A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:46:29 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Cox cable lineup a PITA?  (Read 21200 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2015, 02:38:14 pm »

He ended up owning all or part.....Then sold out....

Well sorta. He had a contract agreement with United Cable in Denver. And basically it cost United Artist a cool Million to buy him out.
And that was 1989 Dollars. He did very well.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2015, 02:51:27 pm »

I always heard it was much more than that......His biggest mistake was marrying that chick off the shopping channel.......

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2015, 03:04:13 pm »

What do you (and others) do for internet access? I still use a cox internet only option. It was the best option for where we lived when we moved here, but I have not really evaluated other options recently.

Cox gets you the best speeds for Internet. They try to give you the "yeah but it's shared" argument but I can speedtest 103Mbps down (not on the highest package either) and the Uverse salesman offered me 1.5Mbps.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2015, 03:31:10 pm »

Cox gets you the best speeds for Internet. They try to give you the "yeah but it's shared" argument but I can speedtest 103Mbps down (not on the highest package either) and the Uverse salesman offered me 1.5Mbps.

The neighborhood I recently moved to seems to be a problem area for Cox internet. I'm paying for 100 meg download but after 7 p.m. I'm seeing 20 and below. A tech is coming out in the next couple of hours. This is the second one this week.
I betting it's all you cord cutters causing this. And I can't wait till everyone goes to internet only and experiences this wonderful world of it's not us it's your equipment.
I didn't have this problem in the last housing edition where there were a total of five houses on one side of the street. And average age of residence was 40 and above.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2015, 09:12:27 pm »

I talked with Cox Technical Support on the phone this evening.  Analog TV's will need the box.  If your TV has an internal digital tuner, you won't need the box but the box will offer some extras.  We already don't get a couple of channels (Nat Geo is one) that the tech guy said we should looking at our service level and channel line up.  Without the box but with an internal digital tuner there may be some channel number anomalies.

I was told in store today that after August, no box means no channels at all, even if you have an internal digital tuner.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org