 am
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shotgun Sams  (Read 191010 times)
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #375 on: November 30, 2015, 08:02:43 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/elections/former-oologah-police-chief-withdraws-tulsa-county-sheriff-candidacy/article_de5f0fcc-69cb-53ed-90cc-5572ea6d0d76.html
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #376 on: December 01, 2015, 04:29:28 pm »

I don't believe it. This is a clever piece of disinformation put out by his political enemies with the assistance of the Liberal Media, that far left Tulsa World, the Trilateral Commission, and the International Communist Conspiracy.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #377 on: December 01, 2015, 06:12:09 pm »

I don't believe it. This is a clever piece of disinformation put out by his political enemies with the assistance of the Liberal Media, that far left Tulsa World, the Trilateral Commission, and the International Communist Conspiracy.

Don't forget the Pentaverate!

https://youtu.be/YKRFlNryaWw?t=1m

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #378 on: December 02, 2015, 04:37:41 am »

Rice visited a doctor Monday morning due to chest pain, and afterward decided to withdraw his candidacy because of long-term heart-health issues.
“I really wanted to try. I really, really, really wanted to do it, but it’s just not my time,” he said.

Isn't this the same excuse for closing Shotgun Sam's?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #379 on: December 02, 2015, 08:25:38 am »

His latest rant is that the Hatch Act prevents any current employee of the TPD from running for public office since the TPD has received federal grants/funding.  But he’s sure the media has no interest in this and won’t expose it.

I try not to look.  Really I do.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #380 on: December 02, 2015, 09:21:41 am »

But yet...

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #381 on: December 02, 2015, 09:22:49 am »

His latest rant is that the Hatch Act prevents any current employee of the TPD from running for public office since the TPD has received federal grants/funding.  But he’s sure the media has no interest in this and won’t expose it.

That's because the Hatch Act was amended to clarify that such people can run for office.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #382 on: December 02, 2015, 12:00:51 pm »

But yet...

Yes, I know.  I’m looking for a 12 step program...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #383 on: December 02, 2015, 12:44:11 pm »

Yes, I know.  I’m looking for a 12 step program...

So at some point you clicked "follow"?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #384 on: December 02, 2015, 02:47:34 pm »

So at some point you clicked "follow"?

Nah, just a weird compulsion

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #385 on: January 30, 2016, 11:28:29 am »

I try not to look, but it’s impossible.

Now our favorite ex-cop, wrecker driver, pizza slinger, cab driver, sheriff candidate says he’s been offered $100K to take a chief of police job out of state.

Rice was on Fox23 last night saying his Checker Cab drivers will be armed, following a carjacking.  Couldnt find a link.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #386 on: April 13, 2016, 03:16:29 pm »

Buckle up!  Jim Peters Rice (who backed out of the Sheriff's race after he backed out of Shotgun Sam's) has apparently filed for Tulsa City Council District 3.  Too bad he and Paul Tay aren't competing in the same district...

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #387 on: April 13, 2016, 03:27:56 pm »

Buckle up!  Jim Peters Rice (who backed out of the Sheriff's race after he backed out of Shotgun Sam's) has apparently filed for Tulsa City Council District 3.  Too bad he and Paul Tay aren't competing in the same district...

Oh hell, that's my district.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #388 on: April 13, 2016, 04:02:20 pm »

I assumed he dropped out of the sheriff race due to background checks...is this not done when running for city council?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #389 on: April 14, 2016, 08:34:06 am »

The gift that just keeps on giving:

https://www.facebook.com/JimRiceforSheriff/

He simply converted his sheriff page over to his latest venture.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org